51 replies to this topic

#21 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

Irony.

McGuire a GM. Thats a laugher. He's and idiot. Go ahead and take the job just we can get your ugly mug off my tube. He will also run that franchise deeper into the ground.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#22 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

Hire Pierre, hire Pierre, hire Pierre, hire Pierre.

Please?

:clap:

If they do hire Creepy Pete, I'll have a new least-favorite team.

#23 TX Wing

TX Wing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

i will pay tampa to hire pierre. maybe we should start a fund for the bolts...

#24 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

i would greatly miss pierre's insight into the game of hockey

Posted Image

#25 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

YEEEESSSS!!! Chalk up another in the "selfish" column - I was really, really hoping he'd stay here (er, in Detroit, I mean...don't even think about coming to Southern California, Stevie!), even though I do wish him all the success in the world.

Oh god, I couldn't wish Pierre on anybody. I mean, it'd be beyond great to finally get him out of my TV set, but I wouldn't sic him on the poor guys of the Lightning. Can't somebody just find him a job in the mail room or something?

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#26 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:47 AM

YEEEESSSS!!! Chalk up another in the "selfish" column - I was really, really hoping he'd stay here (er, in Detroit, I mean...don't even think about coming to Southern California, Stevie!), even though I do wish him all the success in the world.

Oh god, I couldn't wish Pierre on anybody. I mean, it'd be beyond great to finally get him out of my TV set, but I wouldn't sic him on the poor guys of the Lightning. Can't somebody just find him a job in the mail room or something?

This was basically the same thing I was going to say on all accounts, haha

Yzerman stay in Detroit - check
McGuire a parasite - check

yea, you basically covered it!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#27 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:08 AM

how reliable is TFP though? I HOPE it is!!! Cant imagine Stevie out there, f*** that.. Red Wings for life!

I wont believe it til TSN or NHL posts it.

#28 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:53 AM

how reliable is TFP though? I HOPE it is!!! Cant imagine Stevie out there, f*** that.. Red Wings for life!

I wont believe it til TSN or NHL posts it.

TFP is generally not very reliable, however, not sure why Steve would want this position anyway. I know he'd likely jump if a good opportunity came his way, but you have to imagine that most guys want to stay clear of Tampa.

#29 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

Not surprised that Yzerman has said no. I don't think at the moment he is too keen on moving his family away from the Detriot area.

As the man himself says:

"The situation has to be right for me and my family," he said. "Believe it or not, being a part of this organization and living in Detroit is something I cherish."

As far as I'm concerned Yzerman is the ONLY canditate that should be considered whenever Ken Holland decides to step down.

And P.J. McGuire becoming the new GM of the Tampa - I just lol'd.

#30 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:08 AM

TFP is generally not very reliable, however, not sure why Steve would want this position anyway. I know he'd likely jump if a good opportunity came his way, but you have to imagine that most guys want to stay clear of Tampa.

Tampa actually seems like one of the best opportunities there is now... new ownership that wants to win and is very hands off, GM gets to choose new coaching staff and inherits a LOT of young talent and some high picks in this years draft... furthermore, you add in the contingency of MI transplants in Tampa and this could potentially be the single best fit he could find outside of Detroit... I'm just glad he's not leaving

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#31 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

Great news! Stevie has better taste than that.

Please, Lord, let them hire Pee-air so he will stop showing up on hockey broadcasts. Please!! <_<

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#32 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

Good news, I'm glad to hear that.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#33 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

I think he knew he was always going to stay here. He just wanted that feeling of mixing it up somewhere else. Detroit is the place for him.

#34 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:25 PM

Hire Pierre, hire Pierre, hire Pierre, hire Pierre.

Please?

lol that is do funny, imagine how much he would annoy the team ahaha, but yes hire him!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#35 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

Cool stuff, although Yzy's departure is still imminent
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#36 AIK'91

AIK'91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

Not sure how reliable this is...

Link

#37 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

Not sure how reliable this is...

Link

ugh... like I said:

Tampa actually seems like one of the best opportunities there is now... new ownership that wants to win and is very hands off, GM gets to choose new coaching staff and inherits a LOT of young talent and some high picks in this years draft... furthermore, you add in the contingency of MI transplants in Tampa and this could potentially be the single best fit he could find outside of Detroit... I'm just glad he's not leaving

This is actually the scenario that scares me the most... I really hope he stays put :nervous: :shock: :confused:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#38 AIK'91

AIK'91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

ugh... like I said:

I didn't post the article to show how Tampa's a good fit. The main point from the article was that it refutes previous reports that Yzerman declined Tampa. If this source is reliable, apparently Yzerman's still the front-runner.

As an aside though, does anyone think Yzerman would even consider TB if it weren't were Stamkos? He singlehandedly makes that entire organization so much more appealing. Hedman helps as well (but to a much lesser extent).

#39 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

I didn't post the article to show how Tampa's a good fit. The main point from the article was that it refutes previous reports that Yzerman declined Tampa. If this source is reliable, apparently Yzerman's still the front-runner.

As an aside though, does anyone think Yzerman would even consider TB if it weren't were Stamkos? He singlehandedly makes that entire organization so much more appealing. Hedman helps as well (but to a much lesser extent).

I wasn't saying you were... I was merely showing what I posted earlier, to show why Tampa scares me about him leaving... read it in context.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#40 AIK'91

AIK'91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

I wasn't saying you were... I was merely showing what I posted earlier, to show why Tampa scares me about him leaving... read it in context.

Sorry man, my bad. I misunderstood.

I just assumed that the 'ugh...like I said' meant you were grudgingly rehashing because you thought I was bringing up old news.