• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Sidney Crosby - The most hated player in the NHL

Rate this topic

I think it's about marketing more than one player. Market players from different teams. Give all the teams in the league some of that marketing revenue, instead of just the Penguins.

Phoenix would probably be doing better if they marketed Doan like they do Crosby.

The NHL probably thinks they've struck gold with C-Word and Ovechkin. In their minds they probably imagine that in comparison to the NBA's progress, which is what Bettman wants it seems, it's as if they have Jordan and Kobe come into the game at the same age. They're going to continue to go about this way and time well tell whether or not that approach is simply outdated for public appeal.

Well, of course, I wasn't thinking about Kane. Miller or Parise may be boring to you, however, it's the marketing dept to come up with the ideas. How about marketing Ryan Kesler? Hey, I don't know but I do identify more with an American born player than I do any other due to the fact I am an American.

Ryan Kesler wonldn't work - playing for Vancouver and all.

I think it's about marketing more than one player. Market players from different teams. Give all the teams in the league some of that marketing revenue, instead of just the Penguins.

Phoenix would probably be doing better if they marketed Doan like they do Crosby.

I would have to agree with you there. Why does it have to be one player? I mean I identify with the Wings, etc.

Well, of course, I wasn't thinking about Kane. Miller or Parise may be boring to you, however, it's the marketing dept to come up with the ideas. How about marketing Ryan Kesler? Hey, I don't know but I do identify more with an American born player than I do any other due to the fact I am an American.

Well, actually, I'm a hockey fan first. I meant boring in the general public sense. I should've clarified that. I mean, I acknowledge that guys like Lidstrom are "boring" but I feel entertained when I focus on him and see the little things he does that aren't very flashy. The hockey fan in me would absolutely love to see Miller and Parise get more marketing time. But the business side of me has to acknowledge that those guys don't seem to think too much about national attention or selling the game. They just want to play the game they love and win. I wish that would be appealing enough to the general public but apparently it's not. They want a burning image.

I identify with players that I wish I could play like. When I watch Henrik Zetterberg at the top of his game I truly think to myself, "Man... That guy is all determination. He's affecting the game everywhere he goes. That's how I want to play." You could say the same about Datsyuk but I myself am in so much awe of his play that I can't even imagine what it would be like to have his ability.

The things that Dats , Lids, and Z do to me are(understatement of the millenium coming) very overlooked. But as a hockey fan first I must say its not at all shocking. Canadian sport. Russian and Swedish players, says it all and has been said sooooo often. Just rings true evermore every single year through the continuous replays of what Skid Mark has done. The constant threads about this tool is definitely tiring but there will be more and more coming so it is what it is. All we can do is sit back and watch the show our boys put on every night. Cannot stop thinking about next season.

I do not like Crosby at all but he is hated because he is damn talented kid. The hatred on Crosby is not wrong but give him at least some credit; this reminds me when I was a very young kid who hated Patrick Roy a lot but at least I respected his performance on the ice.

I do not like Crosby at all but he is hated because he is damn talented kid. The hatred on Crosby is not wrong but give him at least some credit; this reminds me when I was a very young kid who hated Patrick Roy a lot but at least I respected his performance on the ice.

I do admire his talent but he makes it very difficult to do so with even when I have my Wings goggles off (very rarely) he is just constantly bitching with that one face he makes and the continual dives. Too much of the whining for him to get any respect.

Plus, not shaking one of the game's best defenseman and downright perfect human, Nick Lidstrom's hand? Yep 'nuff said.

Edited by HankthaTank

I would 100% prefer Jordan Staal to Crosby. Beacon of - oh god, I'm gonna use a dirty word on LGW - class(!!!)on a team full of cheapshooters, divers, crybabies and primadonnas. If only we could switch to J. Staal... he reminds me (personality wise) of the new coach in Pitts, who really comes off (to me, at least)as fair and level headed.

Please, you ever heard of Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Ray Lewis, Brett Favre, Brian Urlacher, Ocho-butthole, TO, Reggie Bush, etc, etc, etc...?

esteef

You are naming big name players not the most marketed. Peyton Manning does like 235236 commercials a year. So you posed the question. Peyton Manning is definitely the most marketable/marketed player in the NFL.

You are naming big name players not the most marketed. Peyton Manning does like 235236 commercials a year. So you posed the question. Peyton Manning is definitely the most marketable/marketed player in the NFL.

Brett Favre didn't do commercials? Or Urlacher? Or Reggie Bush? I agree Peyton may have the most, but it's not like Crosby and the NHL.

esteef

Brett Favre didn't do commercials? Or Urlacher? Or Reggie Bush? I agree Peyton may have the most, but it's not like Crosby and the NHL.

esteef

Yes, and maybe commercials wasn't the best way to make the point. But the infatuation and the coverage with Manning when he gets to the Super Bowl, loses, has an injury of some kind, or as some have put on here "takes a dump" surpasses all of these guys you have brought up. Possibly excluding Favre but this is also an American game. Tough to compare but I did my best haha.

So does this mean that if they are burning Pronger's picture in a couple weeks that he will be the new "Most Hated Player in the NHL"?

I guess I didn't realize that a handful of scrubs in Montreal spoke for the entire NHL fan base.

Edited by Broken 16

I remember during the olympics when you had a ton of posters on here who would say, "My friend (or girlfriend) doesn't even watch hockey and they said to me, "Who the hell is that whiny looking kid? He's such a ******. Why do they keep focusing on him?" Quite a marketing strategy.

I'll concur with that. My wife doesn't follow hockey but even she hates Crosby.

I'm a Blackhawks hater but they do have one player I like: Toews.

He's a great player, underrated - especially during the olympics. He was arguably Canada's best player. He has a great attitude, doesn't place blame on anyone unlike Crosby. A silent leader, also a very charitable guy... The fact that he wears #19 and idolized Yzerman says alot too.

Make him the new face of the NHL... People wouldn't mind believe me.

Just get captain pubestache off the ledger.

He's a great player, underrated - especially during the olympics. He was arguably Canada's best player.

No arguably about it for me. He racked up a lot of points and pluses for being the third line center. He was clutch.

He's a great player, underrated - especially during the olympics. He was arguably Canada's best player. He has a great attitude, doesn't place blame on anyone unlike Crosby. A silent leader, also a very charitable guy... The fact that he wears #19 and idolized Yzerman says alot too.

THIS... Well said. And agreed with Toews. Granted everyone hated the Wings but that was consistent opinion of Stevie was that he was just one of if not THE greatest Captain in the sport's history. I hate Chicago but Toews certainly has my respect. He plays the right way and can kill a penalty or two. All of which Skid Mark cannot.

The NEW face of the NHL..... Jonathan "Man-Bear-Pig" Teows!

blackhawks-mural.jpg

EDIT: BTW, I am also a big Teows fan... Chicago doesn't deserve him but I couldn't pass this up.

Edited by The Secret