Eklund's top40 UFA's and possible teams

Rate this topic

THE HOCKEYBUZZ CENTRAL TOP 40 UFA

1. Ilya Kovalchuk

Ana, NYI, NJ, Tor, LA

2. Sergei Gonchar

Atl, Edm, Dal, Ott, Phx, Pit

3. Patrick Marleau

Still playing. I won't report UFA Rumors involving players still competing for the Stanley Cup.

4. Anton Volchenkov

Dal, Edm, Ott, Pit

5. Tomas Plekanec

Still playing. I won't report UFA Rumors involving players still competing for the Stanley Cup.

6. Teemu Selanne

Ana, Retire

7. Paul Martin

Car, LA, NJ

8. Alex Frolov

Ana, Cbj, Mtl

9. Willie Mitchell

Ana, Car, Colorado, Was

10. Dan Hamhuis

Buf, Cgy

11. Alex Ponikarovski

Atl, Cgy, Cbj

12. Chris Mason

Phl, StL, TB, Was

13. Ray Whitney

Bos, Buf, Car

14. Zbynek Michalek

Fla, Phx

15. Matthew Lombardi

Ott, Phx, Tor

16. Pavol Demitra

Buf, NYR, Stl, Van

17. Evgeni Nabokov

18. Jose Theodore

Chi, NYI, StL, Was

19. Paul Kariya

Ana, Van

20. Bill Guerin

Clb, Pitt, StL

21. Marek Svatos

Col, Fla, Nas, Tor

22. Jere Lehtinen

Buf, Dal, Min, NJ

23. Rob Blake

24. Olli Jokinen

Atl, Bos, Fla, Nas, NYR, Pitt

25. Saku Koivu

Ana, LA, Mtl, Min, Pit

26. Tomas Holmstrom

Det, Mtl, Ott, Van

27. Sean O'Donnell

LA, NJ

28. Adam Burrish

29. Lee Stempniak

Bos, Car, Phx

30. Dan Ellis

NYI, Phl, StL, Was

31. Colby Armstrong

Ana, Atl, Phx, Pit, Van

32. Martin Biron

Buf, Chi, NJ, NYR

33. Dennis Seidenberg

Bos, Cgy, NYI, SJ

34. Kurtis Foster

Phx, StL, TB, Was

35. Henrik Tallinder

Atl, Buf, Col, LA, TB

36. Craig Conroy

Buf, Ott, Cgy

37. Andy Sutton

Car, Edm, NYI

38. Scott Parse

Ana, Dal, Det, LA, NJ

39. Brett Clarke

Atl, Buf, Col, Min

40. Kim Johnsson

Well crap...

I wanted a fun off season! Having a 1 out of 5 shot at Parse (no idea who this guy is) isn't the fun I was hoping for. But I guess deep down I knew not to expect much.

lol same but i guess it all depends on what we get Lids for to.

Scott Parse LA kings

5'11 197lbs

59GP 11G 13A

The good thing is..... Eklund is usually never right haha..... And he most likely will be right about the Holmstrom part, about us resigning him... so that means out of the other 39 he probably is wrong... So we have a shot at everyone except Parse lol

Quite a few safe bets in that bunch, so likely some will come true.

Given Eklund's track record, I wonder what would happen if he predicted that he was wrong? Would it create a paradox?

At any rate...it does wonder me how he picks Ott and Mtl for possible Homer destinations. Any reason there that I'm missing, or did it just come up on his dart board? Van I can see because he can rotate in on the Homely Swede line with Sammy and the twins and no one will notice. Det is obvious seeing as he belongs here.

Quite a few safe bets in that bunch, so likely some will come true.

Given Eklund's track record, I wonder what would happen if he predicted that he was wrong? Would it create a paradox?

At any rate...it does wonder me how he picks Ott and Mtl for possible Homer destinations. Any reason there that I'm missing, or did it just come up on his dart board? Van I can see because he can rotate in on the Homely Swede line with Sammy and the twins and no one will notice. Det is obvious seeing as he belongs here.

Same line of reasoning I guess that you demonstrated for VAN as a possible destination. Alfie is in OTT. I'm sure he'd love Homer to create space for him. MTL though... Yeah, I guess that one does sound like a dartboard guess.

