• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

If you had to predict what the 2010-2011 Roster WILL look like

Rate this topic

The cap is expected to go up to 57.7 and if you had to guess what the 2010-2011 roster would look like (not what you would do) but what team Holland and co. will actually ice for next year - what do you think it will end up looking like?

(lines are arbitrary) - this is not a line combo thread, put them together however you'd like and please do not argue line combo's -

My guess is:

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($2.500m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m) OR Drew Miller / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.500m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Andreas Lilja ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $57.330m; CAP ROOM: $0.370m BONUSES: $0.000m

EDIT - EDITED for bottom 6

Edited by stevkrause

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

The cap is expected to go up to 57.7 and if you had to guess what the 2010-2011 roster would look like (not what you would do) but what team Holland and co. will actually ice for next year - what do you think it will end up looking like?

(lines are arbitrary) - this is not a line combo thread, put them together however you'd like and please do not argue line combo's -

My guess is:

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Drew Miller ($0.750m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Off topic: Draper getting paid $1.583 is ridiculous. On topic: I would not be surprised if Miller did NOT get resigned...he is rather redundant IMO. Also, I doubt that Bertuzzi will be paid $1.5 mil and Holmstrom $2.5.

Off topic: Draper getting paid $1.583 is ridiculous. On topic: I would not be surprised if Miller did NOT get resigned...he is rather redundant IMO. Also, I doubt that Bertuzzi will be paid $1.5 mil and Holmstrom $2.5.

Draper is already signed for that amount, so there's nothing we can do about it... Miller will be re-signed, Holland has already said he will tender offers to all of his RFA's and with the way he played this past year, unless someone actually signs him to an offer sheet(not likely) and we get draft picks as compensation, I don't see why we wouldn't keep him as a bottom line guy, he's great as an energy guy/PK guy...

I don't see Bert taking a pay cut, so I priced him in at the same price he was already at... as for Holmstrom, his agent said he will not take a home-town discount and wants a raise, so that's the only reason I notched that number in there - when you average it out for a 20-30 goal and 50+ pt guy (not to mention how many more goals are DIRECTLY related to his work in front of the net, 2.5 is not an overpayment...

Note to UFA players who want rasies...... Move on and Move out... If it's true Holmer's agent said that, then adios! Hudler? Trade him at the draft in order to secure Dylan McIlrath. Would also like to see Holland convince Rafalski to waive his NTC..

Holmer ($1.5) / Datsyuk ($6.7) / Franzen ($3.955)

Bertuzzi ($1.5) / Zett ($6.083) / Filppula ($3.0)

Abdelkader ($0.900) / Cleary ($2.800) / Draper ($1.583)

Darren Helm ($0.750) / Miller ($0.600) / UFA ($?.???)

Eaves ($0.550)Ritola (if he can make the team, just because he is out of options doesn't guarantee him a spot)

Lidstrom ($4.5M) / Rafalski ($6.0)

Stuart ($3.75) / Kronwall ($3.0)

Ericsson ($0.900) / UFA ($?.???)

Kindl ($0.883)

Howard ($.717) / Osgood ($1.417)

Total $51.088 Total - $6.612 avail to better this team....

This defense was absolutely horrible last season, if all Holland does is re-sign the same and replace Lebda/Meech with Kindl, we're in for a CRAPPY season!!!! Since this is not a what would you do thread, I won't get into that, but this is the roster I would like to see, while using the available $6.6M to get a forward and defender to better this club...

Oh, and, Fire McCrimmon.....PLEASE!

edit: Looking at Ritola/Eaves, you could sign Eaves to a similar contract and who ever makes the team, waive the other, salary pretty much a wash...

Edited by LeftWinger

as for Holmstrom, his agent said he will not take a home-town discount and wants a raise

Do have a source for this? Not saying you are wrong, but I haven't seen this anywhere?

Note to UFA players who want rasies...... Move on and Move out... If it's true Holmer's agent said that, then adios! Hudler? Trade him at the draft in order to secure Dylan McIlrath. Would also like to see Holland convince Rafalski to waive his NTC..

