• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

LOL at the Sharks

Rate this topic

Uggg I know. Same here.

I can't believe there are Wings fans on here that say they want the Hawks to win. That's like saying you want the Avalanche to win.

I have to disagree here Drake. I like the Original 6 teams and if the Wings can't win it.. I always hope for a 6 team to win.. I guess I just like the history of the trophy going to a team with history. Just my opinion tho.

I don't feel bad at all.He'll be a ghost during the finals just like he has been the last 2 years.

He was a ghost in this series from an offensive standpoint.

So disappointed and empty right now. I had planned on typing out something substantial with many good points and questions about the offseason etc etc. I just can't do it right now. For those that wanted the Sharks out, enjoy. For those that didn't and hate the Hawks, sorry. Gonna go do...I dunno. Something. Or maybe I'll just mope around the internet like a moron for a few hours before I have to sleep for work. I've got nothing at this point.

My thoughts exactly.I'm starting to question some of these posters loyalty :scared:

What a ridiculous thing to say. I want the Hawks to win because I want it for my dad, not for myself. My dad doesn't have much to be happy about any more, so the little things matter to ME. If that means hoping the Hawks win so he has something to smile about, then so be it. I'm certainly not going to let some miscreants on a message board tell me I'm less of a fan or not even a fan, because I want a little happiness for someone who means a lot to me. Get the hell out of here with that nonsense.

So disappointed and empty right now. I had planned on typing out something substantial with many good points and questions about the offseason etc etc. I just can't do it right now. For those that wanted the Sharks out, enjoy. For those that didn't and hate the Hawks, sorry. Gonna go do...I dunno. Something. Or maybe I'll just mope around the internet like a moron for a few hours before I have to sleep for work. I've got nothing at this point.

Now you know how it feels to lose that game 7.

Now you know how it feels to lose that game 7.

That was a whole hell of alot worse. Losing in 1995, getting swept in the finals was defeating, losing by one goal to a team that came back from a 0-2 deficit and a 3-2 deficit to win it all in your own barn.......hate to bring back the pain, but; that sucked big time. I only hope we can get back there w/in the next decade.

That was a whole hell of alot worse. Losing in 1995, getting swept in the finals was defeating, losing by one goal to a team that came back from a 0-2 deficit and a 3-2 deficit to win it all in your own barn.......hate to bring back the pain, but; that sucked big time. I only hope we can get back there w/in the next decade.

Next year. Mark it down.

I now see that the Wings lost because of reffing, they let the game just play in both the WCF and ECF but in the Wings series every little ******* thing was being called.

NHL i am disappoint

Edited by Yak19

My thoughts exactly.I'm starting to question some of these posters loyalty scared.gif

Oh really you know the sordid ownership history of the Wings and the Black Hawks- really don't question anybody's loyalty here until you know the whole story. When did you start following the Wings in the early nineties the days of cream and Yzerman rising to the top. That's still newbie days to me; not your fault it is what it is. But really let people express what they want . Oh wow the Hawks finally win; after franchises like Colorado, Carolina and worse Anaheim; Tampa Bay - have won the Cup and one of the original six like Chicago and their fans haven't had it despite the 3 Halls Makita and 4000 years ;Christ even Orr ended his career their . Man, and your a Wings Fan- phewws don't get it.

I have to disagree here Drake. I like the Original 6 teams and if the Wings can't win it.. I always hope for a 6 team to win.. I guess I just like the history of the trophy going to a team with history. Just my opinion tho.

A Man with his heart in the right place - must be a Patriot.

Cmon Doc waiting for you!

Even though I'm a Wings fan, I'm still going for the Sharks because I enjoy the talent and team they have set up there. I don't care about the fanbase, and I really didn't want San Jose or Philadelphia (hate their goonish players) winning the cup.

What a ridiculous thing to say. I want the Hawks to win because I want it for my dad, not for myself. My dad doesn't have much to be happy about any more, so the little things matter to ME. If that means hoping the Hawks win so he has something to smile about, then so be it. I'm certainly not going to let some miscreants on a message board tell me I'm less of a fan or not even a fan, because I want a little happiness for someone who means a lot to me. Get the hell out of here with that nonsense.

