• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RainingBlood

Whats the record in the NHL

Rate this topic

With a different team, I wouldn't know where to begin.

But I believe the overall record for most consecutive is 5 straight, held by 12 different players, all from the Canadiens.

Jean Beliveau, Bernie Geoffrion, Doug Harvey, Tom Johnson, Don Marshall, Dickie Moore, Jacques Plante, Claude Provost, Henri Richard, "Rocket" Richard, Jean-Guy Talbot and Bob Turner were with the Habs when they won the cup 5 times in a row, 1955/1956 to 1959/1960, which is still the longest Cup winning streak in NHL history.

So, if nothing else, Hossa would have to make it this year plus the next two just to tie that streak.

But I believe the overall record for most consecutive is 5 straight, held by 12 different players, all from the Canadiens.

Jean Beliveau, Bernie Geoffrion, Doug Harvey, Tom Johnson, Don Marshall, Dickie Moore, Jacques Plante, Claude Provost, Henri Richard, "Rocket" Richard, Jean-Guy Talbot and Bob Turner were with the Habs when they won the cup 5 times in a row, 1955/1956 to 1959/1960, which is still the longest Cup winning streak in NHL history.

So, if nothing else, Hossa would have to make it this year plus the next two just to tie that streak.

It's more interesting here because Hossa is coming up on his 3rd appearence all with different teams.

All I care about is that Hossa loses the Cup three years in a row.

Edit: Just to be clear-- I want Hossa to lose this year because he's a Blackhawk, not because I hate him. I just can't stomach the idea of Chicago having any kind of hockey success.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Those guys all played with the same team. Has anyone done it 3 years in a row on different teams each time?

Didn't look into different teams every year, but Jean Beliveau and Bernie Geoffrion went to 10 straight Finals together with the Habs; matched by Bert Olmstead who played the first 8 with Beliveau and Geoffrion and then played in the next two Finals with Toronto.

I would LOVE to see someone match that streak in today's environment.

It's more interesting here because Hossa is coming up on his 3rd appearence all with different teams.

All I care about is that Hossa loses the Cup three years in a row.

Edit: Just to be clear-- I want Hossa to lose this year because he's a Blackhawk, not because I hate him. I just can't stomach the idea of Chicago having any kind of hockey success.

These are my words coming out of your mouth. I'm watching you. <_<

The Islander's dynasty went to the finals 5 years in a row too. I'm sure quite a few guys would have gone 5 yrs in a row there too, just not winning 5 in a row. I'm saying this without any research.

I don't hate Hossa. I just find it funny how he left pittsburgh who lost to detroit to join the Redwings. He left the redwings to join chicago. Chicago loses to philly in the finals, demands a trade to Philadelphia next season.

I don't understand the hate towards Hossa. As far as I know, he didn't demand the trade to Pittsburgh.....went there as a rental and probably didn't like the fit so he came to Detroit at a deep discount. He could have played better for us in the playoffs but for the most part he was a very solid player for us. We simply could not afford him after that or I'm sure he probably would still be here.

Can you fault him for going to a Stanley Cup contender? I would think if given the opportunity, any one of us would choose to go to a winning team instead of a bottom dweller.

I don't understand the hate towards Hossa. As far as I know, he didn't demand the trade to Pittsburgh.....went there as a rental and probably didn't like the fit so he came to Detroit at a deep discount. He could have played better for us in the playoffs but for the most part he was a very solid player for us. We simply could not afford him after that or I'm sure he probably would still be here.

Can you fault him for going to a Stanley Cup contender? I would think if given the opportunity, any one of us would choose to go to a winning team instead of a bottom dweller.

I don't hate Hossa because he went to the Hawks after he played for us, I hate him for another reason. I hate the Blackhawks and almost everyone who plays for them (I kind of like Toews). Therefore, I hate Hossa.

There is hate for Hossa because supporting any Blackhawk player is unethical.

You are so wrong! It is way beyond unethical; more like breaking the fundamental laws of nature.

Forgive me if someone has already asked this, but has anyone ever gone to 3 cup Finals in a row with three different teams? And if so, did that person ever win any of them?

Whether or not you like Hossa and his motives in switching teams, it's pretty amazing he keeps going back no matter who he's with.

Some that pop into my mind that made two in a row on separate teams are Cory Stillman (2004 with Tampa, 2006 with Carolina) and Martin Gerber (2006 with Carolina, 2007 with Ottawa). I don't know if anyone has ever made three, though.

Kopecky is the other one. 3X Dont forget him, or doesn't he count? :lol::hehe:

Two teams.

Hossa made it to the finals 2 years ago with Pittsburgh, then last year with Detroit, now this year with Chicago. So, does that make him a good luck charm instead of a curse? Those 3 teams have all had better chances of getting the Cup when he was there compared to the other 28 who were kicked out. I don't know man, but my head is exploding.