• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hockeymom1960

GDT - Habs vs Philly

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Gill was impressive. I'm not sure I'd have the presence of mind not to grab it. One of a million reasons I'm not in the NHL.

Edited by 55fan

******* Williams. I blame him for Holland having to waive Leino. Granted he'd probably never play the way he is now if he was still here, but I still hate Williams.

Konnan511 and SiLkK19 like this

Chances of Ville doing this well if he was still a Wing?

Habs don't look too hot. Hopes are being flushed down the drain.

I LOVE YOUR SIG!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saying :D

Thanks.

Is anyone else getting sick of hearing Pronger's name? He's today's Sidney.

wingnut22 likes this

Well, short of a Montreal or San Jose miracle..go Flyers.

Unless we have huge upsets, the NHL is going to enjoy solid American TV ratings again with a Chicago-Philly final.

******* Williams. I blame him for Holland having to waive Leino. Granted he'd probably never play the way he is now if he was still here, but I still hate Williams.

Hmm. I blame Holland for signing Williams in the first place.

Hmm. I blame Holland for signing Williams in the first place.

^^This. Holland is the best GM in the league, but signing Williams was a major blunder, and would have been so even if he had signed him for $1 last summer. By any objective measure, he should have played himself off the team permanently after his clueless, mistake-filled performance in the 2006 playoffs against Edmonton. Hell, Williams couldn't even nail down a roster spot in Atlanta. He had no business ever wearing the Winged Wheel again.

SiLkK19 likes this

oh are people jumping back on the leinowagon now

^^This. Holland is the best GM in the league, but signing Williams was a major blunder, and would have been so even if he had signed him for $1 last summer. By any objective measure, he should have played himself off the team permanently after his clueless, mistake-filled performance in the 2006 playoffs against Edmonton. Hell, Williams couldn't even nail down a roster spot in Atlanta. He had no business ever wearing the Winged Wheel again.

My only real knock on Holland is that he appears more comfortable is re-signing guys whom he already knows instead of signing fresh faces ie Bertuzzi, and Williams in favor of someone like Torres, or Moen when he was available last summer (granted would cost more against the cap, but you get the picture).

Leino was traded, not waived.

It's not Holland's style to waive or trade players. He mostly only waives or trades lazy players, and Leino was absolutely lazy while he was here.

Williams was untradeable; he was pretty much useless after he broke his leg, and he was on a one-year contract.