• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Secret

The Curse of Marian Hossa

Rate this topic

Where did he say that? He had surgery and was out of half of the next season, of course he was injured.

Holland definitely said that. I read it on the Snapshots blog around the time the injury was reveled. Note that Hossa doesn't live in a special protective bubble during the offseason ;)

He faked that surgury i guessrolleyes.gif

Derp. Because the only time he could've been injured was in the Finals with the Wings. :rolleyes:

Holland definitely said that. I read it on the Snapshots blog around the time the injury was reveled. Note that Hossa doesn't live in a special protective bubble during the offseason ;)

Derp. Because the only time he could've been injured was in the Finals with the Wings. :rolleyes:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2009/07/red_wings_gm_ken_holland_says_1.html

"He was hurt before he got to us,'' Holland said. "Our doctors looked at him and we had conversations about whether to have surgery. Our doctors recommended he should have something done at some point but it's something he can play with.''

The Great Marian Hossa Debate will never end. He will never do enough in the future and has not done enough in the past to earn the respect of bitter/fair weather fans. But it can no longer be said that he will never win a Cup. He's played so much hockey over the last 3 years, he's been very polite and gracious when answering questions about his previous losses, and if he didn't show up on the score sheet he still helped out his team. He earned this Cup and more than deserved it. :thumbup:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I never believed there was a curse... unless of course it was the Ty Conklin/Winter Classic one :hehe:

The Great Marian Hossa Debate will never end. He will never do enough in the future and has not done enough in the past to earn the respect of bitter/fair weather fans. But it can no longer be said that he will never win a Cup. He's played so much hockey over the last 3 years, he's been very polite and gracious when answering questions about his previous losses, and if he didn't show up on the score sheet he still helped out his team. He earned this Cup and more than deserved it. :thumbup:

Kinda hard for him to get a decent fan base when he is on a different team every year. :P

Hossa needs to thank his teammates for winning him the Cup. I am sure that he played his best, but I bet that Chicago would of liked to have gotten more production out of him.But since the team won, no one will focus on that.

The one thing that does puzzle me is, how come he played so good for Pittsburgh in the playoffs but did not do much for Detroit or Chicago?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

The one thing that does puzzle me is, how come he played so good for Pittsburgh in the playoffs but did not do much for Detroit or Chicago?

I have a crazy theory on this subject. Maybe, just maybe a healthy Crosby >>> a injured Datsyuk, Filppula, and whatever scrub was centering him and Kopecky. I know,I know "Crosby Sucks LOL", but serious, is it really fair to compare point totals?

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Maybe, just maybe a healthy Crosby >>> a injured Datsyuk, Filppula, and whatever scrub was centering him and Kopecky.

So does this mean that Hossa himself is not that good of a player and that he himself cannot elevate his play to a higher level? If this is true, then I think that he is overpaid.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

So does this mean that Hossa himself is not that good of a player and that he himself cannot elevate his play to a higher level? If this is true, then I think that he is overpaid.

I wouldn't necessarily say that, I was just pointing out it is illogical to think Hossa would put up the same numbers with the linemates and minutes he has been given the past two seasons. I really don't feel he is playing that much below the level of what he did in Pittsburgh in every faucet of the game except the score sheet, and that is basically a product of the Wing's and Hawk's system in depth. With that being said, I would not be suprised to see him have a very good season next year, when he will probably be placed with either 1 of Kane or Toews.

In short Hossa was moreso underused than overpaid this year, mainly due to Chicago's depth. I feel it is unfair to compare the points he put up while playing big minutes with Crosby vs competition like the Ottawa Senators, vs the points he put up on 3 minutes less a night with a far inferior line and tougher defensive opponents.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I have a crazy theory on this subject. Maybe, just maybe a healthy Crosby >>> a injured Datsyuk, Filppula, and whatever scrub was centering him and Kopecky. I know,I know "Crosby Sucks LOL", but serious, is it really fair to compare point totals?

Dave Bolland and Jonathan Toews?

I maintain that he just put to much pressure on himself last year. Aside from the fact that he was playing injured, it has to get in your head that you're playing your former team. All the, 'did you make the right decision?' questions out there have to play with your psyche.

Regardless, the 'curse' is now over. I was really happy to see Hossa be the first person Toews sought out.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Any list of the best two-way players in the game will have names like Datsyuk, Zetterberg AND Marian Hossa on it.

Did you watch any of the games? He didn't score much but he was very good off the puck. He was excellent defensively, he hustled all over the ice and when he got the puck in the offensive zone the Flyers just couldn't get it away from him. He's so big and strong and talented that pretty much any team in the league would take him in a heartbeat.

Your letting your emotions cloud your judgment.

Yay for you hoseass! You finally leeched your way to a cup on your third try!

Go go s***town on your long ass contract for a underperformer, better you than us!

Better they won the cup than us? Yeah, ok. Good one. You really burned the Hawks with that gem.

Hossa needs to thank his teammates for winning him the Cup. I am sure that he played his best, but I bet that Chicago would of liked to have gotten more production out of him.But since the team won, no one will focus on that.

Put anybody on wing with Crosby and their game will improve. 1 good playoff year. So what. You have to look at all the playoff years. Hossa's ppg average in playoffs is SIGNICANTLY lower than his reqular season numbers. I am glad we didn't re-sign him.