• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

4th line options

Rate this topic

David Clarkson for the ******* win please. 24 pts in 46 games this year (albeit he was top 6 for a bit there), + he's a great fighter, would love his presence on this team.

RFA. I really doubt NJ would let him walk. Not for what we could offer anyway. And I don't think we have anything we could trade for him. He could be a 20+ scorer though. It'd be nice.

Guest mindfly

Who do I have to f*** to get the Wings to sign Boogaard.

Im pretty sure he's too slow and not enough skilled to play on in detroit :rolleyes: (Ken Holland's thoughts)

Edited by mindfly

Burish

Torres

Thornton

Ladd

ALthough both would be tough to get my top two ideal choices would be Ladd and Clarkson - even though they're probably pretty unrealistic. Although the Hawks may be forced to let Ladd go - just doubt they'd let the Wings have him.

I'd imagine the Hawks qualify all of their RFAs and then either waive or trade them as their cap situation moves forward.

Guest micah

Not familiar with all of them, but Asham and Torres are the only ones out of that group that can actually play hockey, right?

Mucking it up and fighting for your team IS playing hockey, especially 4th line hockey which is what we're talking about.

Guest micah

Im pretty sure he's too slow and not enough skilled to play on in detroit :rolleyes: (Ken Holland's thoughts)

I don't know about that. Holland did bring Brad Norton in, and althout he didn't play much, it was because he sucked so bad at fighting, not his lack of skills that sent him packing. Boogie is not all that slow, actually. Also, he's been in a slump for the last three seasons, scoring zero goals in each. In his rookie season, he netted 2. I think that if he came to Detroit, the influence of guys like Hudler would have Derek back up to the kind of numbers we know he's capable of. I think he has the potential to be a 3 goal per uyear guy with the right coachin and a little bit of luck:)

Who do I have to f*** to get the Wings to sign Boogaard.

Derek Boogaard

GP-255

Pts-14

"As of the end of the 2009-10 NHL Season Boogaard has gone 222 games without scoring a goal which is the longest active streak in the NHL. His last goal was scored against the Anaheim Ducks on January 7, 2006."

No thanks...I rather have some one who can actually play not just punch people in the head.

Besides in today's NHL enforcers are pointless and just a waste of cap space.

Edited by Original-Six

Derek Boogaard

GP-255

Pts-14

"As of the end of the 2009-10 NHL Season Boogaard has gone 222 games without scoring a goal which is the longest active streak in the NHL. His last goal was scored against the Anaheim Ducks on January 7, 2006."

No thanks...I rather have some one who can actually play not just punch people in the head.

Besides in today's NHL enforcers are pointless and just a waste of cap space.

As Clark Gable says at the end of Gone With the Wind, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

If enforcers are pointless, why do other teams carry them all the time in the regular season? Educate me.

Guest Lidstromboli

More like the biggest dumbass on the list.

We may as well sign Mike Danton and Billy Tibbets.

no way

have you watched peters? he's one of the most dominant physical forces in the nhl. way better than pansies like orr

I'll be pleased with the addition of a gritty/hard forechecking 4th liner if it comes to that but I would prefer we could add some scoring punch to the bottom two lines more than anything. The Wings' bottom two lines did nothing offensively in the playoffs. I realize we'll never have a third line like 2008 and 2009 again, but more balanced scoring will take some heat off the big guns to carry the team offensively. One energy line is enough - we need to round out a third line that puts the puck in the net more consistently.

Therefore, my first choice would be Raffi Torres. Throw him on a line with Helm and Cleary/Bertuzzi, and that line has the potential to be a scoring threat. Abdelkader, Eaves and whomever else can play the 4th line energy role.

Edited by GoWings1905

I'll be pleased with the addition of a gritty/hard forechecking 4th liner if it comes to that but I would prefer we could add some scoring punch to the bottom two lines more than anything. The Wings' bottom two lines did nothing offensively in the playoffs. I realize we'll never have a third line like 2008 and 2009 again, but more balanced scoring will take some heat off the big guns to carry the team offensively. One energy line is enough - we need to round out a third line that puts the puck in the net more consistently.

Therefore, my first choice would be Raffi Torres. Throw him on a line with Helm and Cleary/Bertuzzi, and that line has the potential to be a scoring threat. Abdelkader, Eaves and whomever else can play the 4th line energy role.

Yeah I think thats the key here. Holland wants a physical guy but someone that can provide some offense. Thats why Winchester, Nystrom and Torres are probably the best fits. Torres is getting old though and isn't the physical force that Nystrom and Winchester are so I would take those 2 before Torres

Boogaard will be much easier to acquire than scoring fighters like Torres or Asham.

Just saying.

Boogard is the only legit heavyweight that can scare the s*** outta ppl. I would take him on this team anytime. He's not a bad skater or hitter and people just dont f*** with him. I really don't see us signing him though.

Boogard is the only legit heavyweight that can scare the s*** outta ppl. I would take him on this team anytime. He's not a bad skater or hitter and people just dont f*** with him. I really don't see us signing him though.

Don't Boggie and Datsyuk have some sort of friendship? Maybe Pavel will lobby for him.

Guest micah

In the instigator era, very few enforcers are still scary. Boogaard is one who is. when he is on the ice, you notice the other players just stop hitting. Very few seem to want to raise his ire.

Chris Simon was that way too, but for other reasons.

In the instigator era, very few enforcers are still scary. Boogaard is one who is. when he is on the ice, you notice the other players just stop hitting. Very few seem to want to raise his ire.

Chris Simon was that way too, but for other reasons.

Exactly, Booggard is probably the only one left in the league whose presence on the ice can pretty much stop the other team from hitting, let alone starting rough stuff.

As Clark Gable says at the end of Gone With the Wind, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

If enforcers are pointless, why do other teams carry them all the time in the regular season? Educate me.

If enforcers are important why do they never get any ice time come playoffs? Educate me.

Please tell me how many fights you saw this post season.

Like i said in today's NHL enforcers are pretty much useless. Just a waste of cap space.

Now if the guy can actually play thats another story. But having a player that can only fight is pretty useless post lockout NHL.

Edited by Original-Six

If enforcers are important why do they never get any ice time come playoffs? Educate me.

Please tell me how many fights you saw this post season.

Like i said in today's NHL enforcers are pretty much useless. Just a waste of cap space.

The thing about that is that theres also an 82 game season where your players need to stay healthy and make themselves ready for playoffs.

I'm not saying enforcers are necessary because I don't think they are I would rather have a few tough guys like Abdelkader, and Nystrom middle weight types that can handle themselves.

But I would never say a guy like Boogaard is useless. Jason Williams can play in the NHL, why can't a 6'6 intimidating guy who hits like a truck be useful in the NHL?

The thing about that is that theres also an 82 game season where your players need to stay healthy and make themselves ready for playoffs.

I'm not saying enforcers are necessary because I don't think they are I would rather have a few tough guys like Abdelkader, and Nystrom middle weight types that can handle themselves.

But I would never say a guy like Boogaard is useless. Jason Williams can play in the NHL, why can't a 6'6 intimidating guy who hits like a truck be useful in the NHL?

Pretty much.

The regular season isn't meaningless anymore, as we found out this season. The tougher your team is, the tougher the other players on the team who aren't considered physical will play. Just look at Leino in Philly.

Babcock himself has talked about the importance of enforcers before. I suppose he's stupid, but the anti-enforcer posters here on LGW know more about hockey than Babcock does when they say things like, "enforcers are useless".

Apparently, some people here know more about hockey than the 30 GM's in the league who try to carry enforcers on their team. :sly:

Edited by GMRwings1983