• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Secret

The Curse of Marian Hossa

Rate this topic

This is the Hawk's year to win. If they don't win it this year they will be screwed, with all of the big contracts that kick in next season. They will be over the cap with only 14 players signed next season :scared:

If there's one team that can take out the Hawks now it's the Flyers. For once in my life I actually want to see Pronger's team to win.

Philly > MTL

I think Philly can pull up an upset against Chicago, there defense is incredible specially at blocking shots.

as much as I admire Flyers run, it still pains me to think this retarded franchise wins a cup.

and I actually want Hossa to lift the cup finally. he's a great guy and I most certainly wish

him to win the grand prize at last.

it is a little bit pity, though, to see yet another "suck for a number of years and collect high picks"

team succeed and I'd like the league to reconsider draft lottery should the Blackhawks win this year.

I didn't like it for years, because it's artificial parity and plain and simply unfair to good GMs.

but now with (likely) 2 champs winning the cup thanks to years of sucking and having high picks - maybe

the NHL will finally realize this is not parity but giving unfair advantage to bad teams. because

it's not like the Penguins of 2004 or Blackhawks 2006 were so bad to finish at the bottom of the

standings. they did it very much on purpose. and that's unfair

The "curse" will be broken this year. Chicago will take the Cup in 4, maybe 5 games. They're so far ahead of Philly and Montreal it's not even funny.

I find it funny that Hossa is repeating his playoff performance from last year though.. he only has 2 goals and 11 points, causing him to get some criticism, but at the same time just like he did for us he's playing good hockey. You can bet that if by some freak accident Chicago loses the final he will be just as hated as he is around here for not doing more.

I Hate the BlackHawks.... So I am invoking the curse!

I want the Flyers out of the East (despite the gag reflex induced by Pronger), mostly because I don't want les Français getting any more cup wins ahead of us than they already are (yes I am petty enough to want the overall cups won record :) ). As for Marion, Hossa made trade off decisions based on economic climate (not just financial costs but overall opportunity costs, any econ majors feel free to elaborate =P), and seeing as he's still playing and we're not you'd have to say he made good ones.

That said, it's not like the East has much of a shot, but if the Hossa curse stands I will thoroughly enjoy watching the festivities, and will personally deliver a 21 beer salute.

Flyers!

Sorry, the curse is Conklin's, not Hossa's. Hossa's only been in 2 lost SCF (where Conklin was present in both).

On the other hand, in the past 4 years, Conklin has been involved in:

SCF loss

SCF loss

ECF loss

SCF loss

No Conklin... Hawks take this, imo.

Edited by Datsyerberger

if the hawks lose the finals to the east I will laugh so hard. i hope this curse keeps going strong!

No kidding. I got nothing against Hossa in the grand scheme of things but I'll be laughing inside if he loses a 3rd year in a row with a different team. How much bad luck can you get if that happens?

most retarded thread ever posted.

Why so?

I have no problem with Hawks winning it all this season. They play outstanding hockey and actually remind me DRW back in 2007 and 2008. Flyers are a bit similar so I'm expecting a great SCF.

Sorry, the curse is Conklin's, not Hossa's. Hossa's only been in 2 lost SCF (where Conklin was present in both).

On the other hand, in the past 4 years, Conklin has been involved in:

SCF loss

SCF loss

ECF loss

SCF loss

No Conklin... Hawks take this, imo.

On the other hand- the Hawks have Kopecky.

2007- WCF- broken clavicle

2008- SCF- MCL

2009- SCF- broken face

The team he has been on has been to the WFC and beyond for 4 years now, and this is the first time he has been on the ice.

Curse or curse breaker? Only time will tell.

Edited by 55fan

I have nothing against Hossa and there are a few Hawks that I like even, I just think it would be way too funny to see Hossa "going where he has the best chance" for the 3rd consecutive time and blowing it... that and it will make me sick to see a db like Kane hoist the Cup!

I think the Hossa curse is alive and well and the big D in Philly are going knock the little white mouthpiece out of Kanes big yapper!

I hate the Hawks with a passion but they built their team with youth and talent, they are gonna be contenders for years. Good luck to them and I hope Hossa can finally lift Lord Stanley. They deserve to be where they're at. With that said I hope the Finals will go 7 games I'd love to see how physical the Flyers (assuming they will close it out tonight) can be against the Hawks especially Kane. By the way does Kane still have that stupid mullet?