Holmer ($1.5) / Datsyuk ($6.7) / Franzen ($3.955)

Bertuzzi ($1.5) / Zett ($6.083) / Filppula ($3.0)

Abdelkader ($0.900) / Cleary ($2.800) / Draper ($1.583)

Darren Helm ($0.750) / Miller ($0.600) / UFA ($?.???)

Eaves ($0.550)Ritola (if he can make the team, just because he is out of options doesn't guarantee him a spot)

Lidstrom ($4.5M) / Rafalski ($6.0)

Stuart ($3.75) / Kronwall ($3.0)

Ericsson ($0.900) / UFA ($?.???)

Kindl ($0.883)

Howard ($.717) / Osgood ($1.417)

Total $51.088 Total - $6.612 avail to better this team....

This defense was absolutely horrible last season, if all Holland does is re-sign the same and replace Lebda/Meech with Kindl, we're in for a CRAPPY season!!!! Since this is not a what would you do thread, I won't get into that, but this is the roster I would like to see, while using the available $6.6M to get a forward and defender to better this club...

Oh, and, Fire McCrimmon.....PLEASE!

edit: Looking at Ritola/Eaves, you could sign Eaves to a similar contract and who ever makes the team, waive the other, salary pretty much a wash...

wait to go completely ignoring the context of the thread... :thumbdown:

Do have a source for this? Not saying you are wrong, but I haven't seen this anywhere?

http://detnews.com/article/20100522/OPINION03/5220399/Re-signing-Tomas-Holmstrom-likely--but-no-slam-dunk-for-Red-Wings

Holmstrom's agent, in an interview with The Hockey News, made it clear his client wasn't offering bargains.

Prefacing his comments by saying a deal with the Wings is probable but not a lock, Howard Gourwitz said, "On the last contract, Tomas took a hometown discount so the organization would have enough cap room to keep everybody here (in Detroit). But at the end of the day, Tomas is going to have to feel he's being treated fairly in the realm of what is taking place in the locker room."

this makes me think he wants a raise, not a huge one, but a slight one... he could very well stay at 2.25 as well, I just don't see him taking a paycut as so many have suggested

Edited by stevkrause

This is what I think happens:

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Physical UFA($0.750m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Physical D-man ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

http://detnews.com/article/20100522/OPINION03/5220399/Re-signing-Tomas-Holmstrom-likely--but-no-slam-dunk-for-Red-Wings

this makes me think he wants a raise, not a huge one, but a slight one... he could very well stay at 2.25 as well, I just don't see him taking a paycut as so many have suggested

Thanks for the link.

F: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Hudler, Filppula, Franzen, Abdelkader, Helm, Cleary, Eaves, Draper, "3rd liner" + Ritola and maybe Miller

D: Lidstrom, Rafalski, Stuart, Kronwall, Kindl, Ericsson + Lilja

G: Howard, Osgood

Edited by Finnish Wing

so where exactly did I ignore the context of the thread? I didn't put names down,I didn't make a wish list, I gave realistic and cost saving figures. Just because I didn't use our exact roster from last year, I ignored the context? Well, you ignored you;re own context by giving these guys raises based on what you think they will get. Helm at $1M? Please! He's only at $600,000 right now. Do you know how long it took Kris Draper to get his first million plus contract and you wanna throw it at Helm after one season here? Talk about ignoring the context, that is a pipedream. I simply put down what I think the roster will look like, who knows who will be in the UFA slots, but if Holland has any sense, it won't be Lidstrom at $5.5M and Hudler will be gone. Lilja wont be here, and both Miller and Eaves will. You sir should go back and read your original post, then look at what you wrote down. BTW, if the roster is what you wrote down and we only have $300,000 for improvement or call-ups, this team is done before Christmas....

so where exactly did I ignore the context of the thread? I didn't put names down,I didn't make a wish list, I gave realistic and cost saving figures. Just because I didn't use our exact roster from last year, I ignored the context? Well, you ignored you;re own context by giving these guys raises based on what you think they will get. Helm at $1M? Please! He's only at $600,000 right now. Do you know how long it took Kris Draper to get his first million plus contract and you wanna throw it at Helm after one season here? Talk about ignoring the context, that is a pipedream. I simply put down what I think the roster will look like, who knows who will be in the UFA slots, but if Holland has any sense, it won't be Lidstrom at $5.5M and Hudler will be gone. Lilja wont be here, and both Miller and Eaves will. You sir should go back and read your original post, then look at what you wrote down. BTW, if the roster is what you wrote down and we only have $300,000 for improvement or call-ups, this team is done before Christmas....