Guest nutz2u

With Holland hoping and praying Lidstrom will sign a hometown discount for 6 MILLION and Hudler back @ 2.85 MILLION plus the URF and RFA to resign there won't be a lot left to bring in much of anything..

With Holland hoping and praying Lidstrom will sign a hometown discount for 6 MILLION and Hudler back @ 2.85 MILLION plus the URF and RFA to resign there won't be a lot left to bring in much of anything..

LOL hometown discount is only 1.45 mill ? he is coming back 1yr 2.5-4mill not 6

Guest nutz2u

LOL hometown discount is only 1.45 mill ? he is coming back 1yr 2.5-4mill not 6

In an article online in the Freep today Holland said he was hoping Lids would sign for 6M. I thought people were nuts thinking he would sign for 4 to 4.5 and here you are thinking it will be for 2.5 to 4.0. Dream on, no effin way they ask him to sign for less than Rafalski..

He came out and said he hoped to sign him for $6M?? Way to negotiate from a position of strength, Kenny. Even if Lids was thinking along the lines of 2.5 - 4 why would he settle for that when it is already out there that he might get 6??

In an article online in the Freep today Holland said he was hoping Lids would sign for 6M. I thought people were nuts thinking he would sign for 4 to 4.5 and here you are thinking it will be for 2.5 to 4.0. Dream on, no effin way they ask him to sign for less than Rafalski..

That's been the issue all along IMO. While Lidstrom is slowing down, he is still vastly superior to Rafalski defensively.

Guest nutz2u

He came out and said he hoped to sign him for $6M?? Way to negotiate from a position of strength, Kenny. Even if Lids was thinking along the lines of 2.5 - 4 why would he settle for that when it is already out there that he might get 6??

Yes, Holland said 6M. I don't know how to post links to articles or I would but if you go to freep.com the article is there under Red Wings. Broke my heart when I read it cuz even though I didn't think they would sign him for less than Rafalski I was hoping for 5M so the Wings would have some wiggle room. No reason for Lidstrom to go public with the fact that the kid enrolled in school in Sweden unless he was going to push for as much money as possible. I mean, what does that say, except hey Kenny look, "got the kid enrolled and color me gone unless I get what I want".

Guest nutz2u

That's been the issue all along IMO. While Lidstrom is slowing down, he is still vastly superior to Rafalski defensively.

Your right. When Rafalski got the contract things were rosey and the Cap was going up every year. Now 6M for him is about 2 to 3M too much and I think 5M would be a good number for Lidstrom at this point and that is a significant discount considering what some other defensemen in the league are getting. Personally I think Lidstrom's game would be better than it is if he didn't have Mr. Brainfart as his defensive partner..

Lidstrom has already said the only reason he has his son in school in Sweden is incase he does decide to retire so his son has a school to go to. He also said just because he is enrolled there doesnt mean he is done, and Rafalski is overpaid everyone knows this. The Wings cant win a cup with the team we had this year Lids knows that and by signing only 1.4mill cheaper he knows thats not going to help the team get back to where we were when we last won the Cup, so why even bother coming back for one more season if its not for a real shot at winning a Cup.

I love how Eklund says he won`t report rumours about players who are still in the playoffs... as if:

A) Anyone in the NHL actually reads his s***

B) Anyone with hockey knowledge puts even an ounce of faith in his bulls***

C) His posting those rumours could even tangentially affect the playoffs

So. Retarded.

Yes, Holland said 6M. I don't know how to post links to articles or I would but if you go to freep.com the article is there under Red Wings. Broke my heart when I read it cuz even though I didn't think they would sign him for less than Rafalski I was hoping for 5M so the Wings would have some wiggle room. No reason for Lidstrom to go public with the fact that the kid enrolled in school in Sweden unless he was going to push for as much money as possible. I mean, what does that say, except hey Kenny look, "got the kid enrolled and color me gone unless I get what I want".

Here's the link

The $6M figure is coming from Helene St.James. She may have insider info, but it's not a direct quote from Kenny, so there's still hope.