Photo
- - - - -

add speed and grit. 3 guys we should sign.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

sign 3 guys and watch us get back to the cup. frolov,volchenkov and lombardi. all are in their mid 20s young. frolov on a line with datsyuk is deadly. lombardi to boost up our third or fourth line which lacked in scoring this yrs playoff. and obviously volchenkov if nick retires. let holmstrom slow skating penalty eating walk. ive always liked homer but this yr in the playoffs his silly penaltys really cost us some big goals. we need more speed and it showed vs the yotes and sharks. its obivous others teams are catching the wings puck postion ways. chicago which imulates our style along with the sharks have caught us. i think adding these three would upgrade our team speed,grit and scoring. i think holland could get a nice deal cap friendly for a guy like frolov who didnt put up numbers in la like he could here in detroit

Edited by EastonWings, 23 May 2010 - 07:12 PM.

#2 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

sign 3 guys and watch us get back to the cup. frolov,volchenkov and lombardi. all are in their mid 20s young. frolov on a line with datsyuk is deadly. lombardi to boost up our third or fourth line which lacked in scoring this yrs playoff. and obviously volchenkov if nick retires. let holmstrom slow skating penalty eating walk. ive always liked homer but this yr in the playoffs his silly penaltys really cost us some big goals. we need more speed and it showed vs the yotes and sharks. its obivous others teams are catching the wings puck postion ways. chicago which imulates our style along with the sharks have caught us. i think adding these three would upgrade our team speed,grit and scoring. i think holland could get a nice deal cap friendly for a guy like frolov who didnt put up numbers in la like he could here in detroit

Eric Nystrom for the fourth line.Get rid of Lilja and sign Sheldon Brookbank.Ryan Malone adds a little bit of scoring and grit.Lombardi would be okay too.A lot of this depends on what Lidstrom and Holmstrom do.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#3 magicaldatsyuk

magicaldatsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:54 AM

plekanec for bertuzzi

"failing to prepare is the same as preparing for failure."- John Wooden

#4 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

plekanec for bertuzzi

The only problem with Plekanec is his price tag.I'd like to see Owen Nolan on the 3rd line,taking Bertuzzi's place,as Hudler will move to the 2nd line.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#5 Hockey God

Hockey God

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

Zenon Konopka or Aaron Downey and I don't think the Flyers are going to let him go anywhere but of they do Dan Carcillo

#6 Hockey God

Hockey God

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:34 PM

Same thing with the avs and Quincy

#7 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:18 PM

Zenon Konopka or Aaron Downey and I don't think the Flyers are going to let him go anywhere but of they do Dan Carcillo

Konopka would be nice.He's one of the better faceoff guys in the league and he's tough as nails and he's cap friendly :thumbup:

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien