• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#221 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

LOL. Kane "punches a cab driver". And everyone flips their s***. Heatley kills a teammate with asinine driving and no one cares.

Speak for yourself. I've been on the record here more than once stating Heatley should still be prison.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#222 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

Because the Lions, Pistons and Tigers are world beaters.

Thanks, troll.

Edited by Octopus's Garden, 23 May 2010 - 05:29 PM.

#223 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hopefully the hawks end up with the same problems detroit had after the cup win with having to release some players due to cap problems

the hawks will be in deep s***. according to capgeek, they will be $800,000 over the cap, with only 14 players signed. lol. Edmonton might be getting some free players this offseason.

#224 FIBS

FIBS

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

Speak for yourself. I've been on the record here more than once stating Heatley should still be prison.

I've seen no one bash Heatley. All the focus is on '20 cent'. LOL epic fail. (Not speaking directly to you.)

#225 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

I've seen no one bash Heatley. All the focus is on '20 cent'. LOL epic fail. (Not speaking directly to you.)

In the two years I've been here, there's been maybe half a dozen threads about it and inevitably whenever his name comes up in any other thread, discussion turns to it. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's never been here, just so you know.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#226 pockets

pockets

Pockets Smash

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

GMR you're rigt we didnt deserve to win cuz we didnt overcome the adversity but i do see what Crymson is saying even with all the 5-3 pps and other bounces and calls Sharks got they only won each game by 1 goal so the series wasnt as lopsided as it seems and had the wings played even slightly better i think we could have at least gone to 6 or 7 games. BUT if the wings were as great as some ppl say we wouldnt have lost

#227 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

the hawks will be in deep s***. according to capgeek, they will be $800,000 over the cap, with only 14 players signed. lol. Edmonton might be getting some free players this offseason.

But will it be worth it if they win the cup?

Sharks got what they deserved. They didn't beat the Wings based on skill, they cheated and played gutless, and it all blew up in their faces.

Despite being from Chicago, I don't have a huge problem with the Hawks, but go Philly the rest of the way.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#228 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

More focus is on 20 cent cause 20 cent not only plays for the bitter O6 rival of the Red Wings but also because his happened relatively recently.

Heatley still has been berated for his actions numerous times.

Posted Image

#229 FIBS

FIBS

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

fair enough

#230 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

blackhawks problems > red wings

red wings fans > hawks

forever!!

Posted Image

#231 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

Suckers got swept.

#232 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

Just sucks how the Sharks were "easily" taken out by the Hawks.. Wings were in the Sharks' spot last year and it only took 5 games to beat Chicago.. Still stings!!
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#233 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Sharks had a good season. I'm not that depressed like I have been in recent years. We played 100 percent, all the games were close execpt for game 2. My main concerns who stays? Marleau or Nabokov? Marleau will demand lots of money, 6-7 million. WIll he stay here or go on the market and go to LA or Calgary? If we do sign Marleau, Will Nabokov give us a hometown discount. I can't see Nabokov or Marleau in a diffrent jersey. THey've been in this franchise since they were 18. I still am digusted at versus biased for the hawks.

I want the Sharks to get better D. Our D sucks so much ass. I want the WIlson to sign Hamnuis or Volenchenkov, or Michalek on D. Lots of decisions for Mr. WIlson. His biggest offseason yet.
]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#234 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,827 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

Based on what we've seen in these playoffs, the Sharks no longer need a big name goalie.

Nabokov has to go, where they can replace him with nobody Thomas Greiss. Just look at Halak, Leighton and Niemi.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#235 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

Sharks had a good season. I'm not that depressed like I have been in recent years. We played 100 percent, all the games were close execpt for game 2. My main concerns who stays? Marleau or Nabokov? Marleau will demand lots of money, 6-7 million. WIll he stay here or go on the market and go to LA or Calgary? If we do sign Marleau, Will Nabokov give us a hometown discount. I can't see Nabokov or Marleau in a diffrent jersey. THey've been in this franchise since they were 18. I still am digusted at versus biased for the hawks.

