• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#161 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:58 PM

My comments on the sharks are this (and some may not like it, but these are my opinions):

The sharks are totally getting exposed for what they are. They have a lot of offensive talent. The end. Their defense is not great and Nabokov is way overrated.

The Hawks look to me like the Wings of old, when the WIngs were hungry and younger. The Hawks are playing like a complete team. Their dominant defense is making up for any of Niemi's rookie mistakes, if any, that occur here and there.

I think if the Wings had played with more heart, they'd have beaten SJ. Even when we were down 2-9 to SJ i was not worried whatsoever. I thought we'd come back. But we didnt' play with passion and desire to win. Probably more a victim of too much success recently than anything else. Not to mention, I still blame the penalty calls (mainly 5 on 3s) at absolutely crucial times in the games. Were the calls actually penalties by the book? Some were, yes. But the league usually does not call those at that point in games and to put teams down 5 on 3. It's absolutely a joke. But anyways, The refs tried to do it again last night in the hawks game and once again it almost cost the Hawks the game. It's a joke.

The Hawks look scary good right now. I think they will go on to win the cup, thought that after they started to handle Vancouver with ease. The East is a full notch below the level of the West in my opinion.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#162 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:06 AM

I'm really curious to see how the Hawks will play against the Flyers defense. It'll be interesting to see how Toews, Kane and Hossa clash with a Pronger-led defense.

#163 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:10 AM

My comments on the sharks are this (and some may not like it, but these are my opinions):

The sharks are totally getting exposed for what they are. They have a lot of offensive talent. The end. Their defense is not great and Nabokov is way overrated.

The Hawks look to me like the Wings of old, when the WIngs were hungry and younger. The Hawks are playing like a complete team. Their dominant defense is making up for any of Niemi's rookie mistakes, if any, that occur here and there.

I agree. The weakness of the Sharks is the D, and Nabby just isn't an elite goaltender. This Blackhawks team has the skill and speed combination, along with offensive depth to expose this.

All teams will have a weakness usually...and this is due to the salary cap, but the Blackhawks have the good fortune (and good drafting) to have all star talent still on the books at entry level/rookie contract prices. This is why they have the complete team they have. They will start to lose parts after this season as they can't afford to keep everyone...but that's what we're looking at now. The Hawks are quite scary good.

#164 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:26 AM

I agree. The weakness of the Sharks is the D, and Nabby just isn't an elite goaltender. This Blackhawks team has the skill and speed combination, along with offensive depth to expose this.

All teams will have a weakness usually...and this is due to the salary cap, but the Blackhawks have the good fortune (and good drafting) to have all star talent still on the books at entry level/rookie contract prices. This is why they have the complete team they have. They will start to lose parts after this season as they can't afford to keep everyone...but that's what we're looking at now. The Hawks are quite scary good.

If that's what parity will do in the NHL then I am against it. I was against it anyways, but maybe that was because we had such a great collection of talent here and I hated to have it all go away. But nothing is more entertaining and exciting than watching a collection of superstars play together on the ice. Instead now we will get watered down teams, players we've never heard of, teams like Montreal making it to the finals ( I dont' dislike montreal, but the TEAM they have is not a stanley cup team, where's their talent? They are winning because they are playing very opportunistically to make up for the lack of talent they have, who wants to watch that crap). I'd much rather watch the west teams. Most of the western teams are very entertaining. SJ, Vancouver, Detroit, Chicago, all excellent teams with a lot of fire power. In hockey, to me it loses a lot of its luster after you get away from the talent laden teams and drop to the average ones. It doesn't seem to work in the NHL like it works in Football or even in the NBA for that matter.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#165 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:47 AM

The Hawks are so good it scares me. I dont think we can beat them ever. and they will win the cup this year hands down
Posted Image

#166 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:50 AM

The Sharks barely beat the Wings, and what made the difference was the horrendous officiating. The Sharks did not deserve to be in the WCF, and I'd glad to see them getting the pasting that they deserve.

