• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Swedish Ref to be First European Trained NHL Referee

Rate this topic

"I am very honored to be the first European to have this dream-come-true opportunity of working in the NHL," said Vinnerborg. "I hope that this will help to lead the way for other European officials in the future as well. Personally, I look forward to having the chance to work with, and learn from, the best officials in the best League in the world."

:confused1: :looney:

Guest micah

:confused1: :looney:

Why are you confused? He wants to learn from "the best officials", distinct from "average officials", in "the best league in the world" which is certainly the NHL.

The league should be doing everything in its power to ice the entire official group from the Olympics and wipe their dead weight clean... The Olympics was the best officiated hockey I have seen in my lifetime...

I think that was more a reflection of Olympic versus NHL rules.

Why are you confused? He wants to learn from "the best officials", distinct from "average officials", in "the best league in the world" which is certainly the NHL.

I get it now! The NHL is the best league and he wants to learn from the two refs who actually know their Nash from a Boll in the ground.

It's all so clear to me now. I had thought he was saying we had the best officials in the world. I was going to check his immigration card to make sure that he wasn't part of a Swedish terrorist group targeting mullets.

Welcome to him. Bork! Bork! Bork!

Guest mindfly

I hope he doesn't change the way he ref interference and hooking, you can interfere alot more and hook a little bit more in sweden, but I bet dan o'halloran, watson, devorski etc will teach him how to deal with interference and hooking the NHL-way <_<:thumbdown: