• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vladifan

Does anyone think the Eastern conference can win the Cup?

Rate this topic

Well - if the Habs can knock off both the Caps, and Pens who's to say they couldn't do the same to either the Hawks, or Sharks?

Same can be said with the Flyers taking out the Devils and Bruins, but I still don't see either beating the Chi/SJ winner. Maybe Philly.

I don't see how Montreal of Philly could beat either of the two teams left in the West. The west plays at a higher level than the east does overall. The two top teams in the west are left, against the two bottom teams in the east, which adds more fuel to my argument. Montreal is a cute team, doin some unbelievable things, but the caps were not a complete team by any stretch of the imagination. Pitt may have been suffering some hangover from the past 2 year's playoffs like the WIngs, and now Philly is hungry and disposing of Montreal. Philly will be rough and tough, but it won't be enough against Chicago. Chicago has all the pieces.

I don't think Phi or Montreal will be ready for a western powerhouse like they're goin to face. I just don't see it. Remember, (without lookin back), I want to say that teams 5 through 8 would not have even made the playoffs if they were in the west. The talent and speed in the west supersedes that of the east.

Philly could beat Chicago if Leighton plays decent. They have a lot of talent and most of them are clicking right now. Briere, Gagne, Richards, Carter, Giroux, Hartnell, JVR, Pronger, Timonen... Leino even has a point a game in the playoffs so far. I hope they do it at least....

No way. Worst fan base on the planet. Narrowly edging out the Blues fans.

TRUTH. I go to school in indiana and that's all i hear about, it's so annoying. But i think the flyers can do it. someone beat me to it and posted a lot of a talent that ppl overlook. philly is sound defensively, not just with defensemen but two way forwards. Mike richards is an animal in that department. I think too many ppl are just looking a big names, everyone needs to remember that this is hockey, not basketball, and any team can win on any night.

Guest Lidstromboli

yeah those blues fans are notorious for the stuff that they.. do or something

am i right??

also really weird thing to think about team =/= fanbase

This whole situation couldn't have played out worse.

First of all as a dedicated Wings fan now for 26 years, I hate the f***in hawks and their fans. I hate snotty little kids, with mullets, who beat up cab drivers. These kids on this team are being compared to Stan Mikita! Makes me want to vomit.

Philadelphia is most likely going to put this away as well, and now we have to watch Chris Pronger, and the rest of the thug players on that team.

I would rather watch baby boy in Pittsburgh whine to the refs, then this s***!

This whole situation couldn't have played out worse.

First of all as a dedicated Wings fan now for 26 years, I hate the f***in hawks and their fans. I hate snotty little kids, with mullets, who beat up cab drivers. These kids on this team are being compared to Stan Mikita! Makes me want to vomit.

Philadelphia is most likely going to put this away as well, and now we have to watch Chris Pronger, and the rest of the thug players on that team.

I would rather watch baby boy in Pittsburgh whine to the refs, then this s***!

The lesser of 2 evils right?

It wouldn't be the worst thing if the Flyers were to win the cup. It just sucks because Pronger is on that team now. But he is playing some pretty damn good hockey right now. Like I said before, I hope Jonathan Ericsson is watching or will watch.

I'd rather have the Flyers than the Hawks.

By the way, what about that manbearpig bilboard of Toews and the cup next to him? We'll see how lucky they are I guess.

Yeupp. Anybody else hear the boos early on in the game last night from the Hawks' fans when their beloved team wasn't playing so well? Didn't take much to throw 'em off. Their team is up 3-0 on their opponents. Just not good enough I guess. Too many of their fans have no heart or loyalty. Reminds me a little of some of our "fans" on this board. :ph34r:

I'm STILL rooting for Montreal. Allons, enfants!! :thumbup:

TRUTH. I go to school in indiana and that's all i hear about, it's so annoying.

dude same exact thing with me, i live in indy and there are so many stupid fairweather fans its not even funny. i hope the flyers/canadiens can pull this one out.

All the people saying that it's impossible for the East to win the Cup are probably the same people that were mad at Washington for getting eliminated in the first round because the Penguins would have a cake walk to the SCF's. Heh.

Philly can beat Chicago.

Edited by Broken 16

All the people saying that it's impossible for the East to win the Cup are probably the same people that were mad at Washington for getting eliminated in the first round because the Penguins would have a cake walk to the SCF's. Heh.

Philly can beat Chicago.

any team CAN beat any team in the NHL... unfortunately, the West is simply too strong and Chicago is probably going to cruise to an easy Stanley Cup championship...

any team CAN beat any team in the NHL... unfortunately, the West is simply too strong and Chicago is probably going to cruise to an easy Stanley Cup championship...

Right...

