• 755 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

THE HOCKEYBUZZ CENTRAL TOP 40 UFA

1. Ilya Kovalchuk
Ana, NYI, NJ, Tor, LA

2. Sergei Gonchar
Atl, Edm, Dal, Ott, Phx, Pit

3. Patrick Marleau
Still playing. I won't report UFA Rumors involving players still competing for the Stanley Cup.

4. Anton Volchenkov
Dal, Edm, Ott, Pit

5. Tomas Plekanec
Still playing. I won't report UFA Rumors involving players still competing for the Stanley Cup.

6. Teemu Selanne
Ana, Retire

7. Paul Martin
Car, LA, NJ

8. Alex Frolov
Ana, Cbj, Mtl

9. Willie Mitchell
Ana, Car, Colorado, Was

10. Dan Hamhuis
Buf, Cgy

11. Alex Ponikarovski
Atl, Cgy, Cbj

12. Chris Mason
Phl, StL, TB, Was

13. Ray Whitney
Bos, Buf, Car

14. Zbynek Michalek
Fla, Phx

15. Matthew Lombardi
Ott, Phx, Tor

16. Pavol Demitra
Buf, NYR, Stl, Van

17. Evgeni Nabokov

18. Jose Theodore
Chi, NYI, StL, Was

19. Paul Kariya
Ana, Van

20. Bill Guerin
Clb, Pitt, StL

21. Marek Svatos
Col, Fla, Nas, Tor

22. Jere Lehtinen
Buf, Dal, Min, NJ

23. Rob Blake

24. Olli Jokinen
Atl, Bos, Fla, Nas, NYR, Pitt

25. Saku Koivu
Ana, LA, Mtl, Min, Pit

26. Tomas Holmstrom
Det, Mtl, Ott, Van

27. Sean O'Donnell
LA, NJ

28. Adam Burrish

29. Lee Stempniak
Bos, Car, Phx

30. Dan Ellis
NYI, Phl, StL, Was

31. Colby Armstrong
Ana, Atl, Phx, Pit, Van

32. Martin Biron
Buf, Chi, NJ, NYR

33. Dennis Seidenberg
Bos, Cgy, NYI, SJ

34. Kurtis Foster
Phx, StL, TB, Was

35. Henrik Tallinder
Atl, Buf, Col, LA, TB

36. Craig Conroy
Buf, Ott, Cgy

37. Andy Sutton
Car, Edm, NYI

38. Scott Parse
Ana, Dal, Det, LA, NJ

39. Brett Clarke
Atl, Buf, Col, Min

40. Kim Johnsson

#2 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

Well crap...

I wanted a fun off season! Having a 1 out of 5 shot at Parse (no idea who this guy is) isn't the fun I was hoping for. But I guess deep down I knew not to expect much.

#3 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

Well crap...

I wanted a fun off season! Having a 1 out of 5 shot at Parse (no idea who this guy is) isn't the fun I was hoping for. But I guess deep down I knew not to expect much.

lol same but i guess it all depends on what we get Lids for to.

Scott Parse LA kings
5'11 197lbs

59GP 11G 13A

#4 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

Yup, EVERYTHING will depend on the captain's decision... But we all knew that
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#5 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

The good thing is..... Eklund is usually never right haha..... And he most likely will be right about the Holmstrom part, about us resigning him... so that means out of the other 39 he probably is wrong... So we have a shot at everyone except Parse lol

#6 neonsign

neonsign

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

Didn't some website more or less prove that Ek's rumors are actually slightly less likely to come true than if you picked which player would end up at which team randomly?

#7 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,861 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

Quite a few safe bets in that bunch, so likely some will come true.

Given Eklund's track record, I wonder what would happen if he predicted that he was wrong? Would it create a paradox?

At any rate...it does wonder me how he picks Ott and Mtl for possible Homer destinations. Any reason there that I'm missing, or did it just come up on his dart board? Van I can see because he can rotate in on the Homely Swede line with Sammy and the twins and no one will notice. Det is obvious seeing as he belongs here.

#8 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

Quite a few safe bets in that bunch, so likely some will come true.

Given Eklund's track record, I wonder what would happen if he predicted that he was wrong? Would it create a paradox?

At any rate...it does wonder me how he picks Ott and Mtl for possible Homer destinations. Any reason there that I'm missing, or did it just come up on his dart board? Van I can see because he can rotate in on the Homely Swede line with Sammy and the twins and no one will notice. Det is obvious seeing as he belongs here.

Same line of reasoning I guess that you demonstrated for VAN as a possible destination. Alfie is in OTT. I'm sure he'd love Homer to create space for him. MTL though... Yeah, I guess that one does sound like a dartboard guess.

#9 Hockey God

Hockey God

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

We should sign Pavol Demitra

#10 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

I don't know about the rumoured teams but the list is still pretty useful.

#11 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

With Holland hoping and praying Lidstrom will sign a hometown discount for 6 MILLION and Hudler back @ 2.85 MILLION plus the URF and RFA to resign there won't be a lot left to bring in much of anything..

#12 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

With Holland hoping and praying Lidstrom will sign a hometown discount for 6 MILLION and Hudler back @ 2.85 MILLION plus the URF and RFA to resign there won't be a lot left to bring in much of anything..

LOL hometown discount is only 1.45 mill ? he is coming back 1yr 2.5-4mill not 6

#13 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

Maybe $1.45m is not a lot to you, but it is to most :hehe:
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,598 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

Hopefully Volchenkov is dying to play with Lebda, and is willing to take a major paycut in order to do so.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 18 May 2010 - 01:32 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:26 PM

In an article online in the Freep today Holland said he was hoping Lids would sign for 6M. I thought people were nuts thinking he would sign for 4 to 4.5 and here you are thinking it will be for 2.5 to 4.0. Dream on, no effin way they ask him to sign for less than Rafalski..

#16 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:40 PM

He came out and said he hoped to sign him for $6M?? Way to negotiate from a position of strength, Kenny. Even if Lids was thinking along the lines of 2.5 - 4 why would he settle for that when it is already out there that he might get 6??
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#17 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

In an article online in the Freep today Holland said he was hoping Lids would sign for 6M. I thought people were nuts thinking he would sign for 4 to 4.5 and here you are thinking it will be for 2.5 to 4.0. Dream on, no effin way they ask him to sign for less than Rafalski..

That's been the issue all along IMO. While Lidstrom is slowing down, he is still vastly superior to Rafalski defensively.

#18 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

He came out and said he hoped to sign him for $6M?? Way to negotiate from a position of strength, Kenny. Even if Lids was thinking along the lines of 2.5 - 4 why would he settle for that when it is already out there that he might get 6??

Yes, Holland said 6M. I don't know how to post links to articles or I would but if you go to freep.com the article is there under Red Wings. Broke my heart when I read it cuz even though I didn't think they would sign him for less than Rafalski I was hoping for 5M so the Wings would have some wiggle room. No reason for Lidstrom to go public with the fact that the kid enrolled in school in Sweden unless he was going to push for as much money as possible. I mean, what does that say, except hey Kenny look, "got the kid enrolled and color me gone unless I get what I want".

#19 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

26. Tomas Holmstrom
Det, Mtl, Ott, Van

Am i the only one who had an lol on this? I don't think holmstrom would play for another team, even if he wasnt re-signed.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting forwards, followed by the filthy dangling of 2 unworthy defenceman, finishing it up by doing "the datsyuk" on his victims. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench ,and then home to his multiple girlfriends back in the motherland.

#20 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

That's been the issue all along IMO. While Lidstrom is slowing down, he is still vastly superior to Rafalski defensively.

Your right. When Rafalski got the contract things were rosey and the Cap was going up every year. Now 6M for him is about 2 to 3M too much and I think 5M would be a good number for Lidstrom at this point and that is a significant discount considering what some other defensemen in the league are getting. Personally I think Lidstrom's game would be better than it is if he didn't have Mr. Brainfart as his defensive partner..