• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 RainingBlood

RainingBlood

Well thats my momma

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

Whats the record in the NHL for one man being in the finals consecutive years, each year being on a different team. Because Hossa is heading to 3 of them?

#2 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 754 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

Might have to research that one for yourself. Guessing it's a pretty rare occurrence

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#3 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

The turtle did it with New Jersey then Colorado the next year, won it both times, idk about anyone else though.

#4 RainingBlood

RainingBlood

Well thats my momma

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

The turtle did it with New Jersey then Colorado the next year, won it both times, idk about anyone else though.

Ha I forgot about the Turtle.

#5 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

With a different team, I wouldn't know where to begin.

But I believe the overall record for most consecutive is 5 straight, held by 12 different players, all from the Canadiens.

Jean Beliveau, Bernie Geoffrion, Doug Harvey, Tom Johnson, Don Marshall, Dickie Moore, Jacques Plante, Claude Provost, Henri Richard, "Rocket" Richard, Jean-Guy Talbot and Bob Turner were with the Habs when they won the cup 5 times in a row, 1955/1956 to 1959/1960, which is still the longest Cup winning streak in NHL history.

So, if nothing else, Hossa would have to make it this year plus the next two just to tie that streak.

2cwlto0.jpg

#6 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,700 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

Well, we know Conklin did it at the same time as Hossa. Of course, Conk's chances of it happening again this year were much lower than Hossa's at the get-go.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#7 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

But I believe the overall record for most consecutive is 5 straight, held by 12 different players, all from the Canadiens.

Jean Beliveau, Bernie Geoffrion, Doug Harvey, Tom Johnson, Don Marshall, Dickie Moore, Jacques Plante, Claude Provost, Henri Richard, "Rocket" Richard, Jean-Guy Talbot and Bob Turner were with the Habs when they won the cup 5 times in a row, 1955/1956 to 1959/1960, which is still the longest Cup winning streak in NHL history.

So, if nothing else, Hossa would have to make it this year plus the next two just to tie that streak.

It's more interesting here because Hossa is coming up on his 3rd appearence all with different teams.

All I care about is that Hossa loses the Cup three years in a row.

Edit: Just to be clear-- I want Hossa to lose this year because he's a Blackhawk, not because I hate him. I just can't stomach the idea of Chicago having any kind of hockey success.

Edited by Drake_Marcus, 22 May 2010 - 03:05 PM.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#8 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,700 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

Those guys all played with the same team. Has anyone done it 3 years in a row on different teams each time?

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#9 Hockey God

Hockey God

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

cherry did it coaching the Bruins

#10 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:47 PM

I doubt it has ever been done.

Rhett Warrener lost in 3 Finals with 3 different teams, but not consecutively

Let's just hope Hossa loses again. That would be hilarious. He'll probably join the Capitals next year.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#11 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

Didn't look into different teams every year, but Jean Beliveau and Bernie Geoffrion went to 10 straight Finals together with the Habs; matched by Bert Olmstead who played the first 8 with Beliveau and Geoffrion and then played in the next two Finals with Toronto.

I would LOVE to see someone match that streak in today's environment.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#12 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

It's more interesting here because Hossa is coming up on his 3rd appearence all with different teams.

All I care about is that Hossa loses the Cup three years in a row.

Edit: Just to be clear-- I want Hossa to lose this year because he's a Blackhawk, not because I hate him. I just can't stomach the idea of Chicago having any kind of hockey success.

These are my words coming out of your mouth. I'm watching you. <_<
*this space for rent*

#13 PotbellyJoe

PotbellyJoe

Research Ninja

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

The Islander's dynasty went to the finals 5 years in a row too. I'm sure quite a few guys would have gone 5 yrs in a row there too, just not winning 5 in a row. I'm saying this without any research.

#14 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

Maybe Hossa will finally win one because he's committed to a team long term.

#15 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hossa might be a jonah on skates.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#16 RainingBlood

RainingBlood

Well thats my momma

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:22 AM

I don't hate Hossa. I just find it funny how he left pittsburgh who lost to detroit to join the Redwings. He left the redwings to join chicago. Chicago loses to philly in the finals, demands a trade to Philadelphia next season.

#17 GoOzzieGo

GoOzzieGo

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

I don't understand the hate towards Hossa. As far as I know, he didn't demand the trade to Pittsburgh.....went there as a rental and probably didn't like the fit so he came to Detroit at a deep discount. He could have played better for us in the playoffs but for the most part he was a very solid player for us. We simply could not afford him after that or I'm sure he probably would still be here.

Can you fault him for going to a Stanley Cup contender? I would think if given the opportunity, any one of us would choose to go to a winning team instead of a bottom dweller.

#18 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:06 AM

I don't understand the hate towards Hossa. As far as I know, he didn't demand the trade to Pittsburgh.....went there as a rental and probably didn't like the fit so he came to Detroit at a deep discount. He could have played better for us in the playoffs but for the most part he was a very solid player for us. We simply could not afford him after that or I'm sure he probably would still be here.

Can you fault him for going to a Stanley Cup contender? I would think if given the opportunity, any one of us would choose to go to a winning team instead of a bottom dweller.

I don't hate Hossa because he went to the Hawks after he played for us, I hate him for another reason. I hate the Blackhawks and almost everyone who plays for them (I kind of like Toews). Therefore, I hate Hossa.

#19 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

There is hate for Hossa because supporting any Blackhawk player is unethical.

#20 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

There is hate for Hossa because supporting any Blackhawk player is unethical.

You are so wrong! It is way beyond unethical; more like breaking the fundamental laws of nature.