• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

5/16 Playoff Gameday

Rate this topic

From TSN; Hal Gill says :

"It's easy to hate the Flyers," said Gill, a former Pittsburgh Penguin who lived through the intense cross-state rivalry in the playoffs the last two seasons. "They've been the Broad Street Bullies, their fans are loud and obnoxious.

"If you're from Philly that's great, if you're not you hate them. It's fun to hate the Flyers, just like it's fun for them to hate our fans and our team. It should be a good series as far as hate goes."

"It's easy to hate the Flyers," said Gill, a former Pittsburgh Penguin who lived through the intense cross-state rivalry in the playoffs the last two seasons. "They've been the Broad Street Bullies, their fans are loud and obnoxious.

"If you're from Philly that's great, if you're not you

So what does that make Montreal fans?

I'm indifferent to this series (SJ-CHI). Let it go 7 games, with each game going to 3 or 4 OT's for all I care. Let these guys beat each other up and wear each other out.

I can't bring myself to cheer for a division rival, so I can clearly not cheer for Chicago.

I can't bring myself to cheer for the team that knocked us out, so I can clearly not cheer for San Jose.

It's like a battle of wits...

I'm indifferent to this series (SJ-CHI). Let it go 7 games, with each game going to 3 or 4 OT's for all I care. Let these guys beat each other up and wear each other out.

I can't bring myself to cheer for a division rival, so I can clearly not cheer for Chicago.

I can't bring myself to cheer for the team that knocked us out, so I can clearly not cheer for San Jose.

It's like a battle of wits...

I hear ya. But it's been one of my joys in life to see one of Thornton's meltdowns.

I happened to be on the phone with my dad (HUGE Hawks fan) during the Sharp goal. He's trying to convince me to root for the Hawks since I don't like either team really.