• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown4013

This years playoffs

Rate this topic

sick dude!

LOL,but true. Who is a RW fan supposed to cheer for. Chicago? No way- Kane doesnt need a stanley cup to stroke his cab beating, Napolean complexed ego. San Jose? Well, that means I would have to hear Joe Pavalski's name one more time which is enough to force me to turn off the TV. How about Philly? C'me on- I cant root for the scumbag Pronger or his dirty duo teammates, Hartnell and Carcillo. That leaves the Habs.

I'll root for the Habs even though Max Lapierre is clearly a psychopath and Cinderella will never find her shoe.

C'me on October 6th! Thats when the real hockey begins again

LOL,but true. Who is a RW fan supposed to cheer for. Chicago? No way- Kane doesnt need a stanley cup to stroke his cab beating, Napolean complexed ego. San Jose? Well, that means I would have to hear Joe Pavalski's name one more time which is enough to force me to turn off the TV. How about Philly? C'me on- I cant root for the scumbag Pronger or his dirty duo teammates, Hartnell and Carcillo. That leaves the Habs.

I'll root for the Habs even though Max Lapierre is clearly a psychopath and Cinderella will never find her shoe.

C'me on October 6th! Thats when the real hockey begins again

I think we should try and keep it in the Original 6.. GO Chicago! ....

I look at it this way. At least it is not a bunch of Anaheim and New Jersey-like teams left in the chase. 3 of the 4 remaining teams play in markets where hockey is relevant, and 2 of those are very large US markets with huge fan bases and have not won in a long time. If anything, it is a big win for the NHL that does not involve Crosby.

I'm cheeerin for the Hawks. They are the Wings reincarnated. Look down their lineup. They look to me like a wings team from 15 years ago. ALl the pieces and the way they play (puck possession). Honestly, it has Bowman's stamp all over it, too. Seems they took it the next level after Bowman joined their team.

I swear, Bowman is like the god of Hockey. Whereever he goes the team wins cups. Chicago is goin to end their drought.

At least we can still hold it over them that they didn't have to go through us to do it, otherwise they wouldn't be getting their cup ;)

I'm cheeerin for the Hawks. They are the Wings reincarnated. Look down their lineup. They look to me like a wings team from 15 years ago. ALl the pieces and the way they play (puck possession). Honestly, it has Bowman's stamp all over it, too. Seems they took it the next level after Bowman joined their team.

I swear, Bowman is like the god of Hockey. Whereever he goes the team wins cups. Chicago is goin to end their drought.

At least we can still hold it over them that they didn't have to go through us to do it, otherwise they wouldn't be getting their cup ;)

You've got this right on in your assessment this is an eerily similar makeup to the first winning Wings teams of 15 years ago

But we all know with little Gary's parity /salary cap experiment nobody will ever be able to build dominant teams for the long term so all his owner buddies in the poor markets of the US will get a chance to win too via endless free agency and cap , rotating players throughout the league

Yeah, while I was watching Russia vs. Canada a few days ago, I was thinking, you know, this is kind of more fun than the NHL playoffs at this point. Pasha's there, Ovechkin's there, hell, Fedorov's there! Pasha put some awesome moves on Canada, Corey Perry played a good villain as usual, and everybody got into several nice, big pile-ups...good times! Meanwhile, the Hawks are killing the Sharks like they were an 8th-seed team, and the Flyers are beating the only team I wasn't mad at and/or don't generally hate.

So now it's going to be Blackhawks-Flyers (unless something really weird happens)...whoopee. Do I root for the team I have a personal dislike of (the Flyers) or my team's division rival (which also has a couple of guys I personally dislike)? Yeah...I can't wait for next year.

You've got this right on in your assessment this is an eerily similar makeup to the first winning Wings teams of 15 years ago

But we all know with little Gary's parity /salary cap experiment nobody will ever be able to build dominant teams for the long term so all his owner buddies in the poor markets of the US will get a chance to win too via endless free agency and cap , rotating players throughout the league

People in 2004 were saying the cap would sink the Redwings, and look how that turned out.