• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:20 AM

Sorry, the curse is Conklin's, not Hossa's. Hossa's only been in 2 lost SCF (where Conklin was present in both).

On the other hand, in the past 4 years, Conklin has been involved in:

SCF loss
SCF loss
ECF loss
SCF loss

No Conklin... Hawks take this, imo.

On the other hand- the Hawks have Kopecky.
2007- WCF- broken clavicle
2008- SCF- MCL
2009- SCF- broken face

The team he has been on has been to the WFC and beyond for 4 years now, and this is the first time he has been on the ice.

Curse or curse breaker? Only time will tell.

Edited by 55fan, 24 May 2010 - 06:21 AM.

#22 magicaldatsyuk

magicaldatsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:45 AM

haha i really hope the blackhawks lose because i dont want to have to listen to my dad and little brother talk smack to me.

"failing to prepare is the same as preparing for failure."- John Wooden

#23 Hockey God

Hockey God

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:32 AM

U would think he would really want the cup this year after losing it two years in a row but he's doing even worse this year than last year

#24 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

I have nothing against Hossa and there are a few Hawks that I like even, I just think it would be way too funny to see Hossa "going where he has the best chance" for the 3rd consecutive time and blowing it... that and it will make me sick to see a db like Kane hoist the Cup!

I think the Hossa curse is alive and well and the big D in Philly are going knock the little white mouthpiece out of Kanes big yapper!

#25 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:23 AM

I hate the Hawks with a passion but they built their team with youth and talent, they are gonna be contenders for years. Good luck to them and I hope Hossa can finally lift Lord Stanley. They deserve to be where they're at. With that said I hope the Finals will go 7 games I'd love to see how physical the Flyers (assuming they will close it out tonight) can be against the Hawks especially Kane. By the way does Kane still have that stupid mullet?

#26 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

haha i really hope the blackhawks lose because i dont want to have to listen to my dad and little brother talk smack to me.

Wow talk about similarities. My dad and little bro are hawks fans too... Although I am from the chicago land area so its hard enough on me having all these idiotic bandwagon fans. I don't care so much that the hawks win because I have seen what my dad and bro have gone through over the years. Conveniently I know a lot about the hawks so I can judge fairly. That city needs to win because next year I don't even see them being a top team again.

The hossa thing is whatever, I think it might be funny, but I don't think he deserves it. He is an exceptional player. Only thing about Hossa that I dislike is the f***ed up contract that was given to him to fudge the numbers on the cap hit. I find that unfair as his .750Mill years would be played 42+ and his 1mill years would be played when he is 40. Very rarely do you find players that play that old and chances are he isn't an exception to that. I guess i should just be mad at the league and the hawks for pulling that and being allowed.

#27 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:57 AM

The blackhawks have such a good team. They wont loose

Correct.

And WTF people? Folks would rather see Pronger and Hartnell win? Not too mention that puke Carcillo? Than to see Hossa/Hawks win.

Look, i'm not a big Hawks fan by nature, but I appreciate the way they play the game. They're extremely talented, they have some of the best players in the game and they have great depth, but they also plug in guys like Eager and Burrish and can play just as nasty and physical as anybody.

I hate the Flyers. I hate their game. I hated their Broad Street Bullies routine. I hate their current team (aside of Mike Richards who I think is awesome).

Pronger and Hartnell are two of the players I hate most in life and will likely always be at the top of my hate list along with guys like Claude Lemieux.

NO FREAKING WAY I want to see the Flyers beat Chicago.

Go Hawks.

PS: Has another player in history ever made it to 3 consecutive Finals with 3 different teams?
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#28 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:23 AM

as much as I admire Flyers run, it still pains me to think this retarded franchise wins a cup.
and I actually want Hossa to lift the cup finally. he's a great guy and I most certainly wish
him to win the grand prize at last.

it is a little bit pity, though, to see yet another "suck for a number of years and collect high picks"
team succeed and I'd like the league to reconsider draft lottery should the Blackhawks win this year.
I didn't like it for years, because it's artificial parity and plain and simply unfair to good GMs.
but now with (likely) 2 champs winning the cup thanks to years of sucking and having high picks - maybe
the NHL will finally realize this is not parity but giving unfair advantage to bad teams. because
it's not like the Penguins of 2004 or Blackhawks 2006 were so bad to finish at the bottom of the
standings. they did it very much on purpose. and that's unfair

The purpose of the draft lottery is to ward off teams from intentionally tanking. Yes, the worst team gets the best shot at the number 1 pick. But they're not guaranteed a top pick. It seems like the lottery is what keeps teams from tanking.

