• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

LOL at the Sharks

Rate this topic

Toews is cool, he has always seemed more mature then his age dictates, but the rest of the team (mostly) are a bunch of college frat boy pieces of crap always running thier mouths, I am not taking away from the talent on the team,they have a great group of incredibly talented players the problem is they know it, they just seem to lack respect for anyone, at least that is how they come across to me when i see them play.

Almost all of the Sharks fans I ran across last series were rude, hostile, childish, ignorant, uninformed, and possessed of an enormous case of homerism. They are the worst fans I've interacted with thus far in my hockey-watching career, eclipsing even Penguins and Blackhawks fans in how unpleasant they are to discuss anything with and in the sheer volume of unprovoked hostility I saw them issue towards Wings fans and the Red Wings in general. Further, they cheer for a team that is highly unsportsmanlike---the Sharks willingly and deliberately dive and embellish on a regular basis.

I'm glad to see them lose.

This is so true. I go to school in San Francisco, and of course this time of year the thousand of Sharks fans who tell me all year no one gives a S&$% about hockey come out the cuts and start talking crap like they are huge hockey fans. I went to game 5 in San Jose when the wings were eliminated. Their fans were extremely rude and hostile ( I even had a mom telling her 3 year old kid to punch me) they were border line physical. They are incompetent to the rules of hockey, and it made me laugh every time a shark player hit fell to hear the entire crowd booo as if there was a penalty. Being a wings fan in cali the last team I want to see win is the sharks. Especially the way they had to beat the wings last series it made me sick. I rather see a team win it the right way even if it is chicago.

Whatever... all fan bases have some sort of ranting.gif to them. Sharks fans are less informed, yes I will grant that. San Jose people don't even really care about having a team there. Chicago fans are plugeroos but are passionate (when they are winning) so that brings it back to being plugs. I am personally not LOL'ing or pissed the Sharks are losing. Its 2-0 and not done yet, kind of. Toews is a great Captain, probably one of the better leaders in the league but again because of sheer principle I cannot root for those dick cheeseburgers. So either way why care whats happening to Sharks and the Hawks have no real road block in the way to the Cup....Other than Hossa.

It's hard to watch these playoffs.

I don't want to see Kane win. Nor the Hawks because of old principle.

I don't want to see Pronger win because he's a ******.

I don't want to see meathead Joe win the cup either.

Montreal... I mean, 24 cups... Weak, man.

Oh well, at least the Pens are out.

Classic San Jose. Almost get knocked out by the ******* Avs without Hedjuk and Mueller, but then play there asses off to beat us (and if not for PP's and Jimmy in games not 5+6, they wouldnt have) and now they are getting totally outclassed by Chicago. Nabakovs diving all the over the crease just makes him look like an idiot when it isnt called, and a team with solid goaltending and a PK to speak of can beat San Jose. We didnt have it this year, but Chicago does. Wouldnt be surprised to see them swept to be honest.

Almost all of the Sharks fans I ran across last series were rude, hostile, childish, ignorant, uninformed, and possessed of an enormous case of homerism. They are the worst fans I've interacted with thus far in my hockey-watching career, eclipsing even Penguins and Blackhawks fans in how unpleasant they are to discuss anything with and in the sheer volume of unprovoked hostility I saw them issue towards Wings fans and the Red Wings in general. Further, they cheer for a team that is highly unsportsmanlike---the Sharks willingly and deliberately dive and embellish on a regular basis.

I'm glad to see them lose.

You must have not met too many other fan bases like you claim to think Sharks fans are that bad. Did you go to a game in the Tank? Try hitting Philly or Chitown with your Wings jersey on...

Most of the Sharks fans that post here are pretty nice and respectable - even during our series with them.

I actually kind of respect that they follow their team even though they come up short repeatedly.

I don't like a few of their players (Thornton ie) but I don't blame their fans for that.

I can't think of any reason to want the Hawks to win - like someone above pointed out - can't cheer for Hossa, Quenneville, Kane, and Co.

We should form a support group. My rooting for the Hawks is completely visceral. It is beyond comprehension or justification.

Can I join, too? I'm having the same conflicting thoughts as you guys...I like some of their players, especially Toews, like everybody said, but I can't stand some of their players, especially Kane, like everybody said, and even though I spend most of the year ragging on them, I think they really deserve to win more than the other 3 teams still in it. Help, I'm being torn in two here!

So question for all of you.... I know that all the media was saying the Sharks are no longer chokes cause they beat the wings and made it out of the second round.... but my question now is if the sharks get swept in this round... or lose in 5 what do you think the Sharks organization does....

In my mind that are still chokes.. they had a lot of help in the 2nd round and in the conference finals (if they do get swept) obviously still don't have it... Do you resign Nabby, do you start trading away big names, or did they perform well enough to keep them...? Just curious on everyone elses thoughts....

