Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

The Curse of Marian Hossa

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#121 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

I think the Winter Classic curse is stronger, so the Flyers are doomed. This makes me sad.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#122 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,624 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

I think the Winter Classic curse is stronger, so the Flyers are doomed. This makes me sad.

Damn, forgot about that one.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#123 gvhockey8

gvhockey8

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

Forgive me for the lack of photoshop skills, but I have wanted to do this for a very long time...

Attached File  goat.jpg   67.7KB   54 downloads

#124 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

i seriously think if he doesn't win the cup this year he will cry out on the ice.

#125 Alexey913

Alexey913

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Forgive me for the lack of photoshop skills, but I have wanted to do this for a very long time...

Attached File  goat.jpg   67.7KB   54 downloads

You mean your MSpaint skills? :P

But seriously, how can you hate this guy, he is a classiest guys out there. Because he decided not to play for peanuts, which is what Wings could only afford?

#126 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:19 PM

You mean your MSpaint skills? :P

But seriously, how can you hate this guy, he is a classiest guys out there. Because he decided not to play for peanuts, which is what Wings could only afford?

He came to a winning roster in Detroit saying that he wanted to win a cup. He took large amounts of money, and used top line minutes and couldn't produce. Maybe he wanted us to carry him to a cup. Or maybe he just sucks. Either way, he's a leach.

Yes, he wasn't terrible. But we had just won the cup and he wanted one. Our roster was fine. I don't hold him solely responsible. But I sure as hell don't like him. And for 7.4 million you'd damn well better do more than "look good". For that sort of money and top line ice time you'd better be scoring.

And for anyone who says he was injured, he got 40 goals during the year with the same injury. He had the injury all year. Besides, this year's playoffs just confirm it. He's sucking it up again.

Edited by Zetts, 06 June 2010 - 02:30 PM.

#127 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hossa, unfortunately, is not a big game player. Keep in mind that in addition to his two SCF losses, he's participated in 12 international events with Slovakia and never won anything. He's got one good playoff run to his name (with Pittsburgh in 08) and a couple of decent ones in Ottawa years and years ago. Apart from that, his performance when it matters most has never been good.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#128 Puckpossession

Puckpossession

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

Hossa, unfortunately, is not a big game player. Keep in mind that in addition to his two SCF losses, he's participated in 12 international events with Slovakia and never won anything. He's got one good playoff run to his name (with Pittsburgh in 08) and a couple of decent ones in Ottawa years and years ago. Apart from that, his performance when it matters most has never been good.

Ye hossa was pretty lethal in those years in ottawa

#129 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

I honestly hold no ill will for the guy for leaving the Wings.

That being said, it would horrifically incredible if the poor guy was on three consecutive teams that lost in the Finals.

Mainly I'm just rooting for Philly because my hatred for the Hawks is greater than my hatred for Philly. Probably because they're in the east and we never see them.

Plus the thought of 20 Cent holding the Cup makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

#130 Puckpossession

Puckpossession

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:28 PM

I honestly hold no ill will for the guy for leaving the Wings.

That being said, it would horrifically incredible if the poor guy was on three consecutive teams that lost in the Finals.

Mainly I'm just rooting for Philly because my hatred for the Hawks is greater than my hatred for Philly. Probably because they're in the east and we never see them.

Plus the thought of 20 Cent holding the Cup makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

He lost against us, then said ''i i cant beat them join em!'' Then he lost with us and was like ''Chicago has a deep team'' and i hope he gets f***ed over again, joins a team to win the cup at the age of 40, loses, retires, and lives his life knowing he is a loser.

Picture how good this will look, hossa losing again, him sitting on the ice, wondering what went wrong, this time he wll probably ball his eyes out

Edited by Puckpossession, 06 June 2010 - 05:29 PM.

#131 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

When he left I didn't blame him, but then finding out that we basically could've afforded him made me mad. The guy is a mercenary.

If he loses this year we may have to put someone on suicide watch.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#132 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:44 PM

He lost against us, then said ''i i cant beat them join em!'' Then he lost with us and was like ''Chicago has a deep team'' and i hope he gets f***ed over again, joins a team to win the cup at the age of 40, loses, retires, and lives his life knowing he is a loser.

Picture how good this will look, hossa losing again, him sitting on the ice, wondering what went wrong, this time he wll probably ball his eyes out

More like "Chicago offered me a better long term deal!"

Get over it, guys. Hossa didn't owe Detroit jack s***.

Posted Image

#133 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

I have mixed feelings about Hossa winning the Cup. If he did not play for Chicago and have Kane as a teammate it would not bother me at all. I was disappointed last year when he did not perform well in the playoffs, but since he is not doing so hot for Chicago, I am okay with it now. I guess the good playoff performance with Pittsburgh was a fluke.

If Hossa finally gets to lift the Stanley Cup I will be happy for him, but seeing Kane lift it will be hard to take. Some may not agree with me, but I believe that anyone who beats up a man old enough to be his grandfather has no right to win the Cup.

#134 Puckpossession

Puckpossession

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

Game 7 OT hossa gets wide open net feed from kane, rings it off the cross bar, philly goes the other way, scores, one shift. Hossa crys, were all happy

#135 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

More like "Chicago offered me a better long term deal!"

Get over it, guys. Hossa didn't owe Detroit jack s***.

I don't think too many people are angry that he didn't re-sign. In fact, I'm quite happy that he didn't. We would have given up depth for a choker.

What a lot more people are angry about is that he came to a winning roster for a cup, took 7.4 million, top line minutes, and didn't play like he deserved either.

Edited by Zetts, 07 June 2010 - 05:25 PM.

#136 HelmerFan

HelmerFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

I don't think too many people are angry that he didn't re-sign. In fact, I'm quite happy that he didn't. We would have given up depth for a choker.

What a lot more people are angry about is that he came to a winning roster for a cup, took 7.4 million, top line minutes, and didn't play like he deserved either.

^^^ This

#137 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

Wasn't for a lack of trying.

Posted Image

#138 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Also took a s*** ton less to come here as well fellas. I realize he just bounces to winners that eventually go on to lose the Finals but, we were all singing a different tune when we got him. Especially when he played the way he did throughout the season and I saw crazy mofo's donning his jersey even though we knew it was for 1 and done, and even the way he was going in the Chicago series right before the Finals. I was at game 5 in the WCF and the guy was pretty close to unstoppable. I think we should all just take it easy on the Hossa hate. I am not a slappy here and I loathe Chicago but there is really nothing in here that has made a ton of sense to do one of these Posted Image if he loses another. The overall consensus to me would make more sense to do one of these Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image if Chicago was to lose out on another. The Hossa part would just make an amazing story that's all. No real gratification comes from it.

Edited by HankthaTank, 08 June 2010 - 03:17 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#139 Joseph Franks

Joseph Franks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

That's why I love forums.

Guy scores 40 goals in the season, leads the team. We lose game 7 overtime of the Stanley Cup Finals, and people talk s*** :)

Sure, lets blame it all on Hossa :)

He's been to the finals 3 times in a row. No Detroit player can lay claim to that :)

What if we had made it to the finals this year....and lost. Guess we'd have to pick someone else to blame :)

Sure, hes been a poor playoff performer the last few years.

But he's in the finals again, and all of our "playoff performers".....are playing nhl 2010 on their playstations.

#140 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

If the Blackhawks win tomorrow, I'm gonna start a thread saying how the curse is lifted and other good things about Hossa. :)
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.