And the Sharks were weaker than the Wings...

and Montreal had no chance against the high powered Capitals in a 7 game series...

and Pittsburgh was gonna ballerina dance into the SCF's...

and Vancouver was the 'Team to Beat' for a while...

and Chicago can't get deep with Huet/Neimi/Cambell...

oh yea, 'The Hossa Curse'...

and Leino sucks...

I like the Flyers' chances. A lot.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Say what you want about Pronger, but success follows him. He may be dirty, but a part of my soul died when he signed that contract with Philly, knowing he would never be a Wing.

Right...

And the Sharks were weaker than the Wings...

and Montreal had no chance against the high powered Capitals in a 7 game series...

and Pittsburgh was gonna ballerina dance into the SCF's...

and Vancouver was the 'Team to Beat' for a while...

and Chicago can't get deep with Huet/Neimi/Cambell...

oh yea, 'The Hossa Curse'...

and Leino sucks...

I like the Flyers' chances. A lot.

Are you sure this reply wasn't meant to someone else's post? I agree they have a chance, I just said they have as good of a chance as anyone, I didn't say it was a lock that Chicago was going to win... I just said it's what I think is PROBABLY(key word) going to happen...

EDIT - Oh and I also still think this play by Leino is an anomaly and a hot streak and that he will come back to earth and play mediocre at best hockey in the NHL over his span in this league.

Edited by stevkrause

West is simply too strong and Chicago is probably going to cruise to an easy Stanley Cup championship...

I was responding to that...

The West was equally stronger than the East last season. The East won the Cup. I flip-flop daily on who I want to win. Just the other day I was saying that I want the Hawks to win. Today, I don't. Go Pronger.

By the way... "Easy Stanley Cup Championship" may be the biggest oxymoron I have ever read.

Edited by Broken 16

I was responding to that...

The West was equally stronger than the East last season. The East won the Cup. I flip-flop daily on who I want to win. Just the other day I was saying that I want the Hawks to win. Today, I don't. Go Pronger.

I don't want either of them to win, I hate them both and am still holding on to a glimmer of hope that Montreal pulls off a miracle comeback, so I actually have a reason to watch the SCF...

The big difference between this year and last, is that Chicago is not beat up like Detroit was last year and they get PLENTY of rest coming off a sweep... I just think the table is set for an easy win for Chicago... once again, I'm not saying it's a lock and I wouldn't be shocked if Philly could pull it off with the way they've been playing and their veteran leadership, it's just honestly what I predict will be the outcome...

By the way... "Easy Stanley Cup Championship" may be the biggest oxymoron I have ever read.

Don't be a jackass... you know what I mean... in context.

Edited by stevkrause

I don't want either of them to win, I hate them both and am still holding on to a glimmer of hope that Montreal pulls off a miracle comeback, so I actually have a reason to watch the SCF...

The big difference between this year and last, is that Chicago is not beat up like Detroit was last year and they get PLENTY of rest coming off a sweep... I just think the table is set for an easy win for Chicago... once again, I'm not saying it's a lock and I wouldn't be shocked if Philly could pull it off with the way they've been playing and their veteran leadership, it's just honestly what I predict will be the outcome...

Rest is overrated in the playoffs, imo. Especially for the Hawks, who aren't really nursing anything major. I hope Montreal wins to extend the series just so the Hawks can sit around and read about how awesome they are.

Don't be a jackass... you know what I mean... in context.

Doesn't matter what you mean... still a huge oxymoron.

Crazy enough, I think the Flyers (or Montreal) will actually have the advantage in this series. They've both had to weather insane offensive teams to get this far (Montreal moreso) and both teams play a stifling defensive system and block a lot of shots. They both clog the game up.

This could easily be another Detroit/New Jersey Finals. Whoever comes out of the East will still have their legs and could easily split in Chicago. If that happens, anything can happen. I think either team coming out of the East will give Chicago fits. Especially the Flyers.

Say what you want about Pronger, but success follows him. He may be dirty, but a part of my soul died when he signed that contract with Philly, knowing he would never be a Wing.

Prongers a huge dude, dont lie, if you were that big what would you do on the ice if you weren't the fastest?

Rest is overrated in the playoffs, imo. Especially for the Hawks, who aren't really nursing anything major. I hope Montreal wins to extend the series just so the Hawks can sit around and read about how awesome they are.

Doesn't matter what you mean... still a huge oxymoron.

Crazy enough, I think the Flyers (or Montreal) will actually have the advantage in this series. They've both had to weather insane offensive teams to get this far (Montreal moreso) and both teams play a stifling defensive system and block a lot of shots. They both clog the game up.

This could easily be another Detroit/New Jersey Finals. Whoever comes out of the East will still have their legs and could easily split in Chicago. If that happens, anything can happen. I think either team coming out of the East will give Chicago fits. Especially the Flyers.

Whats a moreso? Im sure not going to use common sense to figure that out, ill just stir up things because i feel like being a jack ass.

Edited by Puckpossession