• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Backstrom re-signs with the Capitals

Rate this topic

I don't know about that, but I can see an argument. Ovechkin is 2 years older right? He's the better play right now, but you never know how much more each will develop and the extra $3 million a year is a lot.

I can see the other side -- but I think Backstrom is quickly shaping up to be one of the best in the league.

He already has a two-way game that is impressive for his age, and one that I do not think Ovechkin will ever touch, and while Ovechkin produces more points, he certainly does not produce more than what Backstrom + a 3 million dollar player would produce.

I think this is an incredible deal for Washington.

Edited by egroen

I can see the other side -- but I think Backstrom is quickly shaping up to be one of the best in the league.

He already has a two-way game that is impressive for his age, and one that I do not think Ovechkin will ever touch, and while Ovechkin produces more points, he certainly does not produce more than what Backstrom + a 3 million dollar player would produce.

I think this is an incredible deal for Washington.

Exactly how I find myself comparing the two deals. :thumbup:

A guy from Washington I think would fit well in our system would be Jason Chimera.I'd love to see him on the 4th line.Anyone heard anything on if they intend on keeping him or letting him walk?

I think they should keep him. They need more guys who are willing to take punishment and block shots.

And damn, he has a cool name. We have to find our next mythical beast named dude-- isn`t Holland always looking for the next Dallas Drake?

Thought this was interesting:

The Washington Post's Tarik el-Bashir reports the breakdown is $6 million for each of the first four years, then $6.5 million for each of the next two, $7 million for one, $7.5 million in both years eight and nine, and then $8 million in the final year.

Aren't these sort of deals usually front loaded?

I guess it's because Backstrom is still so young.

Thought this was interesting:

Aren't these sort of deals usually front loaded?

I guess it's because Backstrom is still so young.

All that money makes me drool. God damn.. I never should have quit playing hockey :crybaby:

^_^

I think they should keep him. They need more guys who are willing to take punishment and block shots.

And damn, he has a cool name. We have to find our next mythical beast named dude-- isn`t Holland always looking for the next Dallas Drake?

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him.However,i don't see Scott Walker being re-signed.Too bad he won't make the team any younger :(

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

If inflation continues then those contracts won't look as big 8-10 years from now.

USMC_Ben has already stated many times that Inflation is not real. :P