• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

A little conspiracy in Montreal?

Rate this topic

I heard them talking about it during the game. Those Habs can't be trusted.

Since they (Habs) lost the game, this is kind of funny. I'd like to find out what it was and how it got there.

i doubt that anyone on the canadiens would look for an unfair advantage like that.. i mean they are professional players, i would think they would want the competition to be as fair as possible..

lol

i doubt that anyone on the canadiens would look for an unfair advantage like that.. i mean they are professional players, i would think they would want the competition to be as fair as possible..

Don't put it past them. Referencing the 1993 Cup:

As of 2009[update], this is the most recent time that a Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup Championship. It is also (to date) the last time the Canadiens have advanced to the Stanley Cup Final. Many superstitous fans attibute this to the "Curse", having to do with the Montreal Canadiens coaching staff's cheating by illegally entering the Los Angeles locker room to measure Marty McSorley's stick. According to those who believe the curse, no Canadian team will ever win the Stanley Cup again until the Montreal organization publicly apologizes to the Los Angeles Kings and their fans.

Yeah, it's from Wiki, but they've been known to be right before.

Edited by 55fan

You know what else would slow the Flyers down? Getting more than one shot on goal per period

Quoted for truth. Also for, "ass, ass, titties, titties, ass and titties".

You know what else would slow the Flyers down? Getting more than one shot on goal per period

You obviously weren't watching any of the series.

The trick to beating the Canadiens was discovered....let them out shoot you instead. Montreal out shot Philly in 4 of the 5 games. Montreal's win in game 3 was the first game in the post season (out of 6 I believe) that they've won while out shooting the opponent.

In total, Montreal had 140 shots in the series vs. Philly's 125. Compare that to their series against Washington and Pittsburgh:

VS. WASH (shots on goal)

Mon - 194, Was - 292

VS. PITT (shots on goal)

Mon - 173, Pit - 224

So, let's recap, in the series vs. Was and Pit, Mon gets out shot by 98 and 51 shots respectively and they go on to win both series. They out shoot Philly in all but one game and cumulatively by 15 shots and lose in 5 games.