• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Secret

The Curse of Marian Hossa

Rate this topic

haha i really hope the blackhawks lose because i dont want to have to listen to my dad and little brother talk smack to me.

Wow talk about similarities. My dad and little bro are hawks fans too... Although I am from the chicago land area so its hard enough on me having all these idiotic bandwagon fans. I don't care so much that the hawks win because I have seen what my dad and bro have gone through over the years. Conveniently I know a lot about the hawks so I can judge fairly. That city needs to win because next year I don't even see them being a top team again.

The hossa thing is whatever, I think it might be funny, but I don't think he deserves it. He is an exceptional player. Only thing about Hossa that I dislike is the f***ed up contract that was given to him to fudge the numbers on the cap hit. I find that unfair as his .750Mill years would be played 42+ and his 1mill years would be played when he is 40. Very rarely do you find players that play that old and chances are he isn't an exception to that. I guess i should just be mad at the league and the hawks for pulling that and being allowed.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

The blackhawks have such a good team. They wont loose

Correct.

And WTF people? Folks would rather see Pronger and Hartnell win? Not too mention that puke Carcillo? Than to see Hossa/Hawks win.

Look, i'm not a big Hawks fan by nature, but I appreciate the way they play the game. They're extremely talented, they have some of the best players in the game and they have great depth, but they also plug in guys like Eager and Burrish and can play just as nasty and physical as anybody.

I hate the Flyers. I hate their game. I hated their Broad Street Bullies routine. I hate their current team (aside of Mike Richards who I think is awesome).

Pronger and Hartnell are two of the players I hate most in life and will likely always be at the top of my hate list along with guys like Claude Lemieux.

NO FREAKING WAY I want to see the Flyers beat Chicago.

Go Hawks.

PS: Has another player in history ever made it to 3 consecutive Finals with 3 different teams?

as much as I admire Flyers run, it still pains me to think this retarded franchise wins a cup.

and I actually want Hossa to lift the cup finally. he's a great guy and I most certainly wish

him to win the grand prize at last.

it is a little bit pity, though, to see yet another "suck for a number of years and collect high picks"

team succeed and I'd like the league to reconsider draft lottery should the Blackhawks win this year.

I didn't like it for years, because it's artificial parity and plain and simply unfair to good GMs.

but now with (likely) 2 champs winning the cup thanks to years of sucking and having high picks - maybe

the NHL will finally realize this is not parity but giving unfair advantage to bad teams. because

it's not like the Penguins of 2004 or Blackhawks 2006 were so bad to finish at the bottom of the

standings. they did it very much on purpose. and that's unfair

The purpose of the draft lottery is to ward off teams from intentionally tanking. Yes, the worst team gets the best shot at the number 1 pick. But they're not guaranteed a top pick. It seems like the lottery is what keeps teams from tanking.

And there's also no guarantee that the players you draft will ever work out

Marian Hossa has disappeared in the playoffs AGAIN. He has a total of 2 goals in 11 games. If the Hawks win, it will not be because of him. The real curse is that teams waste so much money on a guy that disappears in the playoffs. Now Chicago is stuck with him for the rest of his career. I don't mean to say I told you so but I told you so...

I hate the Hawks with a passion but they built their team with youth and talent, they are gonna be contenders for years. Good luck to them and I hope Hossa can finally lift Lord Stanley. They deserve to be where they're at. With that said I hope the Finals will go 7 games I'd love to see how physical the Flyers (assuming they will close it out tonight) can be against the Hawks especially Kane. By the way does Kane still have that stupid mullet?

They built their team with first round draft picks.

Next year they tank because they have overpaid to many guys and have to have a fire sale. Everybody not named Kane, Hossa, Keith and Toews are gone. They overpaid for Campbell and Huet and are stuck with them. Huet is sitting on the bench collecting $6m per year and Hossa doesn't score in the playoffs.

Contenders for years? Sorry, but this is a one year wonder.

They built their team with first round draft picks.

Next year they tank because they have overpaid to many guys and have to have a fire sale. Everybody not named Kane, Hossa, Keith and Toews are gone. They overpaid for Campbell and Huet and are stuck with them. Huet is sitting on the bench collecting $6m per year and Hossa doesn't score in the playoffs.

Contenders for years? Sorry, but this is a one year wonder.

No need to apologize. I have been thinking that the whole year. And still even with Niemi playing to the level he has, they have a big hole in the net as they have for a while now. He hasn't really at any point impressed me. But they get the Cup this year and end the 49 year drought with ehhh opponents. Hey, I hate the Hawks as much as the next guy and that might be what has blinded me from their performance this year. But no Wings there, who is to say what could have been?

