• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Correy Perry slashes and slew foots Vockun

Rate this topic

He slashed his stick and didn't slew foot him?

He bumped him a little and Vokouns flopping all over the place. Pathetic

I gotta say I'm with Newfy on this one. If anything Perry initiated a little contact with Vokoun, but he didn't get his foot behind him.

It would help to watch the video.

Hmm well slashing a stick to stop the goalie from shooting it happens all the time.

And it would help if you maybe knew what a slew foot was. Perry slightly bumped him key word being SLIGHTLY and Vokoun took a dive. Goalies do it all the time its alright, good job on Perry though it got Canada a goal. Vokoun picked a bad time to flop around.

lol at "flop around" "slight bump"

Team Canada, is as usual, full of sore losers, but it was a good play because a good ol Canadian fooker made it. :rolleyes:

Had it been made by a Czech against Mason, you would call for his head.

Vokoun did not expect any contact, Perry gave him a slash and a shoulder.

Refs blew this one big time, this should have been a minor penalty.

Fortunately, Canadians did not win anyways, and I hope they go back to Canada pretty soon thanks to Russia.

a better video:

Edited by Reds4Life

Team Canada, is as usual, full of sore losers, but it was a good play because a good ol Canadian fooker made it. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, Canadians did not win anyways, and I hope they go back to Canada pretty soon thanks to Russia.

a better video:

Watch that video. The slash is absolutely nothing at all. That play is made every single time a goalie goes to shoot a puck.

Sure there was some contact but hardly any at all. If anything it was because of Vokouns follow through and hitting Perry with the momentum from that that knocked him over.

And I really doubt Perry is that pissed that they lost to the Czechs when they are still moving on. Hell even if they get beat out next game I really doubt Perry's all that upset going home to an Olympic gold medal.

International refs always call the game tighter and there was a ref right there so if he doesn't call it, its not getting called in the NHL.

Oh and as for calling for his head, trust me if Mason did get ran and actually got ran, not slightly bumped and flopped around noone in Canada would call for his head because the canadian team would already have it. The toughest team in the world by far and skilled enough to win the olympic gold. Oh and Perry is better then anyone on the Czech team, even better then old washed up Jagr.

a better video:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wears a tinfoil hat IMO

Oh and as for calling for his head, trust me if Mason did get ran and actually got ran, not slightly bumped and flopped around noone in Canada would call for his head because the canadian team would already have it. The toughest team in the world by far and skilled enough to win the olympic gold. Oh and Perry is better then anyone on the Czech team, even better then old washed up Jagr.

So you agree that when your goalie is run like that, you go for the offender's nuts?

And what does Perry's skill level have to do with the topic of discussion? If that was Carcillo or Mike Grier or some other scrub, should that have been a penalty?

So you agree that when your goalie is run like that, you go for the offender's nuts?

And what does Perry's skill level have to do with the topic of discussion? If that was Carcillo or Mike Grier or some other scrub, should that have been a penalty?

Key part of his post is where it says '...and if Mason actually got ran."

If Mason flopped like Vokoun did the player would probably get a facewash or something.

I really don't see Vokoun diving at all. Perry had some speed and got a pretty good piece of him, should of been a penalty.

I agree 100%. Vokoun shouldn't have been touched at all. Even the TSN (that is Canadian)announcers thought it should have been a penalty, Definitely not a goal.

Hmm well slashing a stick to stop the goalie from shooting it happens all the time.

And it would help if you maybe knew what a slew foot was. Perry slightly bumped him key word being SLIGHTLY and Vokoun took a dive. Goalies do it all the time its alright, good job on Perry though it got Canada a goal. Vokoun picked a bad time to flop around.

I never said Perry slew footed him, so knowing what it is is irrelevant. Perry did initiate skate to skate contact, I think intentionally. To me, it's hard to say the goalie flopped. And Perry *did* slash him, you seem to agree with me. So...

Watch that video. The slash is absolutely nothing at all. That play is made every single time a goalie goes to shoot a puck.

Sure there was some contact but hardly any at all. If anything it was because of Vokouns follow through and hitting Perry with the momentum from that that knocked him over.

And I really doubt Perry is that pissed that they lost to the Czechs when they are still moving on. Hell even if they get beat out next game I really doubt Perry's all that upset going home to an Olympic gold medal.

International refs always call the game tighter and there was a ref right there so if he doesn't call it, its not getting called in the NHL.

Since you had to resort to emotional nationalism, I am going to think you *may* be a bit biased here.

I never said Perry slew footed him, so knowing what it is is irrelevant. Perry did initiate skate to skate contact, I think intentionally. To me, it's hard to say the goalie flopped. And Perry *did* slash him, you seem to agree with me. So...

Since you had to resort to emotional nationalism, I am going to think you *may* be a bit biased here.

Its not emotional nationalism. If someones gonna sit there and go on oh hes a good ol canadian fooker. I'm gong to make sure remind them that Perry is better then anyone on the ice for czechs and he was on the team that won the gold medal this year. Vokoun did definitely sell that, he didn't wipe out like that from an almost stopped Perry. He either fell because of his follow through on his shot had him all off balance or he was selling it.

Its not emotional nationalism. If someones gonna sit there and go on oh hes a good ol canadian fooker. I'm gong to make sure remind them that Perry is better then anyone on the ice for czechs and he was on the team that won the gold medal this year. Vokoun did definitely sell that, he didn't wipe out like that from an almost stopped Perry. He either fell because of his follow through on his shot had him all off balance or he was selling it.

I can't deny you were baited, but you clearly resorted to emotional nationalism… much like this post where you did the same thing, though not as bad.

And Perry wasn't 'almost stopped'. Seriously.

I can't deny you were baited, but you clearly resorted to emotional nationalism… much like this post where you did the same thing, though not as bad.

And Perry wasn't 'almost stopped'. Seriously.

Actually go back and watch it. Perry is stopped infront of Vokoun checking his stick and Vokouns momentum from shooting the puck kind of carried him into Perry. Obviously he was off balance but it looksl ike a sell too me.