#167 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

The Sharks barely beat the Wings, and what made the difference was the horrendous officiating. The Sharks did not deserve to be in the WCF, and I'd glad to see them getting the pasting that they deserve.

A 5 game series does not count as "barely".

If that was the case, Detroit "barely" beat Chicago last playoff.

Posted Image

#168 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:48 AM

A 5 game series does not count as "barely".

If that was the case, Detroit "barely" beat Chicago last playoff.

I agree with this totally.We just didn't have it this year.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#169 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

Stop whining Crymson.

The Sharks deserved to win the series more than the Wings did. Yeah they got breaks, but the Wings were 0-4 in one goal games in this series. We played like crap and you suggest that we deserved to win?

What a blind homer post on your part.

Wings didn't deserve s*** for the way they played.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#170 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 773 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:22 AM

The Hawks are so good it scares me. I dont think we can beat them ever. and they will win the cup this year hands down

Yep, never again. Especially when they have enough cap room in a few years to sign Bozo the Clown, Rockie, and Bullwinkle (if that).

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#171 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

Stop whining Crymson.

The Sharks deserved to win the series more than the Wings did. Yeah they got breaks, but the Wings were 0-4 in one goal games in this series. We played like crap and you suggest that we deserved to win?

What a blind homer post on your part.

Wings didn't deserve s*** for the way they played.

And the Sharks didn't deserve s*** for all the flagrant, shameless diving and embellishment they engaged in. In the end, a broken stick and a whole lot of deception of the officials was what won the series for the Sharks. Sure, the Wings played like garbage much of the time, which is significant in my point: the fact that the Sharks needed so much help from the refs (plus some other very lucky breaks and lucky bounces) to just barely beat a team that was playing well below its potential really demonstrates just how mediocre a team the Sharks actually are; and so does the dissection they're currently undergoing at the hands of the Blackhawks.

Edited by Crymson, 23 May 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#172 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

I think in more cases than not, it is completely justified that people blame the refs too much. In the case of what happened in the 2nd round this year, I don't think it's justified to blow off the referees. Even though we were outshot and outhustled at times, and losing faceoffs, we still were hangin in there. The clear difference was the 5 on 3s that the Sharks got. They had 3 or 4 in the series. All of the 5 on 3s came at crucial times in the game. We were winning by a goal and they give the sharks a 5 on 3 in the 3rd period. WE were tied and they give the sharks a 5 on 3 in the 3rd period. It's ridiculous. I'm sorry. If you want to argue whether the calls that put the WIngs down were legit, we can. I will even agree that by the book, many of them were. But you also have to look at how the league calls penalties. And in that series, the league was clearly one sided and went away from letting things go while on 5 on 4 and decided to call rather chincy stuff to put the wings down several times 5 on 3, in crucial times.

I honestly do think that was the difference in the series. That won san jose 2 games out of the 5. I still think had Detroit managed to come through SJ, we were probably not beating Chicago because they're way more hungry than Detroit was this year. You can't win it every year, and eventually you'll lose the high level of desire required.

It's not whining to point these things out. It's amazing how few penalties SJ has taken. It's hard to believe, actually.

San Jose is gettin completely exposed by Chicago. I view CHicago as the Wings of old, they have all the pieces. I swear, they're modeled completely like Detroit used to be, fast, talented, has the screen player in Buffoggaly googaly...a goalie that they're getting a lot out of for very cheap, solid defense...it's like looking in a mirror.

Edited by Firehawk, 23 May 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#173 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

And the Sharks didn't deserve s*** for all the flagrant, shameless diving and embellishment they engaged in. In the end, a broken stick and a whole lot of deception of the officials was what won the series for the Sharks. Sure, the Wings played like garbage much of the time, which is significant in my point: the fact that the Sharks needed so much help from the refs (plus some other very lucky breaks and lucky bounces) to just barely beat a team that was playing well below its potential really demonstrates just how mediocre a team the Sharks actually are; and so does the dissection they're currently undergoing at the hands of the Blackhawks.

