The Curse of Marian Hossa

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#161 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

The Great Marian Hossa Debate will never end. He will never do enough in the future and has not done enough in the past to earn the respect of bitter/fair weather fans. But it can no longer be said that he will never win a Cup. He's played so much hockey over the last 3 years, he's been very polite and gracious when answering questions about his previous losses, and if he didn't show up on the score sheet he still helped out his team. He earned this Cup and more than deserved it. :thumbup:

Kinda hard for him to get a decent fan base when he is on a different team every year. :P

#162 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:25 PM

Hossa needs to thank his teammates for winning him the Cup. I am sure that he played his best, but I bet that Chicago would of liked to have gotten more production out of him.But since the team won, no one will focus on that.

The one thing that does puzzle me is, how come he played so good for Pittsburgh in the playoffs but did not do much for Detroit or Chicago?

#163 HereComeTheHawks

HereComeTheHawks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

Well, I guess it's safe to say that this curse is finally over, right?! :D

#164 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

The one thing that does puzzle me is, how come he played so good for Pittsburgh in the playoffs but did not do much for Detroit or Chicago?

I have a crazy theory on this subject. Maybe, just maybe a healthy Crosby >>> a injured Datsyuk, Filppula, and whatever scrub was centering him and Kopecky. I know,I know "Crosby Sucks LOL", but serious, is it really fair to compare point totals?

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 10 June 2010 - 06:27 AM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#165 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

Maybe, just maybe a healthy Crosby >>> a injured Datsyuk, Filppula, and whatever scrub was centering him and Kopecky.

So does this mean that Hossa himself is not that good of a player and that he himself cannot elevate his play to a higher level? If this is true, then I think that he is overpaid.

#166 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

So does this mean that Hossa himself is not that good of a player and that he himself cannot elevate his play to a higher level? If this is true, then I think that he is overpaid.

I wouldn't necessarily say that, I was just pointing out it is illogical to think Hossa would put up the same numbers with the linemates and minutes he has been given the past two seasons. I really don't feel he is playing that much below the level of what he did in Pittsburgh in every faucet of the game except the score sheet, and that is basically a product of the Wing's and Hawk's system in depth. With that being said, I would not be suprised to see him have a very good season next year, when he will probably be placed with either 1 of Kane or Toews.

In short Hossa was moreso underused than overpaid this year, mainly due to Chicago's depth. I feel it is unfair to compare the points he put up while playing big minutes with Crosby vs competition like the Ottawa Senators, vs the points he put up on 3 minutes less a night with a far inferior line and tougher defensive opponents.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 10 June 2010 - 12:00 AM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#167 #18 the _Hoss_

#18 the _Hoss_

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:28 AM

Posted Image

#168 HereComeTheHawks

HereComeTheHawks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:56 AM

Posted Image

Enough said!! :D

#169 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

I have a crazy theory on this subject. Maybe, just maybe a healthy Crosby >>> a injured Datsyuk, Filppula, and whatever scrub was centering him and Kopecky. I know,I know "Crosby Sucks LOL", but serious, is it really fair to compare point totals?

Dave Bolland and Jonathan Toews?

I maintain that he just put to much pressure on himself last year. Aside from the fact that he was playing injured, it has to get in your head that you're playing your former team. All the, 'did you make the right decision?' questions out there have to play with your psyche.

Regardless, the 'curse' is now over. I was really happy to see Hossa be the first person Toews sought out.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#170 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:43 AM

Yay for you hoseass! You finally leeched your way to a cup on your third try!

Go go s***town on your long ass contract for a underperformer, better you than us!

#171 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

I knew the Winter Classic curse was stronger than the Hosebag curse.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#172 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

Any list of the best two-way players in the game will have names like Datsyuk, Zetterberg AND Marian Hossa on it.

Did you watch any of the games? He didn't score much but he was very good off the puck. He was excellent defensively, he hustled all over the ice and when he got the puck in the offensive zone the Flyers just couldn't get it away from him. He's so big and strong and talented that pretty much any team in the league would take him in a heartbeat.

Your letting your emotions cloud your judgment.

Yay for you hoseass! You finally leeched your way to a cup on your third try!

Go go s***town on your long ass contract for a underperformer, better you than us!

Better they won the cup than us? Yeah, ok. Good one. You really burned the Hawks with that gem.
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#173 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

I'm still extremely disappointed that he s*** the bed here when it mattered most.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#174 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

Enjoy the 1 and done tho. Chicago scares me not especially the fact they have to dump the entire roster. Drought is done with but another could start.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#175 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

Hossa needs to thank his teammates for winning him the Cup. I am sure that he played his best, but I bet that Chicago would of liked to have gotten more production out of him.But since the team won, no one will focus on that.

Put anybody on wing with Crosby and their game will improve. 1 good playoff year. So what. You have to look at all the playoff years. Hossa's ppg average in playoffs is SIGNICANTLY lower than his reqular season numbers. I am glad we didn't re-sign him.
Do or do not. There is no try

#176 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:29 AM

I wish Hossa had won the Cup as a Wing but good for him. Finally. ;)

Moving on now... healthy Wings in 2011 = Cup.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#177 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

If at first you don't succeed...

Attached File  marianhossa_trying.jpg   263.67KB   17 downloads

#178 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

Hate him or love him, good for him. Never would have happened on the Atlanta Thrashers. Gotta have respect, nothing like the Cup.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#179 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

I wish Hossa had won the Cup as a Wing but good for him. Finally. ;)

Moving on now... healthy Wings in 2011 = Cup.

Now you're being very naive here

#180 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:44 AM

If at first you don't succeed...

Attached File  marianhossa_trying.jpg   263.67KB   17 downloads

try, Try, TRY...again!!!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.