Nate Thompson

Nick Tarnasky

Dan Winnik

Andrew Peters

Steve Begin

Craig Weller

Steve MacIntyre

Jeremy Reich

Any one of these guys would be excellent.I think we need to be a little bit more well rounded;get less pretty and a little more gritty.Thoughts?

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Steve MacIntyre has been one of my favorite enforcers since he entered the league but I dont think he is a good enough player to make it on the Wings. Seriously, look how he handles Yabo here. Also, like many enforcers he is just an awesome guy off the ice. From what I have seen he thinks he is quite the comedian.

Most of that list is either restricted, over 30, or can't play hockey.

Torres would be nice, but likely out of our price range. The only other two that would interest me are Nystrom and Winchester.

The people who would fit best and who I would want from that list in order from best to worst.

Nystrom

Winchester

Burish

Chipchura

Asham

Thorton

Glass

and of course I would love Boogard but he actually is the only true heavyweight in the league that I would want.

I wanna see this team get its bottom lines and top 6(if possible) filled out with solid middle weights like Philly. They have the idea right there, instead of getting some goon who can't skate they just draft tough players that can play or sign them through free agency. Richards and Hartnell for example.

Those guys I listed can all play hockey half decent and are solid tough guys. The thing however is that they all provide something besides toughness like the ability to skate to get in on the forecheck. These are all guys I could see Detroit getting. The only RFA's are Chipchura and Glass. Vancouver may want to make a shake up with another early exit and may let Glass walk especially with Ripper establishing himself. Chipchura has had some bad seasons and the Ducks already have plenty of tough guys so I could see Chipchura being allowed to leave. He still has potential to be a top 6 player but he also had 10 fights last year. Hes a really good skater (he was a first round pick a few years ago) but just can't put it together. Detroit is the place for him to find his game.

Burish could stay close to home and with Fraser and Eager Chicago might not make a huge effort to try to resign him.

Only time will tell.

Is he unrestricted?Any rumors on if the Wild are still interested in bringing him back?

Yes he's unrestricted and the Wild tried trading him at the deadline last year but they didn't make the move quick enough. I can for sure see Boogey man going somewhere else this offseason

The people who would fit best and who I would want from that list in order from best to worst.

Nystrom

Winchester

Burish

Chipchura

Asham

Thorton

Glass

and of course I would love Boogard but he actually is the only true heavyweight in the league that I would want.

I wanna see this team get its bottom lines and top 6(if possible) filled out with solid middle weights like Philly. They have the idea right there, instead of getting some goon who can't skate they just draft tough players that can play or sign them through free agency. Richards and Hartnell for example.

Those guys I listed can all play hockey half decent and are solid tough guys. The thing however is that they all provide something besides toughness like the ability to skate to get in on the forecheck. These are all guys I could see Detroit getting. The only RFA's are Chipchura and Glass. Vancouver may want to make a shake up with another early exit and may let Glass walk especially with Ripper establishing himself. Chipchura has had some bad seasons and the Ducks already have plenty of tough guys so I could see Chipchura being allowed to leave. He still has potential to be a top 6 player but he also had 10 fights last year. Hes a really good skater (he was a first round pick a few years ago) but just can't put it together. Detroit is the place for him to find his game.

Burish could stay close to home and with Fraser and Eager Chicago might not make a huge effort to try to resign him.

Only time will tell.

Yes he's unrestricted and the Wild tried trading him at the deadline last year but they didn't make the move quick enough. I can for sure see Boogey man going somewhere else this offseason

I'm really a big fan of the possibility of having Chipchura here.Glass can play the game as well as answer the bell.Agreed,i like what Philly is doing.There's just so many options to choose from as far as muscle goes.Kenny has to get the bottom 6 a little tougher.I like Helm and Abdelkader and Eaves.Now i'd like a guy or two that can answer the bell.

Nystrom would be great. Watched him in Calgary the past couple years, great kid, a bit streaky, but he has the potential to score 15 goals if he's givin real 3rd/4th line minutes. Solid checker and decent fight, he'd be perfect and he cant cost that much,

Nystrom would be great. Watched him in Calgary the past couple years, great kid, a bit streaky, but he has the potential to score 15 goals if he's givin real 3rd/4th line minutes. Solid checker and decent fight, he'd be perfect and he cant cost that much,

The thing I like about him is that he's not a fighter first really he's a solid 3rd line grinder who can score 15. Then he can give you 10 fights a seasont oo.

After a disappointing season in Calgary for the whole team maybe he'll want out. He's a hard hitter too. Best UFA to fit our teams needs for sure.

I'd say Nystrom for 1 million would be a steal.

I would probably give him a 1 mill to 1.2 million dollar deal. Any lower then a million we have a steal. 1.5 million wouldnt be too much but being higher then that we're getting a bit pricey.

I dunno if Nystrom would get a lot of offers from other teams or not.

I would probably give him a 1 mill to 1.2 million dollar deal. Any lower then a million we have a steal. 1.5 million wouldnt be too much but being higher then that we're getting a bit pricey.

I dunno if Nystrom would get a lot of offers from other teams or not.

I guess 1.5 million isn't too outrageous.Unfortunately,i think there's gonna be a lot of offers thrown at him come July 1st.Brian Burke will definitely pursue him relentlessly.

For 1.2, he'd be a steal. When the Flames had injury problems at the end of the year Nystrom stepped in and really played great hockey. I also dunno if he'd get many offers, but I'm sure he'll get a handful. If he's looking to win no better place then Detroit right?

Plus:

Abdelkader-Hudler-Cleary

Eaves-Helm-Nystrom

Is a nice bottom 6 that can score and throw the body.

I'd love to see any of those guys in a Wings uniform, but I doubt we'll wind up with any bonafide enforcer.

A guy like Nystrom or Asham is probably what we'll wind up with. Then again, even that may not happen.

Holland brought in Williams of all people last year, and didn't he say that he was looking for more grit at that time? <_<

I'd love to see any of those guys in a Wings uniform, but I doubt we'll wind up with any bonafide enforcer.

A guy like Nystrom or Asham is probably what we'll wind up with. Then again, even that may not happen.

Holland brought in Williams of all people last year, and didn't he say that he was looking for more grit at that time? <_<

i know.Thats a list of like 50.Any of those i'll be happy with.Jesus Kenny just bring rock em sock em back to Detroit :ranting:

I guess 1.5 million isn't too outrageous.Unfortunately,i think there's gonna be a lot of offers thrown at him come July 1st.Brian Burke will definitely pursue him relentlessly.

I'm not so sure. Even though Nystrom's an American, the Swedish name might scare Burke off.

I'd really like to see Chimera in a Red Wings uniform, but he's under contract so it would have to be a trade, his cap hit is 1.875 mil, a little high for a 3rd/4th liner, but he's good for about 15 goals and 30 points a season, he forechecks, kills penalties, has great wheels, and he fights regularly.

Nystrom and/or Glass would fit our system well and provide punch (pun intended) in our bottom 6, and would be reasonably priced.

David Clarkson for the ******* win please. 24 pts in 46 games this year (albeit he was top 6 for a bit there), + he's a great fighter, would love his presence on this team.