• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

The Worlds

Rate this topic

Ovechkin and Semin have been sad this tournament. Actually, they've both been horrible since the Olympics. Those two along with Kovalchuk and Malkin make for a few too many guys who refuse to pass the puck.

Doesn't look like Russia will win this.

Just started watching the game - is the 0-2 score a fair representation of the game?

Not really, Russia's been having the puck most of the time. They have a hard time getting to quality chances though, the Czech are defending well and have pretty much scored on the only chances they've had.

german announcer said, that Dats will be named "best forward of the tournament" !!! :clap:

Awesome, he's been the best player of the tournament imo.

Ovechkin and Semin have been sad this tournament. Actually, they've both been horrible since the Olympics. Those two along with Kovalchuk and Malkin make for a few too many guys who refuse to pass the puck.

Doesn't look like Russia will win this.

Not really, Russia's been having the puck most of the time. They have a hard time getting to quality chances though, the Czech are defending well and have pretty much scored on the only chances they've had.

Thanks for that. I don't really get how the Russian team can under-perform like they've been doing in this tournament. And now they're gooning it up yo!

Not so sure about the penalty on Jagr. Looked like a hip check. 5+20 seems too much even if it was a penalty.

Yeah, looking at the replay there's no way it should've resulted in such a harsh penalization. Not Russia's tournament. Definitely gonna be remembered for Denmark's, Germany's and all the other minor hockey nations' performances.

Pasha is the one who has to do it.. he has played pretty much constantly the last couple of minutes, winning every faceoff, setting people up, and finally scored himself.

edit: Czech win Gold. With all those goalscorers Russia had, Pavel was the only one who could put the puck in the net (twice) in the final. Russia took too many penalties in the 3rd, they couldn't get any real push until the last 2-3 minutes and then it was too late.

Edited by dat's sick

Guest mindfly

Datsyuk is too damn good for that russian team, he's the only one who plays the game like it should be, ovechkin, semin and others just disappears when the games starts to matter

I'm proud of you Datsyuk :thumbup:

ALL STAR TEAM

Goalkeeper: Dennis Endras (GER)

Defenceman: Petteri Nummelin (FIN)

Defenceman: Christian Ehrhoff (GER)

Forward: Pavel Datsyuk (RUS)

Forward: Evgeni Malkin (RUS)

Forward: Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson (SWE)

MVP: Dennis Endras (GER)

DIRECTORATE AWARDS

Best Goalkeeper: Dennis Endras (GER)

Best Defenceman: Petteri Nummelin (FIN)

Best Forward: Pavel Datsyuk (RUS)

Edited by germanwing

Ovechkin and Semin are looking like real losers this year. Out in the first round, out in the quarterfinals of the Olympics and then losing to a team with 4 NHLers on it in the Gold Medal game of the WHC.

Good for Datsyuk, he was great the whole tournament. Hopefully all this embarrasment sparks him next season to do even better.

World Ranking after the tournament:

1. (2.) Russia 3980

2. (1.) Canada 3970

3. (4.) Sweden 3845

4. (3.) Finland 3805

5. (6.) Czech Rep. 3785

6. (5.) USA 3650

7. (8.) Switzerland 3540

8. (7.) Slovakia 3405

9. (12.) Germany 3360

10. (9.) Belarus 3360

World Ranking after the tournament:

1. (2.) Russia 3980

2. (1.) Canada 3970

3. (4.) Sweden 3845

4. (3.) Finland 3805

5. (6.) Czech Rep. 3785

6. (5.) USA 3650

7. (8.) Switzerland 3540

8. (7.) Slovakia 3405

9. (12.) Germany 3360

10. (9.) Belarus 3360

Surprised that Denmark didn't make any progress whatsoever on that list.

the way Russia played - that means barely generating any teamwork it's no surprise to me to see them

being burned by organized Czechs. the only Russian players to generate some space and passes were Datsyuk,

Gonchar and at times (in the final game at least) Kovalchuk. and all primadonna's like Malkin (who was

absolutely brutal in this final game) or Ovechkin were so totally predictable that Czech defense could win

it even with Chokemanek in net.

message to Bykov and rest of Russian staff: next time bring some team players in. guys who know how to pass

and have any awareness of the situation around them. not just sole knowledge where the goal stands.

it's a team game, not a skill competition

Edited by akustyk

Datsyuk is too damn good for that russian team, he's the only one who plays the game like it should be, ovechkin, semin and others just disappears when the games starts to matter

I'm proud of you Datsyuk :thumbup:

I must say, this is one of the rare times when you and I agree totally. I wish I could have watched the tournament, but I have a feeling that Pasha may have tried to carry the team on his shoulders, due to the MIA's that they had (and they know who they are). Whatever the case, I am very proud of Pasha, and now I hope he can have a wonderful summer, and come back with all guns blazing for next season.