• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#141 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

As much as i hate Byfuglien when the Wings play them, i do enjoy his celebration after the goal which he did a couple times these playoffs. I like players that enjoy the game and show it, adds a little more entertainment value imo, i couldn't help but smile when he did it.

#142 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:49 AM

There certainly are a lot of misconceptions about SJ or maybe it's just venting...not sure. I'll be happy to field any questions in case there's any confusion. At least we can change the conspiracy theories from "Bettman/NHL wants the Sharks to win and have another one of his coveted expansions to succeed" to "The NHL just wanted the wings to lose, and now that they're out they don't care about the Sharks".

This has been a very good series between two very talented teams. Chicago has converted on their opportunities better than SJ and Niemi is outplaying Nabby. That's the difference.

Lol @ someone saying that Sharks fans have been complaining about officiating. I haven't heard any from where I'm at and where I read, and I'd be willing to wager that I see a lot more stuff on the Sharks than most people.

Bigger lol @ someone saying San Jose people don't care. The Sharks are the only major professional sports team San Jose has. The city is all about the Sharks. They were all about the Sharks when they stank up the place. The city supports that team like few cities can. I'm not saying it's the top of the heap, but as far as unified city support, it's way up there. 10th largest city in the US by population and 1 major pro team? Yeah it will have a f***ton of people that care. That's an industry term...it means a lot.

I actually think this series and the 2nd round series between the Wings and Sharks are pretty similar. I don't think that the Sharks outplayed the wings by much in the series, and yet they converted on chances and got the breaks and were up 3-0 in the series despite it being close. Chicago has not carried the majority of play yet they are up 3-0. Chicago was clearly the better team in game 2, but game 1 was very close and game 3 I think the Sharks carried a much larger portion of the play and still lost.

I will not give up on them until it is actually over. Will they come back and win the series? Probably not, but there's always a chance. They can't win 4 at once, they can only win game 4 on Sunday. If they can do that much (and I don't think anyone would argue that they have a 0% chance of doing that), then they will get a game 5 at home where I'll be yelling till I lose my voice. Finally take that one at home and then the song will carry a different tune.

I'll be working all through the weekend and trying to hit up a couple bbqs and parties so I apologize if I can't follow up on the thread or reply for a while.

#143 pockets

pockets

Pockets Smash

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:17 AM

dont know if this has been said yet thru tha playoffs up to game 3 in th WCF sharks pp advanatge 69-34 (or so i think might be off 3 am tired bad math skills)

#144 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:38 AM

Question: Are the Hawks really this good or are the Wings really that bad?

#145 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:47 AM

Looks like SJ saved their choking for a more crucial round, too bad it had to be against Chicago. The NHL will definitely enjoy marketing a Chicago/Philly or Chicago/Montreal match-up more than SJ anyway.

#146 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:01 AM

I have no problem with Chi winning the cup if they do cuz this is their big shot at it before reckoning with the cap next year. But Go Habs!
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#147 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:17 AM

Re: overtime game-winning goal.
Nabokov would have stood a better chance of making a save if he had been turned around, facing the goal judge. What was he doing?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#148 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:22 AM

Question: Are the Hawks really this good or are the Wings really that bad?

The Wings lost 4 games to the Sharks all by 1 goal. In 2 of those 4 the Sharks scored either the tying or winning goal while on a 5 on 3. The Sharks never had the lead going into the 3rd period. The Sharks got the breaks, the Wings didn't. Are the Sharks better? Not IMO.

The Sharks won games 1 and 2 at home courtesy of 5 on 3's. The Wings gave away game 3 when Howard let in the tying goal at the end of regulation and Lids broke his stick in the OT. Game 4 was an absolute beat-down by the Wings. Game 5 the Sharks won by 1 goal after being tied going into the 3rd. The series could easily have gone eitehr way.
Do or do not. There is no try

#149 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:02 AM

The Sharks aren't choking, the Hawks are just a better team. They have the speed that the Sharks can't keep up with, even though they did a pretty good job at it yesterday. And I agree with Supafly about the no one cares about the Sharks. If you go to San Jose right now, you will see 80 percent of the population wearing Shark jerseys.

Overtime goal= not Nabokov's fault, that was Heatley's man, he lost him somehow, he was brought in to score goals, he has only score freaking effing 2 goals these playoffs. I dont' know whats wrong with him, injured or not.

Shark fans aren't complaining about the reffing, I don't know why we would complain about the reffing. THe only thing that we have complained is when versus\nbc orgasms about the hawks second after second. This is the first time since I have watched sports to mute a intermission, thats how biased it has been.

I can tell when Marleau scores, they're like mehhh, whatever they scored. When the hawks score, YEAHHHHHHHH OUR TEAMMMM SCOREEEEDDDDDDD. Bias much, i think so.
]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#150 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

The Sharks aren't choking, the Hawks are just a better team. They have the speed that the Sharks can't keep up with, even though they did a pretty good job at it yesterday. And I agree with Supafly about the no one cares about the Sharks. If you go to San Jose right now, you will see 80 percent of the population wearing Shark jerseys.

