• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Worst Hockey Team Name Ever?

Rate this topic

I just remember my friend telling me about it, so I have no idea where it was, but there was a team called the Nads. Supporters would yell "Go Nads!"

Here you go. Rhode Island School of Design Nads (College)

scrotie.jpg

Couple of other good ones,

Deportivo Wanka (Peruvian soccer team)

Chattanooga Central Purple Pounders (High school)

Young Boys Bern (Swiss soccer league)

UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs (College)

buttpirates.jpg

:lol: I thought that was a joke. I googled it, it's a real school!

Anyone want any Butte Pirates gear? You can order some on these sites!

http://www.prepsportswear.com/team/us/Idaho/Arco/Butte--Pirates-Basketball.aspx?schoolid=1001974

http://www.spiritshop.com/school/idaho/arco/butte_county_high_school-11608.aspx

Seriously Arco Idaho or Butte High School, change the name of your sports teams!

There was an old timers tourney in the rink where I play this last winter and there was a team made up of ex Canadian Navy guys and they were called the CRUSTY OLD SEAMEN !

There was an old timers tourney in the rink where I play this last winter and there was a team made up of ex Canadian Navy guys and they were called the CRUSTY OLD SEAMEN !

:blink: I don't think I'd want to play against those guys.

Here you go. Rhode Island School of Design Nads (College)

scrotie.jpg

Couple of other good ones,

Deportivo Wanka (Peruvian soccer team)

Chattanooga Central Purple Pounders (High school)

Young Boys Bern (Swiss soccer league)

UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs (College)

Yeah, this is what I was talking about earlier. The mascot's name is Scrotie.

Oh, and the motto of the team is, "When the heat is on the balls stick together."

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick

No hockey team there, but there's a town nearby whose mascot is the Flicker, which is fine until they put up the big handmade signs in all-caps. The L and I tend to squeeze together and look like a U, so the sings read "GO f***ERS!"

I just remember my friend telling me about it, so I have no idea where it was, but there was a team called the Nads. Supporters would yell "Go Nads!"

No joke that's actually the name of my beer league, but I don't know how we got the name. I joined halfway through the season. I do hear "Go Nads" all the time though.

Back when I was in bantam hockey, our team was deciding on a name that would fit well with the ol' powder blue jerseys and some kid suggested that it would be hilarious to be something that has absolutely nothing to do with blue. The first thing that came up was "Camels" and it was instantly a unanimous vote in support of. Now, apparently this is a derogatory term for Middle-Eastern folk and this was right after 9-11. Despite our Coach's best efforts to try to convince us to change it without corrupting our minds with more derogatory terms in a sensitive time period, he was eventually left with the responsibility of explaining to all the parents why we were the Camels.

No one will say it because they're an original six team, but the "Canadiens" is a really dumb name. Whenever I talk about playing or watching the "Montreal Canadiens" to my non-hockey fan friends, they are sure to emphasize how terrible of a name it is. From tradition it's grown on people I guess.

No one will say it because they're an original six team, but the "Canadiens" is a really dumb name. Whenever I talk about playing or watching the "Montreal Canadiens" to my non-hockey fan friends, they are sure to emphasize how terrible of a name it is. From tradition it's grown on people I guess.

I like Canadiens. It is very classy, in my opinion. It is far better than Ducks, Avalanche, Penguins, or Wild. Those have to be some of the worst names in all of North American pro sports.

detroit red wings is a pretty bad name

As a kid, I used to think the same and wonder why they ever changed their name from the Detroit Cougars.

Now, I love it as it sounds classy, yet not wimpy, or like it is trying to be "tough", like XFL team.

What a Redwing is is anyone's guess, so fans can use their imaginations and develop their own image of the name.

Guest Lidstromboli

i think they should change the name to detroit ref wings

I like Canadiens. It is very classy, in my opinion. It is far better than Ducks, Avalanche, Penguins, or Wild. Those have to be some of the worst names in all of North American pro sports.

Yeah, it's better than the ones you mentioned, but I agree with The Nephilim that the Canadiens, as well as the Canucks, aren't the most creative names ever. I can't imagine naming a team the Americans...it'd be like, well yeah, we kind of got that already from the fact that they play in an American city... I'm used to both now, though, and they don't bother me like the friggin' Wild or Avalanche or any of the non-count noun teams do (although none of them are quite as lame as the Miami Heat or the Utah Jazz, in my opinion).

We used to have a minor league (can't remember what league) hockey team called the San Diego Gulls...add that one to the list of "lame bird names" along with the Ducks and Penguins. That's not quite as lame as the Long Beach Ice Dogs, though...

How about the old UHL team the Port Huron Flags... As one person put it "Why would anyone pick a name where you can remove one letter and it becomes a slur?!?!?!"

I guess Transylvania would have to think twice before naming a team the Counts.

Haha.

The Kane Loose Change

The Cooknee Braces

The Perry Visors

The Lemieux Dufi

The Pronger Sasquatch

The Semin Bongos

Yzerman Captains

Lidstrom Supermen

Zetterberg Fiveonthrees

Datsyuk Houdinis

I don't know I'm sure you guys can come up with better names.

a few years back i played in a beer league on the master baiters. we took alot of shots.

More shots to the face than Jenna Jameson?

Citation to avoid plagiarism: Chris Rock