• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
king_malice

Eklund's top40 UFA's and possible teams

Rate this topic

lol same but i guess it all depends on what we get Lids for to.

Scott Parse LA kings

5'11 197lbs

59GP 11G 13A

Parse played in GR for a season. Interesting...

Lidstrom has already said the only reason he has his son in school in Sweden is incase he does decide to retire so his son has a school to go to. He also said just because he is enrolled there doesnt mean he is done, and Rafalski is overpaid everyone knows this. The Wings cant win a cup with the team we had this year Lids knows that and by signing only 1.4mill cheaper he knows thats not going to help the team get back to where we were when we last won the Cup, so why even bother coming back for one more season if its not for a real shot at winning a Cup.

Exactly what's the huge difference between this team and 07-08?

Goaltending, sure, but what else?

Lost Hudler, Drake and Samuelsson. Gained Ericsson, Miller, Bertuzzi.

I call that a tie.

Exactly what's the huge difference between this team and 07-08?

Goaltending, sure, but what else?

Lost Hudler, Drake and Samuelsson. Gained Ericsson, Miller, Bertuzzi.

I call that a tie.

Even if it is a tie, a tie isn't going to win us a cup. When other teams are improving, us remaining the same doesn't cut it. We need to improve also. Last off season was the perfect example of this. Teams like Chicago got better, while Detroit either stayed the same or went down a notch (depending on who you ask), but we sure didn't improve.

Do you seriously think that's what it is?

No theres no way we bring in Scott Parse. He's small and a softer style of player. Kenny wants to bring in someone whose tough to play against, and has tonnes of better options then Parse.

We already have bottom liners that don't provide a whole lot of anything, Parse is redundant.

In an article online in the Freep today Holland said he was hoping Lids would sign for 6M. I thought people were nuts thinking he would sign for 4 to 4.5 and here you are thinking it will be for 2.5 to 4.0. Dream on, no effin way they ask him to sign for less than Rafalski..

I can only assume you don`t remember a guy named Steve Yzerman.

Lost Kopecky,Samuelsson,Hudler,Hossa,Conklin ( 214 pts )

Got Eaves,Miller,Williams,Bertuzzi ( 100 pts )

far from even id say, all im saying is we lost alot of depth scoring and filled it with grinders, Bertuzzi is the exception because i think he had a great season for the Wings. Miller i like but i would not spend money on him again, Eaves did help our PK alot and would rather have him over Miller. I think the LAST thing we need to do is go out and get another 4th liner when we have guys like ( Eaves,Helm,Draper,Abby and Ritola coming up) we need a power forward or another scorer doesnt have to be a big name either. So the other thing i was saying if Lids only takes a 1.45Mill cut doesnt give us really anything to get some more depth so why would Lids even waste his time coming back unless its for a legit chance at winning one more Cup

and Dont think Lids doesnt know that they need more Depth scoring. So come back at 6mill and not be able to sign some more depth, or sign at 2.5-4mill get some more depth scoring and have a real chance at lifting the Cup one more time before retiring.

THIS....a guy can dream

I wish!

Flip for Lucic lol

Boston did come out today and say changes will happen, now would they be dumb enough to get rid of Lucic Probably not, but they are talking about a complete shift in playing style, Julien is rumored to be in trouble due to his lack of willingness to change his style up when it was apparent Phi had made necessary adjustments.

Bruins are a team of bad decisions, but I would still be very surprised to see Lucic gone!

I could see Bruins moving Lucic for the right price what the Bruins lack is a goal scorer they traded Kessel and didnt replace him, well the got Satan lol but if Lucic went it would be something say like Filppula and 1-3 picks id say, not saying this would happen but something along those lines it would be to get him.

I could see Bruins moving Lucic for the right price what the Bruins lack is a goal scorer they traded Kessel and didnt replace him, well the got Satan lol but if Lucic went it would be something say like Filppula and 1-3 picks id say, not saying this would happen but something along those lines it would be to get him.

Theyre going to replace him with Hall or Seguin this year actually.

Was only really just wishing here...For Val and some picks....

READ KENNY HOLLAND!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!! I can't go anymore psychomaniaccrazy on something!!

Power forward? I mean this guy is THE power forward to come. But can't see Boston letting him go really. But man oh man IF we could just make this one happen.

What about Afinogenov or Jokinen? For cheap, that could help us get more secondary scoring, since our defense (with lidstrom), goaltending, and primary scoring (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen) should be set.

I think he knows it's retirement or the Wings for Nick.

And the same couldn't be said of Holmstrom?

Besides, Eklund and the words 'he knows' don't go together until he's already read the TSN article he's getting ready to rip off.

We don't need more secondary scoring, nor do we need defense. What we do need is bottom 6 grit with a light scoring touch. a 15g/10-15a sort of guy that hits a lot and hard.

Edited by Datsyerberger

What about Afinogenov or Jokinen? For cheap, that could help us get more secondary scoring, since our defense (with lidstrom), goaltending, and primary scoring (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen) should be set.

Jokinen seems like a real gamble. the last few years he's been a journeyman and is no longer a youngster looking to break out (he's 31) and save a few seasons, seems to be very inconsistent and has next to no playoff experience.

I have actually tracked Eklunds predictions over the last few seasons. Almost NONE came true. They should pin this thread, and see what comes true, when it is all said and done.

And the same couldn't be said of Holmstrom?

Besides, Eklund and the words 'he knows' don't go together until he's already read the TSN article he's getting ready to rip off.

We don't need more secondary scoring, nor do we need defense. What we do need is bottom 6 grit with a light scoring touch. a 15g/10-15a sort of guy that hits a lot and hard.

We Defintly need secondary scoring but if we could find it in the form of a power forward thats a plus. Colby Armstrong would be perfect 6'2 190lbs defintly can put up points.