Overtime goal= not Nabokov's fault, that was Heatley's man, he lost him somehow, he was brought in to score goals, he has only score freaking effing 2 goals these playoffs. I dont' know whats wrong with him, injured or not.

Shark fans aren't complaining about the reffing, I don't know why we would complain about the reffing. THe only thing that we have complained is when versus\nbc orgasms about the hawks second after second. This is the first time since I have watched sports to mute a intermission, thats how biased it has been.

I can tell when Marleau scores, they're like mehhh, whatever they scored. When the hawks score, YEAHHHHHHHH OUR TEAMMMM SCOREEEEDDDDDDD. Bias much, i think so.

Everyone is biased, it sucks.
Wings sucked, sharks are sucking and the hawks will suck.
Refs and their reffing sucks.
nbc/vs sucks.
Upsets suck.
West sucks.
East sucks.

I think I just about covered the 2010 Stanley cup playoffs thus far?

#151 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

Quoted for truth.

It was quite apparent that the Sharks were the hungrier team in the previous series. This series, the Hawks are the hungrier team thats for sure. Niemi is doing his part to get his team to the cup finals. I thought that Chicago was going to have a hard time in the playoffs, but Niemi is erasing all doubts.

Because their goal was to beat the Red Wings - apparently that was their Cup. They played a weak Avs team in the first round that probably shouldn't have even been in the POs, and that was still a close series. The opportunity was there for the Wings to win vs. the Sharks but for all the reasons listed above we didn't do it. The Sharks big test was beating the Red Wings and they passed. Now their usual no shows have gone back to being ghosts (Thornton). I think they looked past the Hawks and thought this wouldn't be as hard as it is.

The Wings have had great success vs. Q- coached teams. Apparently that didn't rub off on McLellan. But more likely this cast of characters the Sharks have are just not winners in the end. A rare WCF appearance is overachieving for this team.
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#152 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

For clarification purposes you probably would want to keep it to how the league does it.

Just sayin.

Well, if I said we beat Chicago in the Finals, that would sound really weird.

Hmmm, sounds like a certain ******* whom Heatley was once traded for.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 22 May 2010 - 11:42 AM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#153 Branton87

Branton87

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

Try being a Red Wings fan. EVERY SINGLE TEAM the Red Wings play against on those channels is who they favor. The only time I can tolerate even listening to the announcers on Versus or NBC is when McCarty is there to actually stick up for the Red Wings.

#154 magicaldatsyuk

magicaldatsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

i would much rather have the sharks win then the hawks but the chances are looking slim. i absolutely cant stand the hawks, hopefully one of the eastern teams can pull out an upset.
"failing to prepare is the same as preparing for failure."- John Wooden

#155 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

Shark fans aren't complaining about the reffing, I don't know why we would complain about the reffing.

I don't know why you guys would complain about the reffing. Your guys are getting way more PP time than the Hawks, and got a long ass 5 on 3 last night too. This must be some record for the most time on 5 on 3 advantage you guys are getting for a single team in a single postseason.

The difference in the 2 rounds is that the sharks are not getting as many PPs this time (still more than the Hawks), and the Hawks were able to kill the penalties, wings were not.

The funny thing is the Sharks were one of the most penalized teams in the regular season, and now they are angels.

#156 Wingooni_19

Wingooni_19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:07 PM

SJ Sharks A.K.A. CHOKERS

#157 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

Well, if I said we beat Chicago in the Finals, that would sound really weird.

Hmmm, sounds like a certain ******* whom Heatley was once traded for.

Who, ironically has also only scored 2 goals this playoff season :D

#NOMOREKINDL

#158 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

Bigger lol @ someone saying San Jose people don't care. The Sharks are the only major professional sports team San Jose has. The city is all about the Sharks. They were all about the Sharks when they stank up the place. The city supports that team like few cities can. I'm not saying it's the top of the heap, but as far as unified city support, it's way up there. 10th largest city in the US by population and 1 major pro team? Yeah it will have a f***ton of people that care. That's an industry term...it means a lot.

There's no question SJ is one of the successes in the Southern American expansion. As much as I want to see the Sharks and Thornton lose again, I'll stick up for SJ as a good hockey market.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#159 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

Indeed.

As much as I wish he was here and hope he gets his name engraved on the cup, Holland made the right choice in picking Franzen.

Posted Image

#160 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

The Datsyuk-Hossa pairing was a flop on the ice under intense playoff pressure. You had both guys trying to do too much whenever they got the puck. More often than not both guys would lose the puck too quickly after fighting so hard to get it back. Plus you had Homer with his multitude of injuries who couldn't do the things he normally does so well. It didn't look like that much of a threat and in hindsight it wasn't. On paper Hossa is a perfect fit. On the ice... Well, you know.