So eleguently put - power to you.

I can't imagine heads not rolling in San Jose this offseason at this point. Chicago has a good team and all, but not so good that SJ couldn't win a single game against them in playoff hockey. I will be very curious to see who will go, and how far into the organization it will go. Ownership cannot be happy with this lack of performance (when it matters most!) as usual.

I really thought this was their best opportunity to win with the team they've got. The Wings didn't bring it this post-season and they passed that test - one they usually fail. All they had to do was compete to their talent and capability against a young Hawks team with an inexperienced goalie - and they had home ice thanks to us on the last day of the season. They also had waiting for them a low East seed team - not Pitt, not the Caps.

I'm convinced that team will never win with any of those players. No excuses for losing - even if the Hawks are a great team - they aren't better than SJ on paper - and SJ has alot more PO experience.

Can't say I want the Hawks to win the Cup but I'd rather the West win it than a second tier East team. Hossa is doing his usual offensive disappearing act in the POs - yet he might get lucky and ride his way to the Cup this time. Some good post-season hockey by the Flyers, but the East is just not as a good of a conference by far. In fact, I'm still embarrassed the Wings choked the Cup away to the East last year. :angry:

Uggg I know. Same here.

I can't believe there are Wings fans on here that say they want the Hawks to win. That's like saying you want the Avalanche to win.

Absolutely agree. I don't see how any Red Wings fan can even think about rooting for the Chicago Blackhawks and their obnoxious, bandwagon fanbase.

I thought watching Anaheim and Pittsburgh win it all was bad, but Chicago would be the worst of all for me. I hate that franchise - although they basically do everything now the way the Red Wings do, so the Hawks' success is pretty much a credit to the Wings' organization. Sadly, I don't think the Flyers stand a chance against the Blackhawks so I am preparing for the worst.

I'm sorry, Hawk fans don't deserve a cup. THeir all mostly band wagoners. Only the true ones, which is what? 30 percent of the Hawk fans. All they do is trash talk and don't know crap about hockey. How bout them years in 2000-2006 where you had 10,000 fans show up to home games. And they couldn't even SHOW THE DAMN HOCKEY GAME on Television. Sorry, not rooting for the hawks, their fan base is like the New York Yankees fanbase. And I can't see Happy Giggdy Kane lifting up the cup and he thinks he's the s*** everytime he touches the puck. And I can't see Red head Carrot head lifting the cup.

Most Shark fans are, I'm scared for this offseason. I'm scared that Marleau will leave, i'm scared if Nabokov is gone, he will bite us in the ass for years to come, like Kipper did in 04. And Heatley is a effing joke this playoffs, he came to San Jose to score those dirty goals in the playoffs, he only scored 2 goals and showed no hustle or heart, every other Shark showed determination and heart. Why can't effing Heatley?

We need to reamp our D, and if Nabokov doesn't play for us next year, we just need a goaltender for a few years, then Stalock will come in. I know its dissapointing, but we made it far and we showed signs that we will be back next year. It seems like we finally know what it takes to come this far, keep the core together, and we shall be back next year. We haven't made the conference finals since 2004, be proud of this team, what it has accomplished. They gave it their all, thats all we can ask for.

I really thought this was their best opportunity to win with the team they've got. The Wings didn't bring it this post-season and they passed that test - one they usually fail. All they had to do was compete to their talent and capability against a young Hawks team with an inexperienced goalie - and they had home ice thanks to us on the last day of the season. They also had waiting for them a low East seed team - not Pitt, not the Caps.

I'm convinced that team will never win with any of those players. No excuses for losing - even if the Hawks are a great team - they aren't better than SJ on paper - and SJ has alot more PO experience.

Can't say I want the Hawks to win the Cup but I'd rather the West win it than a second tier East team. Hossa is doing his usual offensive disappearing act in the POs - yet he might get lucky and ride his way to the Cup this time. Some good post-season hockey by the Flyers, but the East is just not as a good of a conference by far. In fact, I'm still embarrassed the Wings choked the Cup away to the East last year. :angry:

I kind of disagree, i think the hawks are better on paper. They ahve tons of more speed than the Sharks. THe Sharks are a dump and chase kind of team and cycling kind of team, with our big bodies. The Hawks have great puck moving D men and shut down D men. The Sharks D only has Boyle, and Vlasic and Murray. Boyle- good all around D men.

