• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

GDT - Habs vs Philly

Rate this topic

******* Williams. I blame him for Holland having to waive Leino. Granted he'd probably never play the way he is now if he was still here, but I still hate Williams.

Hmm. I blame Holland for signing Williams in the first place.

Hmm. I blame Holland for signing Williams in the first place.

^^This. Holland is the best GM in the league, but signing Williams was a major blunder, and would have been so even if he had signed him for $1 last summer. By any objective measure, he should have played himself off the team permanently after his clueless, mistake-filled performance in the 2006 playoffs against Edmonton. Hell, Williams couldn't even nail down a roster spot in Atlanta. He had no business ever wearing the Winged Wheel again.

Guest Crymson

******* Williams. I blame him for Holland having to waive Leino. Granted he'd probably never play the way he is now if he was still here, but I still hate Williams.

Leino was traded, not waived.

It's not Holland's style to waive or trade players. He mostly only waives or trades lazy players, and Leino was absolutely lazy while he was here.

Williams was untradeable; he was pretty much useless after he broke his leg, and he was on a one-year contract.