I know alot of people still like hossa, but I'm still feeling sour about him leaving. I would be pretty happy if he lost again, but thats just me :hehe:

I feel the exact same way. I know Hossa's decision was smart for him but it still doesn't make me happy he left haha. I think had we had Hossa we'd be right back in the wcf against chicago again.

The difference between this year and the past two years is that Hossa is not a rental nor a glorified rental. Maybe the Hockey Gods will reward him for finally committing to a team long term.

I don't think it'd be the hockey gods rewarding him. I think it'd be that Chicago has a fine team put together and they have a great chance at winning. But i still think philly can do it. I also hope they can.

I want the Flyers out of the East (despite the gag reflex induced by Pronger), mostly because I don't want les Français getting any more cup wins ahead of us than they already are (yes I am petty enough to want the overall cups won record :) ). As for Marion, Hossa made trade off decisions based on economic climate (not just financial costs but overall opportunity costs, any econ majors feel free to elaborate =P), and seeing as he's still playing and we're not you'd have to say he made good ones.

That said, it's not like the East has much of a shot, but if the Hossa curse stands I will thoroughly enjoy watching the festivities, and will personally deliver a 21 beer salute.

Flyers!

I feel the exact same way!

12 goals in 20 games with Crosby as his centerman.

Slow down Doc... If I didn't know any better, I might think that you think that I think that the Hossa curse is real. I know you love to argue over anything, but I'm not really game on this one. I'll be sure to add sarcasm tags in the future to make it less confusing for you.

Edited by Broken 16

Slow down Doc... If I didn't know any better, I might think that you think that I think that the Hossa curse is real. I know you love to argue over anything, but I'm not really game on this one. I'll be sure to add sarcasm tags in the future to make it less confusing for you.

I made a simple comment to your "sarcastic" post. Boo hoo.

If you can't handle that then maybe you should put me on ignore.

Oh wait, I forgot I just love to "argue". :rolleyes: I thought this was a discussion board. My mistake.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I made a simple comment to your "sarcastic" post. Boo hoo.

If you can't handle that then maybe you should put me on ignore.

Oh wait, I forgot I just love to "argue". :rolleyes: I thought this was a discussion board. My mistake.

Actually, you made a sarcastic comment to my sarcastic post... since we are splitting hairs and I have a few minutes.

And since we are going to delve into the past, I'm glad we took Franzen over Hossa. But not because of any silly curse.

Actually, you made a sarcastic comment to my sarcastic post... since we are splitting hairs and I have a few minutes.

And since we are going to delve into the past, I'm glad we took Franzen over Hossa. But not because of any silly curse.

I'm also glad we took Franzen over Hossa. Injury or not I think he underacheived and this postseason is another example of that.

I'm also glad we took Franzen over Hossa. Injury or not I think he underacheived and this postseason is another example of that.

Honestly... I think the pressure is getting to him. I remember seeing him against us in the Finals and thinking he was the best player on the ice. I've always liked him. And I was beyond happy when he signed here. I'm really starting to think that this whole playoff thing is just a monkey on his back.

I mean, think about it, he's averaging around .75 ppg in the playoffs for his career (not bad). We all know that he has strong two-way skills. I'm almost starting to think that he is just gripping the stick a little too tightly in the playoffs since he left the Penguins. Maybe his psyche is out of wack?

Honestly... I think the pressure is getting to him. I remember seeing him against us in the Finals and thinking he was the best player on the ice. I've always liked him. And I was beyond happy when he signed here. I'm really starting to think that this whole playoff thing is just a monkey on his back.

I mean, think about it, he's averaging around .75 ppg in the playoffs for his career (not bad). We all know that he has strong two-way skills. I'm almost starting to think that he is just gripping the stick a little too tightly in the playoffs since he left the Penguins. Maybe his psyche is out of wack?

Possibly. Never really thought about his psyche in regards to his performance.

I am sure he will be jumping for joy if/when he gets to hoist that cup in a couple weeks.

That pretty much the only reason I would be rooting for Chicago. Just to give Hossa that cup after all the heartbreak he has been through.

Tell that to Crosby.

GMR: Did Sandstrom not deserve his cup ring for his 0 goals on a line with Steve Yzerman in 1997?

Sandstrom wasn't a star player that was going Cup hunting with different teams every year.

As a star player, Hossa doesn't deserve the Cup. He disappears in big games.

I have a question on Hossa's contract. Since he will make 7,900,000 a year until 2016-17 then he'll make around 4 mil then it's 1 mil after that for the remainder of his contract, does the 35+ thing come into effect or does that only count when you are 35+ and sign a contract? So my main question really i guess is say he retires in 2017-18 when he's gettin paid 1 mil and his cap hit is 5 million and whatever, does that cap hit still apply the the hawks?