• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

LOL at the Sharks

Rate this topic

So question for all of you.... I know that all the media was saying the Sharks are no longer chokes cause they beat the wings and made it out of the second round.... but my question now is if the sharks get swept in this round... or lose in 5 what do you think the Sharks organization does....

In my mind that are still chokes.. they had a lot of help in the 2nd round and in the conference finals (if they do get swept) obviously still don't have it... Do you resign Nabby, do you start trading away big names, or did they perform well enough to keep them...? Just curious on everyone elses thoughts....

i am beginning to think if the Wings didnt put themselves in the position to take so many penalties, we would have won the series. We made it easy for the sharks to look so dominant and impressive since we were shorthanded like 20% of the time. and just because they beat us by scoring on 5 on 3s and converting a few of their multiple power plays the media decided they no longer choked. But in the famous words of Denny green, the sharks are still who we thought they were.

Chicago is playing smarter than the wings did and not putting themselves in a position where SJ can get powerplays by falling over sticks, and we see the difference. did you see how Nabokov tried to get a goalie interference call on the Hawk's 4th goal by coming way out of his crease and making contact with Brouwer? its just laughable.

and don't get me started on Thornton, that was such a cheap shot and punk move slashing bolland on the wrist. That should have been a misconduct.

I wish the refs let as much go in the Wings series as they are in this one.

Like im going to have to watch the Hawks win the Cup or Ville Lame-o

Go Flyers... i guess

20gjxmu.jpg

i am beginning to think if the Wings didnt put themselves in the position to take so many penalties, we would have won the series. We made it easy for the sharks to look so dominant and impressive since we were shorthanded like 20% of the time. and just because they beat us by scoring on 5 on 3s and converting a few of their multiple power plays the media decided they no longer choked. But in the famous words of Denny green, the sharks are still who we thought they were.

Chicago is playing smarter than the wings did and not putting themselves in a position where SJ can get powerplays by falling over sticks, and we see the difference. did you see how Nabokov tried to get a goalie interference call on the Hawk's 4th goal by coming way out of his crease and making contact with Brouwer? its just laughable.

and don't get me started on Thornton, that was such a cheap shot and punk move slashing bolland on the wrist. That should have been a misconduct.

I don't know if it was that the Wings put themselves in that position, more so than the refs are catching on to what the Sharks are doing and they aren't getting the calls.

While the Wings-Sharks series was going on I said, what the Sharks are doing is only going to help them win short term. They didn't beat the Wings by skill, it was from diving around, and now it's comeback to haunt them.

Edit: I hope the Hawks sweep 'em!

Edited by Barrie

It is kind of embarassing that the Sharks are getting manhandled, yet they got lucky in beating Detroit. Just enhances my "paranoid" belief that with half decent refs the Wings would have taken that series.

Yeah, I saw a few Nabby and Setoguchi bulls*** embellishments which were completely ignored. Now that the s*** storm of protest from the fan base is forcing the refs to allow them to play, the sharks number is up.

A Sharks vs MTL/PHI final would be perfect, it wouldn't matter to me who won, I like all 3 teams... But if the Hawks win then it will actually matter to me (go East) so I'm hoping the Sharks can get their act together and take 4 of the next 5

I don't know if it was that the Wings put themselves in that position, more so than the refs are catching on to what the Sharks are doing and they aren't getting the calls.

While the Wings-Sharks series was going on I said, what the Sharks are doing is only going to help them win short term. They didn't beat the Wings by skill, it was from diving around, and now it's comeback to haunt them.

Edit: I hope the Hawks sweep 'em!

While I totally agree, Chicago is a very talented team despite Quenville. I can't stand that ****** Maquire, but he's correct in that SJ can't skate with the hawks. Chicago looks like the wings used to when every line and every D pairing out there was better than the other teams. For them 20 years of sucking and the Wirtz ownership will be culminated by this year. Its just too bad they didn't have to go thru the wings to get it. I really wanted a re-match this year, but thems the breaks.

So question for all of you.... I know that all the media was saying the Sharks are no longer chokes cause they beat the wings and made it out of the second round.... but my question now is if the sharks get swept in this round... or lose in 5 what do you think the Sharks organization does....

In my mind that are still chokes.. they had a lot of help in the 2nd round and in the conference finals (if they do get swept) obviously still don't have it... Do you resign Nabby, do you start trading away big names, or did they perform well enough to keep them...? Just curious on everyone elses thoughts....

I've said it multiple times: Nabakov is the biggest playoff choke goalie since Eddie Belfour.

Considering Chicago is like my second team, I'd want them to win... But wouldn't fans in general want San Jose to win it all? So you could say "at least my team lost to the cup champs."

Guest Crymson

Almost all of the Sharks fans I ran across last series were rude, hostile, childish, ignorant, uninformed, and possessed of an enormous case of homerism. They are the worst fans I've interacted with thus far in my hockey-watching career, eclipsing even Penguins and Blackhawks fans in how unpleasant they are to discuss anything with and in the sheer volume of unprovoked hostility I saw them issue towards Wings fans and the Red Wings in general. Further, they cheer for a team that is highly unsportsmanlike---the Sharks willingly and deliberately dive and embellish on a regular basis.

I'm glad to see them lose.

The Sharks have met their quota for the season.

They didn't choke in the 1st round and got past the 2nd round as well, beating the Wings. Their fans and team are already satisfied and are playing like it.

Chicago on the other hand got to the semis last year and lost. For them this season was Cup or bust, and this team was playing with that pressure and expectation all season. They clearly look more hungry and have set their goals higher.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Personally, I can't stomach the thought of Hossa, Kane and Quenneville winning the Cup.

I'd have preferred Montreal to any of the other three teams left but they're going to need to score a damned goal at some point.

Really?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Almost all of the Sharks fans I ran across last series were rude, hostile, childish, ignorant, uninformed, and possessed of an enormous case of homerism. They are the worst fans I've interacted with thus far in my hockey-watching career, eclipsing even Penguins and Blackhawks fans in how unpleasant they are to discuss anything with and in the sheer volume of unprovoked hostility I saw them issue towards Wings fans and the Red Wings in general. Further, they cheer for a team that is highly unsportsmanlike---the Sharks willingly and deliberately dive and embellish on a regular basis.

1) The Shark's themselves have no control over who becomes a fan of their team.

2)A small sample size of fan's does not warrant generalizations

3)You act as if no one on the Wing's Roster has never dived. A few years ago Franzen was pretty bad.

4) A great deal of the hostility you speak of can also be said for you in the Game Chats, as you constantly asked if Sharksfan was happy and proud of a team of divers, as if he has any control over that.

lol @ the Negs. I can tell some people are still bitter

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

You kidding me? They were like angels compared to those morons.

goin for flyers, san jose never deserved to beat us and chicago is a bunch of punks, I think it is funny how when we got Hossa last year everyone went off about how we were buying a cup and didnt deserve to win a cup, and chicago does it and they are just a great team building a franchise the right way

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Looks like the Sharks of old are back.

Or they are vsing a team who actually plays 60 minutes and aren't getting ridiculous non-calls.

I can't believe I am saying this but I find myself actually rooting for Chicago. Going into the playoffs I wanted anyone but Chicago to win the west but the more I watch them the more I respect them. I am especially impressed with Toews, he has become one of my favorite non red wings.