• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pjgj13

pjgj13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

That game 7 between the Flyers & Bruins was shown at the Wachovia Center? I thought Versus (or was it the NHL) didn't want the game shown at the road team's arena?? Remember when they didn't allow the games in Pittsburgh shown on JoeVision last year??

#2 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

That game 7 between the Flyers & Bruins was shown at the Wachovia Center? I thought Versus (or was it the NHL) didn't want the game shown at the road team's arena?? Remember when they didn't allow the games in Pittsburgh shown on JoeVision last year??

I think its just NBC who has their panties in a knot about viewing rights

#3 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

NBC is the one who doesnt allow it the NHL from my understanding has no control of that.
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#4 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

i forgot about that...nbc is a bunch of jerk offs.

#5 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

Oh s*** I never knew why Joe Vision had been "cancelled"... So it's NBC's fault, motherf@$%^&*
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#6 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

WOW really? That's really, really stupid. What's next, they're going to prohibit people watching the games in bars that charge a door cover? I mean, it's basically the same f***in' thing.

Posted Image

#7 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:10 AM

I forgot about that! Why on earth would a company like NBC give a f*** about 16000 fans all coming an empty arena to watch there team? Its not like its free is it? I heard it was like ten bucks to get in to see it as well? Any way f*** NBC, and f*** Gary Bettman as well because Im sure hes behind it somehow lol
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#8 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

I forgot about that! Why on earth would a company like NBC give a f*** about 16000 fans all coming an empty arena to watch there team? Its not like its free is it? I heard it was like ten bucks to get in to see it as well? Any way f*** NBC, and f*** Gary Bettman as well because Im sure hes behind it somehow lol

Because those 16,000 fans are represented by a single screen to NBC ie 15999 less opportunities for cash. Additionally, that 10 dollars the arena charges doesn't go to NBC, it stays within the organization.

I don't think its too much to ask for a fee to make up for lost ratings, but they NBC needs to meet us in the middle. I think a good idea would be to broadcast from both the arena where the game is held, and the away team's arena to present the game, the rabid fans, and look like the good guy for allowing the game to be televised elsewhere.

#9 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

Maybe they don't care until it's the Stanley Cup Final; the same way NBC doesn't care if it's a game on a weekday.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.