• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

See, screwing up can pay off; maybe.

Rate this topic

From TSN :

The Florida Panthers like what they see in the Chicago Blackhawks and think Dale Tallon can do the same for them.

The team has hired Tallon to be their next general manager and will make the announcement at a news conference on Tuesday.

“It is with great pleasure and excitement that I join the Florida Panthers,” said Tallon. "I look forward to getting to work and will immediately evaluate our club's framework, as we diligently prepare for the upcoming draft and free agency signing period.”

The timing of this is perfect.

Hmmm... I know a couple of bad contracts that Chicago would love to hand off to Florida. I wonder if Tallon will be a willing trade partner.

This makes sense; as long as they don't put him in charge of the mail room. A couple of weeks ago on HNIC's "Satellite Hotstove" , someone said that another GM had suggested that Tallon should have been nominated for GM of the year for the deals he had made for Chicago.

Guest Four

Maybe he'll send Florida's better players to Detroit for cheap just to stick it to the Hawks

..what? I can dream

Booth for Ericsson?!

Guest Lidstromboli

man i hope he doesnt screw them over with good acquisitions like sharp, versteeg, hossa, and madden!

man i hope he doesnt screw them over with good acquisitions like sharp, versteeg, hossa, and madden!

It is a question of whether that is good in the long run because it is obviously good short term. Kind of like Burke seems to build a good team as long as you don't mind the present at the expense of the future.