• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

LOL at the Sharks

Rate this topic

The Hawks are the only team remaining that had realistic pressure on them to win the Cup this season.

Also, they got to the semis last year and lost. Thus, they were obviously going to be hungrier this season. San Jose is content with just being here. Montreal/Philly will be the same way once they get to the Finals.

It's going to take a major kind of choke for Chicago not to win the Cup this year.

?

Chicago lost in the conference finals to us.

Guest Crymson

The Hawks are the only team remaining that had realistic pressure on them to win the Cup this season.

Also, they got to the semis last year and lost. Thus, they were obviously going to be hungrier this season. San Jose is content with just being here. Montreal/Philly will be the same way once they get to the Finals.

It's going to take a major kind of choke for Chicago not to win the Cup this year.

San Jose is most certainly NOT content to simply be in the conference finals. Just in case you hadn't noticed, they've for the last four seasons been favorites to either make the finals or win the Cup, and they've never delivered. They've got lots of pressure on them. If they go down in four in this series, heads will roll.

San Jose is most certainly NOT content to simply be in the conference finals. Just in case you hadn't noticed, they've for the last four seasons been favorites to either make the finals or win the Cup, and they've never delivered. They've got lots of pressure on them. If they go down in four in this series, heads will roll.

If heads didn't roll last year, what makes you think they will now after making it 2 rounds further?

I think most hockey people favored Chicago to beat them this series.

The boy cried wolf too many times for San Jose to be favored. And they are playing like they're content just to be here.

Edited by GMRwings1983

No, that was the quarterfinals.

Semis means 4 teams traditionally in sports. Quarterfinals means 8 teams. NHL just calls the quareterfinals the Conference Semis. Boo-hoo.

For clarification purposes you probably would want to keep it to how the league does it.

Just sayin.

Guest Crymson

If heads didn't roll last year, what makes you think they will now after making it 2 rounds further?

I think most hockey people favored Chicago to beat them this series.

The boy cried wolf too many times for San Jose to be favored. And they are playing like they're content just to be here.

They're the #1 overall seed once again. If this team can't win the Cup, we'll see changes.

As much as i hate Byfuglien when the Wings play them, i do enjoy his celebration after the goal which he did a couple times these playoffs. I like players that enjoy the game and show it, adds a little more entertainment value imo, i couldn't help but smile when he did it.

There certainly are a lot of misconceptions about SJ or maybe it's just venting...not sure. I'll be happy to field any questions in case there's any confusion. At least we can change the conspiracy theories from "Bettman/NHL wants the Sharks to win and have another one of his coveted expansions to succeed" to "The NHL just wanted the wings to lose, and now that they're out they don't care about the Sharks".

This has been a very good series between two very talented teams. Chicago has converted on their opportunities better than SJ and Niemi is outplaying Nabby. That's the difference.

Lol @ someone saying that Sharks fans have been complaining about officiating. I haven't heard any from where I'm at and where I read, and I'd be willing to wager that I see a lot more stuff on the Sharks than most people.

Bigger lol @ someone saying San Jose people don't care. The Sharks are the only major professional sports team San Jose has. The city is all about the Sharks. They were all about the Sharks when they stank up the place. The city supports that team like few cities can. I'm not saying it's the top of the heap, but as far as unified city support, it's way up there. 10th largest city in the US by population and 1 major pro team? Yeah it will have a f***ton of people that care. That's an industry term...it means a lot.

I actually think this series and the 2nd round series between the Wings and Sharks are pretty similar. I don't think that the Sharks outplayed the wings by much in the series, and yet they converted on chances and got the breaks and were up 3-0 in the series despite it being close. Chicago has not carried the majority of play yet they are up 3-0. Chicago was clearly the better team in game 2, but game 1 was very close and game 3 I think the Sharks carried a much larger portion of the play and still lost.

I will not give up on them until it is actually over. Will they come back and win the series? Probably not, but there's always a chance. They can't win 4 at once, they can only win game 4 on Sunday. If they can do that much (and I don't think anyone would argue that they have a 0% chance of doing that), then they will get a game 5 at home where I'll be yelling till I lose my voice. Finally take that one at home and then the song will carry a different tune.

I'll be working all through the weekend and trying to hit up a couple bbqs and parties so I apologize if I can't follow up on the thread or reply for a while.

dont know if this has been said yet thru tha playoffs up to game 3 in th WCF sharks pp advanatge 69-34 (or so i think might be off 3 am tired bad math skills)

Looks like SJ saved their choking for a more crucial round, too bad it had to be against Chicago. The NHL will definitely enjoy marketing a Chicago/Philly or Chicago/Montreal match-up more than SJ anyway.

Question: Are the Hawks really this good or are the Wings really that bad?

The Wings lost 4 games to the Sharks all by 1 goal. In 2 of those 4 the Sharks scored either the tying or winning goal while on a 5 on 3. The Sharks never had the lead going into the 3rd period. The Sharks got the breaks, the Wings didn't. Are the Sharks better? Not IMO.

The Sharks won games 1 and 2 at home courtesy of 5 on 3's. The Wings gave away game 3 when Howard let in the tying goal at the end of regulation and Lids broke his stick in the OT. Game 4 was an absolute beat-down by the Wings. Game 5 the Sharks won by 1 goal after being tied going into the 3rd. The series could easily have gone eitehr way.

The Sharks aren't choking, the Hawks are just a better team. They have the speed that the Sharks can't keep up with, even though they did a pretty good job at it yesterday. And I agree with Supafly about the no one cares about the Sharks. If you go to San Jose right now, you will see 80 percent of the population wearing Shark jerseys.

Overtime goal= not Nabokov's fault, that was Heatley's man, he lost him somehow, he was brought in to score goals, he has only score freaking effing 2 goals these playoffs. I dont' know whats wrong with him, injured or not.

Shark fans aren't complaining about the reffing, I don't know why we would complain about the reffing. THe only thing that we have complained is when versus\nbc orgasms about the hawks second after second. This is the first time since I have watched sports to mute a intermission, thats how biased it has been.

I can tell when Marleau scores, they're like mehhh, whatever they scored. When the hawks score, YEAHHHHHHHH OUR TEAMMMM SCOREEEEDDDDDDD. Bias much, i think so.

The Sharks aren't choking, the Hawks are just a better team. They have the speed that the Sharks can't keep up with, even though they did a pretty good job at it yesterday. And I agree with Supafly about the no one cares about the Sharks. If you go to San Jose right now, you will see 80 percent of the population wearing Shark jerseys.

Overtime goal= not Nabokov's fault, that was Heatley's man, he lost him somehow, he was brought in to score goals, he has only score freaking effing 2 goals these playoffs. I dont' know whats wrong with him, injured or not.

Shark fans aren't complaining about the reffing, I don't know why we would complain about the reffing. THe only thing that we have complained is when versus\nbc orgasms about the hawks second after second. This is the first time since I have watched sports to mute a intermission, thats how biased it has been.

I can tell when Marleau scores, they're like mehhh, whatever they scored. When the hawks score, YEAHHHHHHHH OUR TEAMMMM SCOREEEEDDDDDDD. Bias much, i think so.

Everyone is biased, it sucks.

Wings sucked, sharks are sucking and the hawks will suck.

Refs and their reffing sucks.

nbc/vs sucks.

Upsets suck.

West sucks.

East sucks.

I think I just about covered the 2010 Stanley cup playoffs thus far?