• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

LOL at the Sharks

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

The better team won the last series too. It's hard to swallow that the Sharks are better than us, but it's true. This season they're better than us.

I disagree. Had the officiating been even half-decent---and had Lidstrom's stick not broken, heh---the Wings very well could have won that series.

I disagree. Had the officiating been even half-decent---and had Lidstrom's stick not broken, heh---the Wings very well could have won that series.

More blind homerism.

That's part of hockey. You have to overcome that adversity.

Had Howard not let in softies in game 3, had Flip not sucked in the series, had the Wings PK not been inept, and had our 3rd and 4th lines not been useless, then we may have won the series.

The Sharks were better than us. The Wings deserved to win the series like I deserve to wake up tomorrow next to a young Brigitte Bardot.

Maybe, but the better team is winning this series.

The better team won the last series too. It's hard to swallow that the Sharks are better than us, but it's true. This season they're better than us.

They really weren't. At best the Wings had the edge and more realistically it was even. It's hard to win when the game winning goals all come off of blown calls and you play half the series shorthanded.

Think about it, remove the repeated s***ty calls against Detroit, and each one of those games (except for maybe one) goes to the Wings. All of them were literally taken away by the refs. And as much as I bash the refs I usually don't accept blaming the refs on a loss, but the San Jose-Detroit series was decided by calls and non-calls, not by anything done on the ice. This is proven when you look to see how game tying and game winning goals were scored.

Guest Crymson

More blind homerism.

That's part of hockey. You have to overcome that adversity.

Had Howard not let in softies in game 3, had Flip not sucked in the series, had the Wings PK not been inept, and had our 3rd and 4th lines not been useless, then we may have won the series.

The Sharks were better than us. The Wings deserved to win the series like I deserve to wake up tomorrow next to a young Brigitte Bardot.

It's really important to your psyche that people agree with you, isn't it?

They really weren't. At best the Wings had the edge and more realistically it was even. It's hard to win when the game winning goals all come off of blown calls and you play half the series shorthanded.

Think about it, remove the repeated s***ty calls against Detroit, and each one of those games (except for maybe one) goes to the Wings. All of them were literally taken away by the refs. And as much as I bash the refs I usually don't accept blaming the refs on a loss, but the San Jose-Detroit series was decided by calls and non-calls, not by anything done on the ice. This is proven when you look to see how game tying and game winning goals were scored.

How do you know what we'd have done if not for the officiating?

We barely beat a Phoenix team that had no talent and had their captain hurt most of the series. To me the Wings had no consistency in the playoffs and just never looked in sync. Too many turnovers from our defense and no help in secondary scoring.

Also, the PK is actually part of the team believe it or not. Remember the BS penalty at the end of the 2nd period against Phoenix in game 7? Well, we killed off that 5 on 3, and Stuart scored on a breakaway to ice the game. That's called overcoming adversity. We couldn't make any big plays at all against San Jose.

If we were better than San Jose, we'd have won. I believe that. Officiating or not.

It's really important to your psyche that people agree with you, isn't it?

Your points just aren't very strong, and from this post it seems like you have nothing more to say.

I cannot understand the ******* blow/intent to blow, review/not reviewable(?), delay of game/not delay of game. Game 4 Chicagos 1-2 goal, and the chicago guy on top of the puck just after. The refs in this league are a joke.

Guest Crymson

The Sharks really weren't good enough to make it this far. No help from the refs + no lucky bounces = massacre.

Makes you wonder what the sentiment in SJ will be this offseason. They did make it past their usual first or second round exit, though I'm going to say they only technically made it.

you are fine with Pronger and Leino winning the cup? :ph34r:

I dont hate Pronger unless he's playing us. I'd glady have him and an Eastern team and not our arch rivals with Mullet Boy and Hossa on it win. Not to mention there ******* fans are douches anyway and they dont have anything to brag about, give them a Cup and my lord how bad would it get.