#141 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

<-- Posted Image

On the spot with that one! HAHAHAHA Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#142 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:25 PM

Sure puts it in perspective... But the Jordan Staal crying picture with Skid Mark sitting right next to him on the bench after their epic collapse was a bit funnier though.

The crying kid is a sad pic. Staal and Crosby is hilarious.

Unless you are Jordan's Mom. :D

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#143 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

Where can I see a bigger version of the Staal and Crosby picture?

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#144 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Watched this game with my gf tonight and we thought it was over after Boston potted the 3rd goal. I can't believe Philly stormed back like that.

Needless to say the Bruins will be aggressively pursuing some scoring solutions this summer. I wouldn't be surprised to see them dangle the Leafs' pick for a proven sniper. They really shouldn't have held fast at the deadline because they're inside that small window for potential Cup winners.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#145 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

I doubt people would pack the JLA to watch us play the Sharks in a game 7 on the road, though.

In any case, Ville Leino is now a part of sports history.

:puke:

I just don't understand the twisted reality of these players doing better once they leave the Red Wings (Sammy, Kopeczky (ha!), and now, Leino). It must be a thought pattern that goes hand-in-hand with all other teams bringing their "A" game when they're playing against Detroit. Watch, Lebda will be the next one.

I only watched the third period out of the whole series. Boston was the definition of pathetic. When you just stand there with the puck when you're trying to enter the zone, you're bound to lose the puck with a physical, hungry Philly team coming at you. Come on now, is that what you call hockey?

#146 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

Anyone think that blathering idiot Jack Edwards had a Revolutionary War comparison for this one?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#147 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

Anyone think that blathering idiot Jack Edwards had a Revolutionary War comparison for this one?

No, he's probably going to ***** about the refereeing in his next blog/story that he writes though.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#148 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

No matter how frustrating times can be as a Wings fan, we can always say, "Hey, at least we didn't pull a Boston."

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#149 Rufio

Rufio

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

I can't believe I've watched this happen twice in two weeks. Wow! Coming back from 0-3 WTF??

#150 TX Wing

TX Wing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

*fixed.

#151 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image

*fixed.

:thumbup:

#152 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

Hey guys I just got inside info about the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Habs and Flyers will go 3-3 after 6, and on the plane ride home they crash into each other, and Crosby goes to the finals

On the West side the exact same thing happens to the Sharks/Hawks, except Phoenix goes to the finals
Crosby sweeps the Coyotes, only needing 3 wins.

Discuss

I'm quite disappointed that this info got leaked already, and sorry to share it with all of you, but I felt it was necessary.

#153 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

Would fans come to the JLA to watch the Wings play on a monitor?

:unsure:

Once upon a time in the 90s...
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#154 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

Ahh...this is great. For those of you that don't live in Boston, then you don't know how good this feels. I can see why people that don't live here would root for the Bruins, but not me. By living in Boston, any outside sport enthusiast will develop a keen hatred for all things regarding Boston sports fans. Everyone here has been giving me crap about the WIngs losing. The joke is on them, because I have enough ammunition for a decade now.

#155 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

Here's another version.
Posted Image

Hmm... That pic should be framed and hung up inside the Bruins locker room.

#156 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:35 PM

Where can I see a bigger version of the Staal and Crosby picture?

Link

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#157 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:41 PM

Hey wait a second, how many teams lost a Game 7 at home in these playoffs so far?

Warshington, Pittburgh, Pheonix, Boastin... Anyone else? Seems like home ice can be a disadvantage because teams tend to focus better on the road and have less distractions.

#158 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

Kind of sucks the Wings couldn't be the ones to pull that off...
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#159 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:57 PM

Kind of sucks the Wings couldn't be the ones to pull that off...

Yes it does.

At the same time, I'm a little happy that they have the time off and can get better workouts and whatnot to prepare for next year. I couldn't bear to watch them towards the end of last year's run and this whole year. Too many guys just look so worn down.

#160 Red Storm

Red Storm

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:06 AM

The Flyers what a comeback, took them high in my pool not as high as the Wings of course. They got a lot of grit and determination. I guess Montreal can't play the underdog card no longer. Go Leino Go!