• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Secret

The Curse of Marian Hossa

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I wish Hossa had won the Cup as a Wing but good for him. Finally. ;)

Moving on now... healthy Wings in 2011 = Cup.

Now you're being very naive here

I'd rather Hossa win then Pronger or the Sharks. I've lived in San Jose and used to like them, but over time they annoy me more and more for a team that never won the Cup to have more and more of an attitude. Another upside besides Hossa over Pronger is now the Leafs have gone the longest w/o a Cup. One of the few I'd rather say that about then the Hawks...

Any list of the best two-way players in the game will have names like Datsyuk, Zetterberg AND Marian Hossa on it.

Did you watch any of the games? He didn't score much but he was very good off the puck. He was excellent defensively, he hustled all over the ice and when he got the puck in the offensive zone the Flyers just couldn't get it away from him. He's so big and strong and talented that pretty much any team in the league would take him in a heartbeat.

Your letting your emotions cloud your judgment.

How much would you pay for a solid defensive forward?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Dave Bolland and Jonathan Toews?

I maintain that he just put to much pressure on himself last year. Aside from the fact that he was playing injured, it has to get in your head that you're playing your former team. All the, 'did you make the right decision?' questions out there have to play with your psyche.

Regardless, the 'curse' is now over. I was really happy to see Hossa be the first person Toews sought out.

You only watched the Finals didn't you... and even if he the majority of minutes with those two, it is an unfair comparison. I like Toews far more than Crosby, but Crosby is leaps and bounds ahead of Toews in term of point production at this respective stage.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

You only watched the Finals didn't you... and even if he the majority of minutes with those two, it is an unfair comparison. I like Toews far more than Crosby, but Crosby is leaps and bounds ahead of Toews in term of point production at this respective stage.

The second Crosby can step on the ice during any PK time is the split second I can give a s*** about these 2 being compared. Crosby cannot play both ends, its fact. Gretzky's point totals are definitely sickening but I would never consider him the best ever.

Edited by HankthaTank

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

The second Crosby can step on the ice during any PK time is the split second I can give a s*** about these 2 being compared. Crosby cannot play both ends, its fact. Gretzky's point totals are definitely sickening but I would never consider him the best ever.

I'm sorry, were we arguing about two-way capability? No? Then your point is moot. We're talking about sole point production, in which Toews cannot compete with Crosby at this time. This is more of a fact which can actually be supported easily through stats, unlike your supposed "Crosby can't play two ways" one, which is untrue. Toews is a far better two-way player than Crosby, but Crosby is at the very least average defensively at this point and time. I'm not a Crosby lover, I am just saying the truth. I suggest you read the previous posts which lead up to the one you quoted so you can get a fuller understanding of what we were really arguing, as you seem to be lost.

I'm sorry, were we arguing about two-way capability? No? Then your point is moot. We're talking about sole point production, in which Toews cannot compete with Crosby at this time. This is more of a fact which can actually be supported easily through stats, unlike your supposed "Crosby can't play two ways" one, which is untrue. Toews is a far better two-way player than Crosby, but Crosby is at the very least average defensively at this point and time. I'm not a Crosby lover, I am just saying the truth. I suggest you read the previous posts which lead up to the one you quoted so you can get a fuller understanding of what we were really arguing, as you seem to be lost.

blink.gif yep I sure get that a lot. Went back to look at any posts that brought up point production aside from the last one you made. I saw none. Regardless, Crosby does not play 2 ways and its in no way bashing him and hurting the feelings of the Carmans of the board here but he just doesn't. Logs no PK time and Toews gets it done. Guess I am lost but again I never once FOUND a point you were attempting to make chicken little.

rolleyes.gif

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

blink.gif yep I sure get that a lot. Went back to look at any posts that brought up point production aside from the last one you made. I saw none. Regardless, Crosby does not play 2 ways and its in no way bashing him and hurting the feelings of the Carmans of the board here but he just doesn't. Logs no PK time and Toews gets it done. Guess I am lost but again I never once FOUND a point you were attempting to make chicken little.

rolleyes.gif

Seeing as the whole topic was Hossa's point production the last two playoffs, I really thought that Two-Way Ability would be underlooked. I guess I was wrong, as you somehow seem to think that this helps him put up points... it doesn't. Putting a eye rolling smiley face dosen't make you right.

Seeing as the whole topic was Hossa's point production the last two playoffs, I really thought that Two-Way Ability would be underlooked. I guess I was wrong, as you somehow seem to think that this helps him put up points... it doesn't. Putting a eye rolling smiley face dosen't make you right.

You were the last picked at kickball weren't you?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

You were the last picked at kickball weren't you?

Yeah I was. But being picked 26th in the Batnam Draft made up for it.

Get over yourself.

Now there is the old Doc we all know and love.... unless of course you mean to quote me.

Crosby actually does play on the PK in critical situations.

It's just his abilities are much better used on the offensive, and Pittsburgh has plenty of very good depth players that can effectively kill penalites.

You do realize that Crosby averaged more PK time per game this season than Datsyuk did right?

Since when did the amount of PK time become the sole determining factor of someone's two-way ability anyway?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Crosby actually does play on the PK in critical situations.

It's just his abilities are much better used on the offensive, and Pittsburgh has plenty of very good depth players that can effectively kill penalites.

You do realize that Crosby averaged more PK time per game this season than Datsyuk did right?

Since when did the amount of PK time become the sole determining factor of someone's two-way ability anyway?

Since Z and D for the C argued that was what made Frolov a far greater defensive player than Hossa :lol:

Hossa might be a nice guy and all - but after his no-show act in the finals three years in a row - can't say he deserves to win it. You can bank he'll be invisible now for the next 11 years as well....

Then again there are probably alot of guys that are much bigger dicks that have their name on their - I can think of a few. Might make a good off season topic...