• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Secret

The Curse of Marian Hossa

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli

I really hope he tears it up in the Final because Lord knows even if he does win it, people on here will continue to say how he didn't earn it. I hope he gets handed the Cup first. That's what would have happened last year.

why would Lidstrom hand the cup to Hossa first?

The 2nd guy to get the Cup hasn't really mattered since Vladi got it back in 98. So in short... Who cares if Toews hands it to Hossa 2nd? Maybe just maybe he will give it to Brent Sopel. Doesn't matter imo and people wanting that are just dying for something to cheer for in this finals. That said Go Flyers! Mike Richards is a beast.

why would Lidstrom hand the cup to Hossa first?

1) Beating his previous team after putting his reputation on the line to play for the Wings

2) Winning his first Cup

3) Who else would he give it to?

1) Beating his previous team after putting his reputation on the line to play for the Wings

2) Winning his first Cup

3) Who else would he give it to?

any of the other captains. It's not like dallas drake where he was at the end of his career and hadn't won yet.

Im definately not a hossa hater, i loved him when he was with the wings and didnt have any hard feelings when he left. But come on, when in any sport, has a player made the finals 3 straight years, with three different teams, and lost each time?

I'll be rooting for the Flyers, not only to see this happen, but because i really just hate the hawks.

But come on, when in any sport, has a player made the finals 3 straight years, with three different teams, and lost each time?

That's exactly why I'm rooting for him. If that was you, how heart breaking would it be to come so close so many times and fail? I get upset when my card is picked 2nd in apples to apples. :hehe: I can't imagine how heart breaking it would be for it to be something you've chased your whole life.

Don't exactly know why there's such a difference between the way he produces in the regular season and playoffs. Does he need to learn to play with more pressure / less space or what?

They had a quote from him how he was frustrated he wasn't scoring so he's been working on his defensive end more I guess. And he's always been a great backchecker.

They had a quote from him how he was frustrated he wasn't scoring so he's been working on his defensive end more I guess. And he's always been a great backchecker.

For his salary he should really score more points.

I know alot of people still like hossa, but I'm still feeling sour about him leaving. I would be pretty happy if he lost again, but thats just me :hehe:

Grammar correction: "Feel" is a Stative Verb and cannot be used in the Continuous/Progressive Tense, so maybe you still feel sour about him leaving!

His departure was a mutual decision. Due to salary cap constraints his stay on the Wings might have necessitated dropping two or even three players!

Oh, and "alot" is two words: a lot

However I'll be rooting for Philadelphia too, because: 1) They've never won a Stanley Cup before; and 2) Their comeback after being 0-3 in the first round, deserves being the Cup winner.

This morning TSN did a story on Hossa. Two things gleaned from it:

1) They used a term I had never heard before: "top nine". I think they were being polite instead of saying "bottom six" and

2) During the locker room interview with him, as he sat in front of his stall, on the right side of the screen his cup and jock were hanging. Before you ask...Jofa.

I'm from Chicago, and I can't stand all these f***in Fair Weather fans, and I hope that the Goat, Hossa chokes again. If he would of shown up for us, we would have Back to Back Cups! And go eat a Fat Burger, Thuglien.

Forgive me for the lack of photoshop skills, but I have wanted to do this for a very long time...

The Curse of Marian Hossa

post-18709-12758482468504_thumb.jpg

You mean your MSpaint skills? :P

But seriously, how can you hate this guy, he is a classiest guys out there. Because he decided not to play for peanuts, which is what Wings could only afford?