• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

I think a Wings-Hawks series would have been closer and more exciting. Honestly though, I think the Hawks would have won in about 6 or 7 games.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#22 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

Ill do one better. Depends on face-offs AND officiating. :cool:

Honestly though, I think we would have pushed the Hawks to game 6 or 7, but would have lost in the end. This year just wasnt our year from the start.

I'll buy that... :)

#23 magicaldatsyuk

magicaldatsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:01 PM

i dont know why any red wings fan is saying they dont believe in their team... i dont think the hawks got that much better then us in one year.. and we beat them last year 4-1....
"failing to prepare is the same as preparing for failure."- John Wooden

#24 NC WINGS FAN

NC WINGS FAN

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

I think it would have depended on what version of the Wings showed up to play. I think it would have been a tighter series than the SJ/Chi series and the Det/SJ series, but I feel we still would have had a better chance of losing than winning. Chicago is very determined this year, and it shows it their ability to hang around and grind out a win however they can.

Saying that, though, I felt the Sharks looked extremely slow and could not take advantage of any of the opportunities they were given. The didn't play completely horribly, but for much of what I saw, their being out of position and not jumping on second and third chances cost them those goals that might have won a game for them. In a lot of ways, I felt I was re-watching the Det/SJ series but with the Sharks playing worse than the Wings.

Like others have said, I'm kind of glad that we didn't play Chicago this year and have that possibility of getting beaten by them. We weren't showing our true colors in this year's playoffs, and I like the fact that if Chicago does go on to win the Cup, there is still that little asterisk in the back of Chicago's mind that says: *But we didn't have to go through Detroit to get here. :(

Next year will definitely be interesting. And I can't wait.

So, you would rather the Redwings lose in the second round than have gone deep into the playoffs and lost to Chicago? I do not understand that logic one bit. Getting to the 3rd round is an accomplishment in and of itself. Losing in the first or second round is forgettable at best.

#25 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

I feel it would have been a series in which we had a shot to beat them...looking at the regular season matchups it was 3-3...though chicago's 3 wins were against more so our AHL team...so in essence our "A" squad was 3-0 against them
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,850 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

I feel it would have been a series in which we had a shot to beat them...looking at the regular season matchups it was 3-3...though chicago's 3 wins were against more so our AHL team...so in essence our "A" squad was 3-0 against them

Well, our AHL squad owned San Jose too in the regular season.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:20 PM

I think we would have fared better against Chicago than SJ simply because of the Rivalry, and I swear they are a mirror image of the Wings (at least when we were a bit younger). But I think Chicago would have won. THey clearly have the hunger, desire, and the more they win, the more it looks like destiny.

I'm glad they didn't have to play us to get through the playoffs, because it does leave doubt in their minds on whether they can really beat us or not.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#28 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

I agree with most of the posters, I don't think the Wings would of won the series but probably win a game or 2.