• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

I'd love to see any of those guys in a Wings uniform, but I doubt we'll wind up with any bonafide enforcer.

A guy like Nystrom or Asham is probably what we'll wind up with. Then again, even that may not happen.

Holland brought in Williams of all people last year, and didn't he say that he was looking for more grit at that time? <_<

i know.Thats a list of like 50.Any of those i'll be happy with.Jesus Kenny just bring rock em sock em back to Detroit :ranting:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#22 AIK'91

AIK'91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:19 PM

I guess 1.5 million isn't too outrageous.Unfortunately,i think there's gonna be a lot of offers thrown at him come July 1st.Brian Burke will definitely pursue him relentlessly.

I'm not so sure. Even though Nystrom's an American, the Swedish name might scare Burke off.

#23 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

I'd really like to see Chimera in a Red Wings uniform, but he's under contract so it would have to be a trade, his cap hit is 1.875 mil, a little high for a 3rd/4th liner, but he's good for about 15 goals and 30 points a season, he forechecks, kills penalties, has great wheels, and he fights regularly.

Nystrom and/or Glass would fit our system well and provide punch (pun intended) in our bottom 6, and would be reasonably priced.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#24 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

David Clarkson for thef****** win please. 24 pts in 46 games this year (albeit he was top 6 for a bit there), + he's a great fighter, would love his presence on this team.

#25 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:32 PM

Burish
Torres
Thornton
Ladd

#26 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

David Clarkson for thef****** win please. 24 pts in 46 games this year (albeit he was top 6 for a bit there), + he's a great fighter, would love his presence on this team.

RFA. I really doubt NJ would let him walk. Not for what we could offer anyway. And I don't think we have anything we could trade for him. He could be a 20+ scorer though. It'd be nice.

#27 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:50 AM

Who do I have to f*** to get the Wings to sign Boogaard.

Im pretty sure he's too slow and not enough skilled to play on in detroit :rolleyes: (Ken Holland's thoughts)

Edited by mindfly, 20 May 2010 - 03:51 AM.

#28 Paolino99

Paolino99

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

Shawn F***IN' Thornton!!!

also Clarkson can be a good fit for us,he has good hands for a 3rd/4th line enforcer
Posted Image

#29 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:07 AM

Not familiar with all of them, but Asham and Torres are the only ones out of that group that can actually play hockey, right?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#30 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:15 AM

Burish
Torres
Thornton
Ladd

ALthough both would be tough to get my top two ideal choices would be Ladd and Clarkson - even though they're probably pretty unrealistic. Although the Hawks may be forced to let Ladd go - just doubt they'd let the Wings have him.

I'd imagine the Hawks qualify all of their RFAs and then either waive or trade them as their cap situation moves forward.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#31 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

Not familiar with all of them, but Asham and Torres are the only ones out of that group that can actually play hockey, right?

Mucking it up and fighting for your team IS playing hockey, especially 4th line hockey which is what we're talking about.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#32 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

Im pretty sure he's too slow and not enough skilled to play on in detroit :rolleyes: (Ken Holland's thoughts)

I don't know about that. Holland did bring Brad Norton in, and althout he didn't play much, it was because he sucked so bad at fighting, not his lack of skills that sent him packing. Boogie is not all that slow, actually. Also, he's been in a slump for the last three seasons, scoring zero goals in each. In his rookie season, he netted 2. I think that if he came to Detroit, the influence of guys like Hudler would have Derek back up to the kind of numbers we know he's capable of. I think he has the potential to be a 3 goal per uyear guy with the right coachin and a little bit of luck:)
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#33 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

Andrew Peters is the best player on that list.

Posted Image

#34 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:08 AM

Tanner Glass or Shawn Thornton would be pretty amazing.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

Torres
Winchestor
Voros
--------------------
Boll
Nystrom
--------------------
Asham
Thorton
Downey!
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#36 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

Andrew Peters is the best player on that list.

More like the biggest dumbass on the list.

We may as well sign Mike Danton and Billy Tibbets.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#37 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

Derek Boogaard
GP-255
Pts-14
"As of the end of the 2009-10 NHL Season Boogaard has gone 222 games without scoring a goal which is the longest active streak in the NHL. His last goal was scored against the Anaheim Ducks on January 7, 2006."

No thanks...I rather have some one who can actually play not just punch people in the head.
Besides in today's NHL enforcers are pointless and just a waste of cap space.

Edited by Original-Six, 20 May 2010 - 11:47 AM.

#38 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:50 AM

Derek Boogaard
GP-255
Pts-14
"As of the end of the 2009-10 NHL Season Boogaard has gone 222 games without scoring a goal which is the longest active streak in the NHL. His last goal was scored against the Anaheim Ducks on January 7, 2006."

No thanks...I rather have some one who can actually play not just punch people in the head.
Besides in today's NHL enforcers are pointless and just a waste of cap space.

As Clark Gable says at the end of Gone With the Wind, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

If enforcers are pointless, why do other teams carry them all the time in the regular season? Educate me.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#39 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

Marian Ilitch?

#40 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

More like the biggest dumbass on the list.

We may as well sign Mike Danton and Billy Tibbets.

no way

have you watched peters? he's one of the most dominant physical forces in the nhl. way better than pansies like orr

Posted Image