• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MidMichSteve

Boston/Philly Game 7

Rate this topic

Hey wait a second, how many teams lost a Game 7 at home in these playoffs so far?

Warshington, Pittburgh, Pheonix, Boastin... Anyone else? Seems like home ice can be a disadvantage because teams tend to focus better on the road and have less distractions.

Kind of sucks the Wings couldn't be the ones to pull that off...

Yes it does.

At the same time, I'm a little happy that they have the time off and can get better workouts and whatnot to prepare for next year. I couldn't bear to watch them towards the end of last year's run and this whole year. Too many guys just look so worn down.

Kind of sucks the Wings couldn't be the ones to pull that off...

Remember what Babcock said in post game after we went down 3-0. He said something like, "Coming back from 3-0 only happens once every 30 or so years, guess it's our turn." He was kinda right but unfortunately, it wasn't us. Even people thought if anyone could, it'd be the Wings ... no one saw this coming but hey, congratulations Flyers.

Beat me to it - was just about to post that Ville says hi from the conference finals. Good for him, sometimes being rejected is what it takes for someone to realise what being an NHL player is all about - cf Cleary, Eaves, Miller.

Hey wait a second, how many teams lost a Game 7 at home in these playoffs so far?

Warshington, Pittburgh, Pheonix, Boastin... Anyone else? Seems like home ice can be a disadvantage because teams tend to focus better on the road and have less distractions.

Are you from Texas? :lol:

Are you from Texas? :lol:

You're jokin, right? That's a midwestern thing, most particularly Iowa and that area.

I wasn't sure where that came from. I've just had a lot of teachers who pronounce it that way. With everybody in the class looking at each other and snickering a little at first.

Beat me to it - was just about to post that Ville says hi from the conference finals. Good for him, sometimes being rejected is what it takes for someone to realise what being an NHL player is all about - cf Cleary, Eaves, Miller.

This. Don't be bitter, because it was never gonna work here. Just like Latendresse was never going to work in Montreal and Jokinen was never going to work in Tampa Bay.

Guest mindfly

This. Don't be bitter, because it was never gonna work here. Just like Latendresse was never going to work in Montreal and Jokinen was never going to work in Tampa Bay.

And Price never going to work in Montreal

Just finally watched the replay of this on NHL network...

Ville Leino looks like he has really found his niche in the league. Was strong on the power play, even strength just looked like he belonged. Good for Philly and the comeback. Worst of all the chokes in the history of 3-0. Amazing what that arena sounded like after that 4th goal. None of the Lets Go Bruins none of the TUUK! chants when he makes a simple save. Unreal..

Habs in 6 tho

Who the hell did we get in return for Leino?

Would he have helped us out with one or two goals here and there and maybe change the outcome of our series with SJ?

Is Kenny kicking himself?

Dman named Tollefsen.. Not sure what chances he has at making the roster. Doesn't seem likely from what I have been reading. And in regards to Ville its simply a matter of confidence which in Detroit he didn't have much. Although I do recall a little goal scoring streak he went on when we first called him up. He just never really panned out, but would have loved to have plugged him to see what he could have done. So in short, he has the perfect situation now in Philly.

Guest scottj

good for leino... hated him being on the Red Wings roster, but never disliked him for any other reason than that lol

There's a part of me that's sad that Philly doesn't get to beat on Crosby and Pens for seven games in a row. Although, I'm still thrilled that the Pens lost. I think Philly is becoming my favorite team from the east.

I'm definitely with you on that, they've shown a lot of moxie at the end of the season considering all the goaltending problems plaguing them all year. Now in the playoffs a guy like Boucher who was relegated to third string leads them at the end of the year into the playoffs helps beat the Devils ; gets injured in game 6 with Boston in the midst of a shutout; Leighton relieves just back from an injury incurred during the season completes the shutout ; and he helps them win a phenomenal comeback game seven. Plus they got Leino playing some gritty hockey what's there not to like. Go Flyers

Jeez - no one knows the kid or is tearing him down. He just has the poor fortune of being a funny symbol of the Bruins failure. The Bruins make little kids cry.

Exactly. I just thought it was funny that they showed a little kid crying on TV after his team lost. IT was just the icing on the cake after that choke job.

Almost every one of the players that he's crying over is a millionaire that went home that night in their Range Rover or Porsche to have sex with supermodel-caliber talent. Nothing to cry over. And yes, I say the same thing when the Wings lose.

Chris

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Great game, Philly really wanted it more. And I guess Leino proved the vast majority of this site wrong for the time being.

11-1 In PO series predictions :cool:

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA