• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

Good old Regular Season Joe

Rate this topic

So far, yes, Ovechkin has choked, because he has not come through when it mattered - I don't know why you can't grasp this - this isn't JUST about points, it's about the way you lead your team and the effort in the moments that it matters

and I know you're trying to be cute, but cut it - you know damn well that because one guys lifts his game and helps his team win, that doesn't "make every other player a choke"

Your best players need to be your best players, in the times it matters the most. period. I don't know how much clearer I can put that...

Okay, I can accept that you personally have ridiculous standards.

FWIW, Thornton has been their best player so that last statement is moot.

Okay, I can accept that you personally have ridiculous standards.

FWIW, Thornton has been their best player so that last statement is moot.

haha, not ridiculous - normal

and Thornton has NOT been their best player when it matters, so your opinion is moot.

v. Chicago

2GP 0G 1A 1PT -4

it's not all about stats,

haha, not ridiculous - normal

and Thornton has NOT been their best player when it matters, so your opinion is moot.

v. Chicago

2GP 0G 1A 1PT -4

Hate to butt-in but I found this ironic.

I found Bob McKenzie's comments after Game 2 interesting. "I thought Thornton played well, Heatley and Marleau need to deliver more."

Honestly, I've trashed Thornton so much over the years for his patheticness come playoffs, but he really has been so much better this playoff season and has been their best, most consistent player. IMO, it's no contest.

Edited by Doggy

You mustn't have watched many of his games with much attention.

I hate Joe Thornton but he has been by far their best player since Round 1. He seemed to be the only player with an ounce of passion in him in the last game. You wanna point fingers?? Heatley and Marleau. They've been extra pathetic. But Joe Thornton has been much improved in these playoffs.

Seriously guys. You can't base an opinion solely on stats.

Yeah, the rest of their team sure has sucked. Who's that other Joe guy? Pavlosvki? Pavelskin? Oh well, it can't be that important, I'm sure he wasn't any good.

Yeah, the rest of their team sure has sucked. Who's that other Joe guy? Pavlosvki? Pavelskin? Oh well, it can't be that important, I'm sure he wasn't any good.

Pavelski was great in Round 1. BUT!! Since Round 1, Pavelski has played two good games. He's been non-existent since Game 2 against Detroit.

Absolutely. Non. Existent.

He got an assist in game 3 and tonight's assist was his first point in 5 games. This is the worst argument yet. Seriously.

I like Pierre McGuire's comment, "What can you say about Joe Thornton elevating his game when he's needed the most." At another point I also heard him say, "Thornton needs some help from his wingers." Note, that wasn't in reference to Marleau or Heatley.

Seriously. Some of you really need to actually watch.

Edited by Rufio

What has Thornton done in these playoffs to warrant this claim he has underachieved?

He's done nothing like he always does. Fact is he didn't underachieve. He didn't because who in reality expects that slug/loser to do anything anyways?

Exactly - when it matters

Point. Set. Match.

Big Joe Choke

Yep.

People gave you a lot of s*** in this thread, but at the end of the day you were right. :)

Heatley was the same way. They both choked in the clutch. When your team goes down, you don't want the star players to leave anything on the ice.

Yep.

People gave you a lot of s*** in this thread, but at the end of the day you were right. :)

Heatley was the same way. They both choked in the clutch. When your team goes down, you don't want the star players to leave anything on the ice.

Lol, a 4-2 loss changes everything.

BTW, it's game, set, match.

I don't know what you're thinking here. Everyone, I think, should be able to agree that prior to this year, Thornton has been universally considered a choker. People have considered him a choker with these numbers in the postseason:

05/06 11gp 9pts -4

06/07 11gp 11pts 2

07/08 13gp 10pts 3

08/09 6gp 5pts -3

Now this year, he had

14gp 12pts -9

And you feel that constitutes a performance that should change anybody's perception!?

It looks to me like the worst year he's had since 2003-2004.

Oh, and since you were asking for players who have been better than him since the first round, you can also add Marleau to the list.

Edited by Zetts

Joe Thornton isn't to be blamed for the Sharks being eliminated. Their defense was outmatched by the Hawks. If there is one single player I'd blame it's Heatley who not surprisingly sucked all series and cost his team a couple games.

hahahahaha... REALLY?! You're going to try and eek something out by correcting a phrase?! Just walk away with your tail between your legs - You were wrong. period. take your lumps and leave the thread with some dignity and eat your crow.

Also, as with the rest of the thread, you're wrong there too - it's just a phrase and both are acceptable terms in a tennis match, as in when it comes down to the last point of the game...

pathetic...