• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MTU_Huskies963

Over/Under?

Rate this topic

This is really starting to get ridiculous 0 penalty minutes for the sharks this afternoon. Kudos to the Hawks for overcoming the officiating the sharks benefited from in round 2 (something the wings could not do).:clap: I know lopsided Penalty minutes does not always mean horrible officiating, but the officials have been turning a blind eye to the sharks lately. Most of the penalties against the Hawks were legit. So with that being said do you think the officials call more penalties on the sharks next game, or will they start calling penalties against the sharks. Only to negate them with a Hawks penalty? Do you think the Hawks have over or under 4 PPs in game 2?

I think that the power play differential will always be in the Sharks favor. +4 at least. I'll be shocked if it is much different. The only time it will reverse is if the Blackhawks open a can of whoop-ass and the Sharks get stupid like they always do!

After watching the game yesterday I have no doubt that the Sharks are going to get their way with calls for the rest of the playoffs. They played well against us and probably deserved to win either way, but for everyone who isn't a Sharks fan, if San Jose wins the Cup this year the victory will be somewhat tainted by the questionable officiating they received throughout their run.

i think brad watson has a hard on for the sharks

he's so far in the sharks back pocket he smells like shark poop. it's ******* ridiculous already. where was the call when versteeg skated by the sharks net and boyle slashed and broke versteeg's stick?? unreal. it's getting to a point where i can't even watch this s*** anymore, as if the wings/sharks series wasn't icing on a s***ty cake. teams from the deep south have a stanley cup championship followed by a return to mediocrity. tell me this s*** isn't atleast a little bit fixed...

This is all Crosby's fault.

That bastard!

All joking aside, the officiating in the nhl has to be the worst in sports. Its getting to the point where its ruining the game of hockey and making hockey look like a joke to casual fans.

the penalty distribution in the wings/sharks series was lopsided even though the sharks decided to goon it up in game 4 when they went down 5 goals in one period, without that game where there were dumb penalties taken from the sharks (Thornton etc) that evened the totals out a bit, if you exclude that game the penalties were almost embarrassingly lopsided.

looks like itll be more of the same in this game. it was the first thing that was addressed at the end of the games by commentators, and was slightly overlooked in the wings series. there has to be some sort of game management by the refs to recognize when and when not to call the weak calls, because they didnt call any for chicago, and there was a trip on setoguchi where he didnt keep his feet moving and kinda flopped and there was a call, i dont really know what to think.

All joking aside, the officiating in the nhl has to be the worst in sports. Its getting to the point where its ruining the game of hockey and making hockey look like a joke to casual fans.

this is the biggest problem when trying to expand the game and get new fans. None of the casual fans understand what is/isn't a penalty, so they watch players do certain things all game and all of a sudden it gets called a penalty. and when the announcers (i.e VS) don't explain the call or why it was called, then they just turn the channel.

They played well against us and probably deserved to win either way,

Ya they played awesome. Winning and tying goals in games 1 and 2 on 5 on 3's.

The series winning goal was a microcosm is the series as a whole; Brutal blindside elbow interference on Franzen in the middle of the Sharks zone, no call. Next shift, goal.

Definitely deserving.