I want the Sharks to get better D. Our D sucks so much ass. I want the WIlson to sign Hamnuis or Volenchenkov, or Michalek on D. Lots of decisions for Mr. WIlson. His biggest offseason yet.

I am not sure that I would want Nabakov to stay. Actually I know I would not. Nabakov was the reason you lost, and not just this post season.
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#236 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

Based on what we've seen in these playoffs, the Sharks no longer need a big name goalie.

Nabokov has to go, where they can replace him with nobody Thomas Greiss. Just look at Halak, Leighton and Niemi.

Well, I don't think Greiss is the answer. Nabokov played good in the playoffs but not Great. We might need him for one more year, there is this young goalie named Stalock in our series, that is our future for goaltending or there is Sex smith.

There is Turco, Thomas, halak\price, Theodore on the market. We have to keep Nabokov or Marleau one of the two at least. Both would be nice since they have been in San Jose for their whole career.

But in a few years, Stalock will be our starting goalie for years to come.

I am not sure that I would want Nabakov to stay. Actually I know I would not. Nabakov was the reason you lost, and not just this post season.

I dont think the reason why we lost was Nabokov. I thought the reason why we lost is because we don't have the speed of the hawks. We didn't get secondary scoring, our D had lapses. Like I said I would like Hamhuis or Michalek or Volenchenkov coming here. And letting Blake, Huskins and Wallin gone.

Sharks in 2010?!

#237 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

I am thinking Marleau may go elsewhere. I think he has been treated pretty unfairly. Yes he has made 6.3 a year, but the media has really portrayed him having lack of leadership, and clutch play. He proved he is clutch this post season. San Jose fell into that media hype that surrounded the guy, and took the C, which had to be somewhat of a mental stress he had to endure there. I would say thanks, and go hit the market. Start over fresh elsewhere.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#238 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

Well, I don't think Greiss is the answer. Nabokov played good in the playoffs but not Great. We might need him for one more year, there is this young goalie named Stalock in our series, that is our future for goaltending or there is Sex smith.

There is Turco, Thomas, halak\price, Theodore on the market. We have to keep Nabokov or Marleau one of the two at least. Both would be nice since they have been in San Jose for their whole career.

But in a few years, Stalock will be our starting goalie for years to come.

I dont think the reason why we lost was Nabokov. I thought the reason why we lost is because we don't have the speed of the hawks. We didn't get secondary scoring, our D had lapses. Like I said I would like Hamhuis or Michalek or Volenchenkov coming here. And letting Blake, Huskins and Wallin gone.

I could not disagree more. He let in at least one awful goal per game. He is a veteran goalie and goaltending like his will never win a Cup.
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#239 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

I am thinking Marleau may go elsewhere. I think he has been treated pretty unfairly. Yes he has made 6.3 a year, but the media has really portrayed him having lack of leadership, and clutch play. He proved he is clutch this post season. San Jose fell into that media hype that surrounded the guy, and took the C, which had to be somewhat of a mental stress he had to endure there. I would say thanks, and go hit the market. Start over fresh elsewhere.

One of our media guys said that, that he may want to start afresh. If he does go, He will mostly go to LA. San Jose fans want him here still, But Marleau will demand 7 mill. He might have a home town discount, but I doubt it this time around.

I could not disagree more. He let in at least one awful goal per game. He is a veteran goalie and goaltending like his will never win a Cup.

He did let a soft goal every game. But does it help that we can't score 2 goals per game in the WCF?

Sharks in 2010?!

#240 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:42 PM

One of our media guys said that, that he may want to start afresh. If he does go, He will mostly go to LA. San Jose fans want him here still, But Marleau will demand 7 mill. He might have a home town discount, but I doubt it this time around.

He did let a soft goal every game. But does it help that we can't score 2 goals per game in the WCF?

Your right it is a team effort but when you let in a softie it can deflate a team quick. Just look at the Wings for an example it happened to us a couple times. I am not saying Nabs is not a good goalie he just cannot make it happen on the big stage.
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!