And there's also no guarantee that the players you draft will ever work out
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#29 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

Marian Hossa has disappeared in the playoffs AGAIN. He has a total of 2 goals in 11 games. If the Hawks win, it will not be because of him. The real curse is that teams waste so much money on a guy that disappears in the playoffs. Now Chicago is stuck with him for the rest of his career. I don't mean to say I told you so but I told you so...
Do or do not. There is no try

#30 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

I hate the Hawks with a passion but they built their team with youth and talent, they are gonna be contenders for years. Good luck to them and I hope Hossa can finally lift Lord Stanley. They deserve to be where they're at. With that said I hope the Finals will go 7 games I'd love to see how physical the Flyers (assuming they will close it out tonight) can be against the Hawks especially Kane. By the way does Kane still have that stupid mullet?

They built their team with first round draft picks.

Next year they tank because they have overpaid to many guys and have to have a fire sale. Everybody not named Kane, Hossa, Keith and Toews are gone. They overpaid for Campbell and Huet and are stuck with them. Huet is sitting on the bench collecting $6m per year and Hossa doesn't score in the playoffs.

Contenders for years? Sorry, but this is a one year wonder.
Do or do not. There is no try

#31 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

NEVER thought id say this.. but go pronger

#32 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

NEVER thought id say this.. but go pronger

I know same here.It makes me feel like i'm cheating on Detroit.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#33 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

most retarded thread ever posted.

My dad could make a better post.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#34 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:25 PM

The only curse attached to Hossa is the curse of him not scoring goals when his team makes the playoffs.

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,827 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

He doesn't deserve the Cup based on the way he's played.

The only time in his career he had a great playoff was for the Pens in 2008.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#36 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

He doesn't deserve the Cup based on the way he's played.

The only time in his career he had a great playoff was for the Pens in 2008.

My worst nightmare is Patrick Kane then Marian Hossa skating with the Cup and then passing it along to Dustin Byfuglien.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#37 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

The only curse attached to Hossa is the curse of him not scoring goals when his team makes the playoffs.

Tell that to Crosby.

GMR: Did Sandstrom not deserve his cup ring for his 0 goals on a line with Steve Yzerman in 1997?

Posted Image

#38 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

They built their team with first round draft picks.

Next year they tank because they have overpaid to many guys and have to have a fire sale. Everybody not named Kane, Hossa, Keith and Toews are gone. They overpaid for Campbell and Huet and are stuck with them. Huet is sitting on the bench collecting $6m per year and Hossa doesn't score in the playoffs.

Contenders for years? Sorry, but this is a one year wonder.

No need to apologize. I have been thinking that the whole year. And still even with Niemi playing to the level he has, they have a big hole in the net as they have for a while now. He hasn't really at any point impressed me. But they get the Cup this year and end the 49 year drought with ehhh opponents. Hey, I hate the Hawks as much as the next guy and that might be what has blinded me from their performance this year. But no Wings there, who is to say what could have been?
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#39 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:45 PM

Tell that to Crosby.

Why?

#40 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

I know alot of people still like hossa, but I'm still feeling sour about him leaving. I would be pretty happy if he lost again, but thats just me :hehe:

I feel the exact same way. I know Hossa's decision was smart for him but it still doesn't make me happy he left haha. I think had we had Hossa we'd be right back in the wcf against chicago again.

The difference between this year and the past two years is that Hossa is not a rental nor a glorified rental. Maybe the Hockey Gods will reward him for finally committing to a team long term.

I don't think it'd be the hockey gods rewarding him. I think it'd be that Chicago has a fine team put together and they have a great chance at winning. But i still think philly can do it. I also hope they can.

I want the Flyers out of the East (despite the gag reflex induced by Pronger), mostly because I don't want les Franšais getting any more cup wins ahead of us than they already are (yes I am petty enough to want the overall cups won record :) ). As for Marion, Hossa made trade off decisions based on economic climate (not just financial costs but overall opportunity costs, any econ majors feel free to elaborate =P), and seeing as he's still playing and we're not you'd have to say he made good ones.

That said, it's not like the East has much of a shot, but if the Hossa curse stands I will thoroughly enjoy watching the festivities, and will personally deliver a 21 beer salute.

Flyers!

I feel the exact same way!