Murray- just hits

Vlasic- hits like a girl but is good positionally.

The Hawks exploited the Sharks D very good. We always had trouble with speed. And how versus said it the Hawks are America's team now.

Thats why I want the Sharks to get another Shut down D men aka mitchell and a puck moving defensemen aka Hamnuis. We will have cap space, if we don't resign Nabokov.

Eh, Niemi played solid. The Sharks helped out allot in that category by shooting at his chest the whole game.

i'm scared if Nabokov is gone, he will bite us in the ass for years to come, like Kipper did in 04.

Well, I don't think that's going to happen. He's going to be 35 next season, which of course doesn't mean he's going to suddenly become useless but he probably only has a couple seasons of quality hockey left in him. And his reputation for fading in big games will probably hurt him too. He had the chance to do some really great things this season -- starter on a stacked Olympic roster, only to get obliterated by archrival Canada; getting the conference finals and having a shot at the Cup, only to be swept -- but didn't end up accomplishing anything.

I mean, a goalie that regularly plays 60-70 games and wins 30-40 of them is going to receive interest from some team that needs goaltending help, but it's not really the same thing as Kiprusoff, who was a virtual unknown before having his great '04 run (although having since receded into mediocrity without winning anything of importance, so take heart in that). Nabokov is a known quantity and it's not all that great.

You know what, I'm tired of hearing about how so and so's fan base are all a bunch of bandwagoners. Yeah, you're right, they are. It happens. It happens in every darn town with a sports team across America at some point. Whenever a team gets it together and starts doing a lot better than they had before, what do you expect? Of course people are going to get a lot more interested! Not everyone's a die-hard fan, and you know what, I think that's okay. Living and dying by a sports team is not for everyone. And if you just want to go and enjoy a game every now and then, then you have a right to do it.

I mean, I understand if you're a Wings fan in Chicago and are arse-tired of hearing the taunting - I'm a Wings fan in Ducks Land, so trust me, I know. I just don't think it's fair to blame it on bandwagoners...anyone can be an a-hole. And does anybody think Detroit shouldn't have won the Cup in, say, '98 because there were too many bandwagoners at that point, and therefore the team didn't deserve it? I wouldn't want anybody to say that, that's for sure, and I don't think it's fair to insult true Hawks fans who aren't jerks and love hockey (however many or few of them there might be) and deny them a chance at seeing their team win a Cup.

I also don't think it's fair to the players, who have worked hard all year (except when we beat them, hehe), even if I personally can't stand some of them. I may not like them, but I can't say they're crappy players. Call me a traitor - I don't really care, but I just can't have overly sour grapes toward a team who has proved they deserve to be in the Finals. I mean, I have somewhat sour grapes because we're out and they're still in, and usually I'm as big a Hawks-minus-Toews hater as anybody else, but I cannot say they don't deserve to be where they are, so my sour grapes are only at a medium level.

Even though I'm a Wings fan, I'm still going for the Sharks because I enjoy the talent and team they have set up there. I don't care about the fanbase, and I really didn't want San Jose or Philadelphia (hate their goonish players) winning the cup.

Ummm, you are aware that the Sharks got swept and thus are no longer in the playoffs, right?

Ummm, you are aware that the Sharks got swept and thus are no longer in the playoffs, right?

I like how this thread was made after we lost to the sharks, so whats worse the chokers choking, or us loosing to the chokers? Its just like when alexander semin was in that slap fight and won, what is more pathetic, the man doing the slapping, or the guy who got his ass kicked by such a tactic?

Edited by Puckpossession

Should the Sharks blow it up and rebuild through the draft? Personally I think so, Thornton definitively is not a #1 guy.

Though it was an embarassing showing, they did make it to the WCF so I don't see them blowing up the team. Personally, I think they probably should since the third round is more likely their ceiling but I'd expect they'll give it one more year and no Cup finals will really solidify it.

Part of me wants Chicago to win just so we don't have to keep hearing about your dad every other post... nah, GO FLYERS!