• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#101 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

I really hope he tears it up in the Final because Lord knows even if he does win it, people on here will continue to say how he didn't earn it. I hope he gets handed the Cup first. That's what would have happened last year.

why would Lidstrom hand the cup to Hossa first?
  • Ram likes this

Posted Image

#102 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:54 PM

The 2nd guy to get the Cup hasn't really mattered since Vladi got it back in 98. So in short... Who cares if Toews hands it to Hossa 2nd? Maybe just maybe he will give it to Brent Sopel. Doesn't matter imo and people wanting that are just dying for something to cheer for in this finals. That said Go Flyers! Mike Richards is a beast.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#103 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

why would Lidstrom hand the cup to Hossa first?

1) Beating his previous team after putting his reputation on the line to play for the Wings
2) Winning his first Cup
3) Who else would he give it to?
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#104 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

1) Beating his previous team after putting his reputation on the line to play for the Wings
2) Winning his first Cup

Downey
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#105 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

Kane will probably throw a hissy fit if he gets shortchanged, and doesn't get the cup second.

I can see Campbell, Kane, Keith, or Hossa getting handed the cup from Toews.

#106 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:19 PM

2) Winning his first Cup

any of the other captains. It's not like dallas drake where he was at the end of his career and hadn't won yet.

#107 wmubronco420

wmubronco420

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:52 PM

Im definately not a hossa hater, i loved him when he was with the wings and didnt have any hard feelings when he left. But come on, when in any sport, has a player made the finals 3 straight years, with three different teams, and lost each time?

I'll be rooting for the Flyers, not only to see this happen, but because i really just hate the hawks.

Posted Image

#108 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

hossa can go die

and lose in the finals for the third year in a row
To whom much is given, much is expected

#109 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:12 PM

But come on, when in any sport, has a player made the finals 3 straight years, with three different teams, and lost each time?

That's exactly why I'm rooting for him. If that was you, how heart breaking would it be to come so close so many times and fail? I get upset when my card is picked 2nd in apples to apples. :hehe: I can't imagine how heart breaking it would be for it to be something you've chased your whole life.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#110 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Don't exactly know why there's such a difference between the way he produces in the regular season and playoffs. Does he need to learn to play with more pressure / less space or what?

#111 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

Don't exactly know why there's such a difference between the way he produces in the regular season and playoffs. Does he need to learn to play with more pressure / less space or what?

They had a quote from him how he was frustrated he wasn't scoring so he's been working on his defensive end more I guess. And he's always been a great backchecker.

#112 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

They had a quote from him how he was frustrated he wasn't scoring so he's been working on his defensive end more I guess. And he's always been a great backchecker.

For his salary he should really score more points.

#113 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

The fewer points he scores the better the Franzen contract looks.

Posted Image

#114 Stu in Israel

Stu in Israel

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:13 AM

I know alot of people still like hossa, but I'm still feeling sour about him leaving. I would be pretty happy if he lost again, but thats just me :hehe:

Grammar correction: "Feel" is a Stative Verb and cannot be used in the Continuous/Progressive Tense, so maybe you still feel sour about him leaving!

His departure was a mutual decision. Due to salary cap constraints his stay on the Wings might have necessitated dropping two or even three players!

Oh, and "alot" is two words: a lot

However I'll be rooting for Philadelphia too, because: 1) They've never won a Stanley Cup before; and 2) Their comeback after being 0-3 in the first round, deserves being the Cup winner.

#115 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:49 AM

I agree, but if he can't find the score sheet at least he's contributing in some way.

#116 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:37 AM

This morning TSN did a story on Hossa. Two things gleaned from it:
1) They used a term I had never heard before: "top nine". I think they were being polite instead of saying "bottom six" and
2) During the locker room interview with him, as he sat in front of his stall, on the right side of the screen his cup and jock were hanging. Before you ask...Jofa.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#117 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

However I'll be rooting for Philadelphia too, because: 1) They've never won a Stanley Cup before...

..Except for the back-to-back Cups the Bullies won.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#118 Wings17

Wings17

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

I'm from Chicago, and I can't stand all these f***in Fair Weather fans, and I hope that the Goat, Hossa chokes again. If he would of shown up for us, we would have Back to Back Cups! And go eat a Fat Burger, Thuglien.

#119 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

If Chicago squanders a 2-0 lead, it will truely be a curse.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#120 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

Posted Image

“Mr. May.” ™

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.