• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Holland Wants Bert Back

Rate this topic

All depends on price. I'm good with it as long as he doesn't want more money than he's getting now. I wouldn't mind a 1-1.2 a year for 2 seasons.

Definitely keep Homer, and I'd love to keep Lilja.

it does all depend on the money. really the reason bert was tolerable this year was he was a good value. if the team loses that advantage he could quickly get into the doghouse again.

also i recall reading last year that bert would continue to take a lower salary to play where he wanted to. does anyone else remember that?

[quote name='dobbles' date='19 May 2010 - 03:28 PM'

also i recall reading last year that bert would continue to take a lower salary to play where he wanted to. does anyone else remember that?

I don't remember reading it anywhere, but he's not in much position to make demands. He has a very polarized fanbase and has been hit-or-miss on other teams. He's also getting old and I do know that he wants some consistency in his life and he's tired of moving every 365 days.

Yes please. For the price you cant really find anything better. From what I have read about him he is a pretty nice guy off the ice. It would be even better if he did not get those reputation calls all the time :ranting:

I think resigning Bertuzzi will be a pretty good idea. He had a pretty good season here and with his linemates healthy the whole year, maybe he can produce a bit more than he did this year.

Side Note: Has anyone mentioned anything about Miller yet? I haven't seen any reports on what Holland expects to do with him. I'd love to see him resigned because he was a huge anchor on our PK this season.

Multi-year? I like Bertuzzi but I'm not sure that's a good idea. Only if it's for under a mil after this next season. He was good for us, but could easily stop being good for us, especially in future years, what with his history and him not aging as well as other players.

Maybe next year at his current rate (or less, always a bargain hunter I am), the year after that 1 mil?

Forgive my ignorance on who's available this summer in terms of Dmen, but I feel re-signing Lilja is very important...Who else provides a steady physical presence with shot blocking ability on our current roster?

Is there anybody else better not named Volchenkov in these categories?

With Hudler returning I would rather see Bert's $$$ spent on someone along the likes of a Torres.

How about re-sign Lilja, add your Dman (whomever it may be), and then trade Ericsson?

That's what I'm saying.Supposedly Kenny wants to get younger,so why re-sign Bertuzzi?Same with Lilja.If I had it my way,we would get rid of Ericsson AND Lilja.Gimme Sheldon Brookbank,Let Bertuzzi walk.Gimme a guy who can score and fight.

Side Note: Has anyone mentioned anything about Miller yet? I haven't seen any reports on what Holland expects to do with him. I'd love to see him resigned because he was a huge anchor on our PK this season.

I read somewhere (Flint Journal, I think) that Holland definitely wants to re-sign Eaves and Miller.

That's what I'm saying.Supposedly Kenny wants to get younger,so why re-sign Bertuzzi?Same with Lilja.If I had it my way,we would get rid of Ericsson AND Lilja.Gimme Sheldon Brookbank,Let Bertuzzi walk.Gimme a guy who can score and fight.

I think signing Brookbank and letting Lilja go would be a good move. We would save cap space and Brookbank gives everything pre injury Lilja adds plus a lot more effectiveness at it.

If Brookbank could be had cheap you could sign both Lilja for a season and see who deserves to stay

I don't see Lilja being the same player over the course of a whole year.

I don't mean to sound like an ass here, but in a way I see Lilja as damaged goods, and as much as I'd like to see him here for a few more years I'd hate for him to tie up a roster spot, and cap space if he were to have another head injury that would take him outta action for a long period of time.

Exactly. Sure this organization prides itself on loyalty but at the same time it is a business and the team needs to stay competitive. If a guy loses his edge (like it seems Lilja probably has) then he should be replaced, not clogging up a roster spot for fresh blood to be brought in.

I don't want to see just anyone brought in to replace him, I wanna see someone who will provide what Lilja used to and can't anymore. A guy like Brookbank would be the best fit probably. He'll clear the crease, lay big hits, is a heavyweight fighter and can kill penalties. He plays 15 minutes a game on a ducks team and is a lot younger the Lils.

Seems like the perfect replacement to me. I guess I should add that he's plus 10 as well so he's pretty responsible considering his team didn't make playoffs.

Edited by newfy

So, who are we losing, since we have such a logjam?

Z-D-Franz

Homer - Flip - Bert

Huds - Ritola - Clears

Drapes - Helm - Abs

So, No Malts, Eaves, Miller, May, or J-Willy? (it's a given J-Willy is gone)

Guest mindfly

How come bertuzzi got the same amount of points in detroit this season as he got in calgary the previous season... with 20-some less games played... and calgary wasn't exactly an offensive powerhouse... hmm

Edited by mindfly

I would pass to be honest, I really don't see much need for him here anymore, and am tired of his terrible penalties in which he always puts his hands up just saying "Im guilty", and his constant one hand on the stick plays, 2 HANDS ON THE STICK, f***!

Edited by Superman54

Not trying to derail the topic on hand.....But I too feel 1 of our biggest needs on D is a physical presence that we lack (have lacked for some time), and from what I know there isn't anyone in GR that'll fill this role.

What we have in GR (or will soon have in GR) are slender built puck possession Lidstrom wanna-bees who are nowhere near the calibre of player Nick is, and since they don't do any 1 thing that really stands out - they'll be AHL'ers for the bulk of their careers.....Maybe I'm asking too much, but I just wanna see this team get mean again.

Yeah actually speaking of Grand Rapids, Brookbank used to play there for a couple seasons so maybe wings brass have an eye on him. Kolosov is the only thing close to a physical, mean defenseman in GR. Piche is small but he's feisty from what I've read.

Yeah I really think the money we spend on Bert would be better spent towards a physical defenseman but if Bert takes a paycut to get to play here for an extra season or 2 maybe we'll have the money to sign a guy like Brookbank and Bert.