The context is what HOLLAND will do, not what you'd do... do you even follow the Wings and the way they operate? Your "proposal" offered too many roster changes and the "Rafalski waive the NTC and trade Hudler" comments took it out of context right there alone... the numbers are just estimates, and this wasn't a "contract value" thread either... there's likely no way that either Miller OR Eaves are sent packing, let alone both of them...

Edited by stevkrause

F: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Hudler, Filppula, Franzen, Abdelkader, Helm, Cleary, Eaves, Draper, "3rd liner" + Ritola and maybe Miller

D: Lidstrom, Rafalski, Stuart, Kronwall, Kindl, Ericsson + Meech/Lebda

G: Howard, Osgood

you think they will keep meech/lebda over lilja?

Pretty much.

I expect to see Lidstrom for another season, or 2, but I'm not expecting any new UFA's to be signed.

Even though Holland said he will actively seek a 4th line winger in the Dallas Drake mold who is tough to play against? This makes me, at the very least, "expect" that he'll sign one UFA. But I won't be surprised if it doesn't work out.

Sadly ironic that you ask people their roster opinions, and then crap all over the opinions when posted.

Only unrealistic options... if someone came back with something that DIDN'T involve trading a recently signed player, who just came back from the KHL, SPECIFICALLY to play here, or cutting one or BOTH of our RFA forward acquisitions from last year, who were integral to our PK mind you (both of whom Holland has already said he will tender offers to) and I'd have no problem with it... suggest that Holmstrom walks, or we let Bert and Lilja go and fill out spots that way and I would not argue it... but to suggest something COMPLETELY uncharacteristic of Holland and co. isn't realistic and you know it... that was the only post I had an issue with...

Drapes.... retire. 4 rings.

Let it go. 1.583 huh.gif

We don't want that... that'd be 1.583 we'd have to eat as it was a 35+ signing...

Edited by stevkrause

Only unrealistic options... if someone came back with something that DIDN'T involve trading a recently signed player, who just came back from the KHL, SPECIFICALLY to play here, I'd have no problem with it... suggest that Holmstrom walks, or we let Bert and Lilja go and fill out spots that way, but to suggest something COMPLETELY uncharacteristic of Holland and co isn't realistic and you know it... that was the only post I had an issue with...

We don't want that... that'd be 1.583 we'd have to eat as it was a 35+ signing...

SHEESH! These contract things I tell ya lol But maaaan thats an awful lot to see go by the wayside for a guy who could probably skate til he is 70 so its aesthetically pleasing, but aside from that....

I think thats 3 solid lines that can score, the second one is if we could sign another forward

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-Helm

Eaves-Abdelkader-Draper

Ritola

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-UFA(id love to see Raffi Torres in there,with Williams,Miller gone thats like 2mill maybe Kenny could work something out)

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

Draper

Stuart-Rafalski

Kronwall-Lidstrom(just to help out Kronwall with his play)

Lilja/UFA-Ericcson

Kindl

Franzen Zetterberg Flip

Homer Datsyuk Bertuzzi

Hudler Abdelkader Cleary

Eaves Helm Burish

Draper/Ritola

Lidstrom Rafalski

Kronwall Stuart

Ericcson Lilja/Janik/Strudwick/BROOKBANK(hopefully)

Holland said he'll add a physical 4th line type guy. Burish can still play and plays extremely similar to Drake did. Depending on what Lilja gets offered or what he might be gone. Brookbank is his perfect replacement. I doubt Brookbank will be here but if Lilja is gone he would be the best fit from everyone I saw out of the free agents.

My guess is:

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Drew Miller ($0.750m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

So nothing at all really changes with our team? I really hope this isn't the roster. We didn't win this year, not even close. We're suppose to contend with the same roster, save happy happy Hudler? I hope we make some huge off-season changes.