Chicago has been jobbed a lot in this series also, but they've made it not matter based on the way they played.

Like I've said a million times around here, Detroit just couldn't overcome any adversity in the series. You have to be able to do that in spite of the officiating. That's why Chicago is going to the Finals this year and we're not.

#174 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:53 PM

Chicago has been jobbed a lot in this series also, but they've made it not matter based on the way they played.

Like I've said a million times around here, Detroit just couldn't overcome any adversity in the series. You have to be able to do that in spite of the officiating. That's why Chicago is going to the Finals this year and we're not.

Statistically, the jobbing doesn't even compare to what the Wings faced.

#175 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

Statistically, the jobbing doesn't even compare to what the Wings faced.

Maybe, but the better team is winning this series.

The better team won the last series too. It's hard to swallow that the Sharks are better than us, but it's true. This season they're better than us.

#176 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

The better team won the last series too. It's hard to swallow that the Sharks are better than us, but it's true. This season they're better than us.

I disagree. Had the officiating been even half-decent---and had Lidstrom's stick not broken, heh---the Wings very well could have won that series.

#177 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

I disagree. Had the officiating been even half-decent---and had Lidstrom's stick not broken, heh---the Wings very well could have won that series.

More blind homerism.

That's part of hockey. You have to overcome that adversity.

Had Howard not let in softies in game 3, had Flip not sucked in the series, had the Wings PK not been inept, and had our 3rd and 4th lines not been useless, then we may have won the series.

The Sharks were better than us. The Wings deserved to win the series like I deserve to wake up tomorrow next to a young Brigitte Bardot.

#178 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:17 PM

Maybe, but the better team is winning this series.

They really weren't. At best the Wings had the edge and more realistically it was even. It's hard to win when the game winning goals all come off of blown calls and you play half the series shorthanded.

Think about it, remove the repeated s***ty calls against Detroit, and each one of those games (except for maybe one) goes to the Wings. All of them were literally taken away by the refs. And as much as I bash the refs I usually don't accept blaming the refs on a loss, but the San Jose-Detroit series was decided by calls and non-calls, not by anything done on the ice. This is proven when you look to see how game tying and game winning goals were scored.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#179 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

More blind homerism.

That's part of hockey. You have to overcome that adversity.

Had Howard not let in softies in game 3, had Flip not sucked in the series, had the Wings PK not been inept, and had our 3rd and 4th lines not been useless, then we may have won the series.

The Sharks were better than us. The Wings deserved to win the series like I deserve to wake up tomorrow next to a young Brigitte Bardot.

It's really important to your psyche that people agree with you, isn't it?

#180 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

They really weren't. At best the Wings had the edge and more realistically it was even. It's hard to win when the game winning goals all come off of blown calls and you play half the series shorthanded.

Think about it, remove the repeated s***ty calls against Detroit, and each one of those games (except for maybe one) goes to the Wings. All of them were literally taken away by the refs. And as much as I bash the refs I usually don't accept blaming the refs on a loss, but the San Jose-Detroit series was decided by calls and non-calls, not by anything done on the ice. This is proven when you look to see how game tying and game winning goals were scored.

How do you know what we'd have done if not for the officiating?

We barely beat a Phoenix team that had no talent and had their captain hurt most of the series. To me the Wings had no consistency in the playoffs and just never looked in sync. Too many turnovers from our defense and no help in secondary scoring.

Also, the PK is actually part of the team believe it or not. Remember the BS penalty at the end of the 2nd period against Phoenix in game 7? Well, we killed off that 5 on 3, and Stuart scored on a breakaway to ice the game. That's called overcoming adversity. We couldn't make any big plays at all against San Jose.

If we were better than San Jose, we'd have won. I believe that. Officiating or not.

It's really important to your psyche that people agree with you, isn't it?

Your points just aren't very strong, and from this post it seems like you have nothing more to say.