Right now Greiss is the only goaltender they have under contract. Based on the supposed $57.7m cap for next season, they have 6 forwards, 5 defensemen, and 1 goalie with about $21.5m left in cap space. They should be able to fill out their forwards and defense, including keeping Marleau, Pavelski, and Setoguchi, for about $16-17m. That doesn't leave them enough to sign a guy like Nabokov who would want way more than he deserves. But they can go out and sign a goaltender like Theodore or Biron for $2m-$2.5m and not really suffer much if any of a drop in performance. Nabokov is a very good goaltender, but San Jose would be better off using the $6-7m he will likely cost on making sure their skaters are as good or better than they are now and signing a solid goaltender like Theodore, Biron, Turco for less than $2.5m or even perhaps trying to trade for a young guy like Price or Schneider who makes more than $1m as a backup. Better forwards and defense than the current Sharks in front of Price, Theodore, or Biron is probably a better shot at the Cup than this year's Sharks.

Personally, I can't stomach the thought of Hossa, Kane and Quenneville winning the Cup.

I'd have preferred Montreal to any of the other three teams left but they're going to need to score a damned goal at some point.

Really? He's the only reason I'm rooting for Chicago. I want him to win just to spite the people who turned against him.

As for Montreal, I'd like them to make it to the Final, but I don't want a Canadian team to win it all. But with the way they're playing, they'll do neither.

Guest Crymson

1) The Shark's themselves have no control over who becomes a fan of their team.

2)A small sample size of fan's does not warrant generalizations

3)You act as if no one on the Wing's Roster has never dived. A few years ago Franzen was pretty bad.

4) A great deal of the hostility you speak of can also be said for you in the Game Chats, as you constantly asked if Sharksfan was happy and proud of a team of divers, as if he has any control over that.

lol @ the Negs. I can tell some people are still bitter

^^^^Trying too hard. Transparent, anyone?

Really? He's the only reason I'm rooting for Chicago. I want him to win just to spite the people who turned against him.

As for Montreal, I'd like them to make it to the Final, but I don't want a Canadian team to win it all. But with the way they're playing, they'll do neither.

Why would any Red Wings fan want Hossa to win a Cup? He tanked it last year in the finals and cost us one. He's bolted from team to team in search of a Cup winning team, but really wants to just go along for the ride. He cursed the Pens, the Wings, and now the Hawks?

Sorry, his performance last year still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth - he can go Cup-less as far as I'm concerned. If he wanted one so bad, he should have shown up when it really counted....

I really want Montreal to get their heads together and win. I want San Jose to be destroyed, and Philly to get their egotistical asses handed to them. I'm not really fond of the idea of Chicago winning, either. I hold out hope that Montreal can get it back together and win it.

Whatever... all fan bases have some sort of ranting.gif to them. Sharks fans are less informed, yes I will grant that. San Jose people don't even really care about having a team there. Chicago fans are plugeroos but are passionate (when they are winning) so that brings it back to being plugs. I am personally not LOL'ing or pissed the Sharks are losing. Its 2-0 and not done yet, kind of. Toews is a great Captain, probably one of the better leaders in the league but again because of sheer principle I cannot root for those dick cheeseburgers. So either way why care whats happening to Sharks and the Hawks have no real road block in the way to the Cup....Other than Hossa.

Really Shark fans don't care about the team? Is that why Shark fans fill up the arena 17 out of the 18 years? Look at the Oakland A's, 10,000 fans show up at their games. EVEN their minor league team is getting more fans than the Oakland A's. Personally, I wasn't that pissed that we lost game 2. The thing that made me pissed is how Versus always talked about the hawks. In game 2 first intermission 1. lets interview Ladd. 2. Lets talk about how the hawks are soo good. 3. Lets talk about how they have changed since last year. 4. Lets talk about how the Hawks can do even better in the second.5. Back to the game. Hawks= new pens. And why the eff is Eddie O. on versus in the series, when he works for the damn hawks.

And if the Sharks lose the series, i'm going for the flyers. I would rather root for Pronger rather than that s*** head carrot top Brian Campbell.

Really Shark fans don't care about the team? Is that why Shark fans fill up the arena 17 out of the 18 years? Look at the Oakland A's, 10,000 fans show up at their games. EVEN their minor league team is getting more fans than the Oakland A's. Personally, I wasn't that pissed that we lost game 2. The thing that made me pissed is how Versus always talked about the hawks. In game 2 first intermission 1. lets interview Ladd. 2. Lets talk about how the hawks are soo good. 3. Lets talk about how they have changed since last year. 4. Lets talk about how the Hawks can do even better in the second.5. Back to the game. Hawks= new pens. And why the eff is Eddie O. on versus in the series, when he works for the damn hawks.

And if the Sharks lose the series, i'm going for the flyers. I would rather root for Pronger rather than that s*** head carrot top Brian Campbell.

Umm you'll get no sympathy for that here!!. We deal with that EVERY TIME our team plays a out of market game and all we get is announcers other than our own..... Man up!

Yeah go tell that story to letsgocanucks or something... Not going to hang in here with any type of sympathy for ya on that one.

Chicago apparently is taking over for the Wings in the penalty department. SJ just scored on a 5 on 3 they got because the Hawks were playing hockey. *gasp* Sharks have had a disproportionate amount of 5 on 3s. They're not that good. They're not forcing teams to take penalties. What's the deal?

Hossa with another bucket of fail.

Standing in front of the net, the rebound comes to him while Nabokov is down and out. He miss handles the puck and SJ blocks his chance.