• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pjgj13

Anyone Else Notice?

Rate this topic

That game 7 between the Flyers & Bruins was shown at the Wachovia Center? I thought Versus (or was it the NHL) didn't want the game shown at the road team's arena?? Remember when they didn't allow the games in Pittsburgh shown on JoeVision last year??

That game 7 between the Flyers & Bruins was shown at the Wachovia Center? I thought Versus (or was it the NHL) didn't want the game shown at the road team's arena?? Remember when they didn't allow the games in Pittsburgh shown on JoeVision last year??

I think its just NBC who has their panties in a knot about viewing rights

I forgot about that! Why on earth would a company like NBC give a f*** about 16000 fans all coming an empty arena to watch there team? Its not like its free is it? I heard it was like ten bucks to get in to see it as well? Any way f*** NBC, and f*** Gary Bettman as well because Im sure hes behind it somehow lol

I forgot about that! Why on earth would a company like NBC give a f*** about 16000 fans all coming an empty arena to watch there team? Its not like its free is it? I heard it was like ten bucks to get in to see it as well? Any way f*** NBC, and f*** Gary Bettman as well because Im sure hes behind it somehow lol

Because those 16,000 fans are represented by a single screen to NBC ie 15999 less opportunities for cash. Additionally, that 10 dollars the arena charges doesn't go to NBC, it stays within the organization.

I don't think its too much to ask for a fee to make up for lost ratings, but they NBC needs to meet us in the middle. I think a good idea would be to broadcast from both the arena where the game is held, and the away team's arena to present the game, the rabid fans, and look like the good guy for allowing the game to be televised elsewhere.