• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

If you had to predict what the 2010-2011 Roster WILL look like

Rate this topic

Here comes the troll.

I never said we were definitely going to miss the playoffs. The 5 seed was just a guess that went wrong. Big freaking deal haters.

No, you wavered on that, though you leaned heavily on not making it. As you did all season. Sorry your BS comes back to bite you, but calling me a troll because you run your mouth and make stupid predictions and someone holds you accountable is pretty weak.

You = ESPN hockey coverage

No, you wavered on that, though you leaned heavily on not making it. As you did all season. Sorry your BS comes back to bite you, but calling me a troll because you run your mouth and make stupid predictions and someone holds you accountable is pretty weak.

You = ESPN hockey coverage

What came back to bite me? Last I checked, I have no bite marks on me.

I called you a troll because you're always trying to goad me into something. Yeah I said we wouldn't be a 5 seed. You don't have to bring it up every freaking time you respond to me.

I'm just tired of your crap and wish you'd stop responding to me altogether since you seem to have some problem with me.

Edited by GMRwings1983

with money we might save off Lids and the money we save by not bringing back Miller,Williams whats that like 2mill between the 2 does any one think we could get Raffi Torres hes a big guys 6'0 220 skates good, hits,can fight and can chip in offensivly have something like...

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-Torres

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

Draper

You're forgetting perhaps that we are adding almost $3 million in Hudler. With all the other FAs, it certainly not outside the realm of possibility (particularly if we go with Kindl and Meech for the 6 & 7 D), but I'd say it's unlikely.

with money we might save off Lids and the money we save by not bringing back Miller,Williams whats that like 2mill between the 2 does any one think we could get Raffi Torres hes a big guys 6'0 220 skates good, hits,can fight and can chip in offensivly have something like...

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-Torres

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

Draper

Yeah this is pretty much what I want. Torres is perfect, if not him then Eric Nystrom. I love Miller but he isnt what we need in a 4th liner.

You're forgetting perhaps that we are adding almost $3 million in Hudler. With all the other FAs, it certainly not outside the realm of possibility (particularly if we go with Kindl and Meech for the 6 & 7 D), but I'd say it's unlikely.

Well if we could get Lids to sign for like 4.5 let Miller and Willams walk thats like 5 mill and maybe let Lilja go say roughly 6 mill to bring in Hudler and Torres can someone do this on that capgeek or whatever its called dont know how to do it

Drapes.... retire. 4 rings.

Let it go. 1.583 huh.gif

draper is a great guy but i agree, i think hes just too old now and not productive enough.

Ok we don't want draper to retire now, we'd rather have him since the wings will eat the cap anyways.

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

*Alexei Ponikarovsky ($2.500m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

* Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / * Darren Helm ($0.800m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.250m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

* Derek Meech ($0.500m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $57.630m; CAP ROOM: $0.070m BONUSES: $0.000m

Is this realistic? I don't know. I hope Lidstrom takes that much of a pay cut but I could see him demanding a little more than that. I also have no idea how much it will take to resign Helm and Abby. I think we will sink or swim with Kindl being a regular defenseman, I know last year everyone thought we would trade for a "real" back up goalie but Holland trusted in Howard and was rewarded so I think its time to trust in Kindl now. I don't necessarily think we will sign Ponikarovsky but I think there is a good chance we go after a 2nd/3rd line tweener and that is the first name I found on cap geek's UFA list that seemed realistic to sign for 2.5 m. I know Holland said he wants to make the bottom six tougher but I think what they really want to do is be able to roll three scoring lines again, I swear that I read somewhere that he said that. Or maybe that is just what I want them to do :ph34r:

I've heard Poni a locker room cancer. Idk how true it is but I have a friend who knows Toronto's old Medical Trainer and he told me that Poni was just a slefish dick. I know i'm gonna hear the stories of i know so and so from so and so and so and so kinda poke fun at me stories but take it for what it's worth.

What about if we cleared some space like i said before with guys leaving like Williams,Miller,maybe Lilja and money we save possibly from Lids what about maybe a trade for Nathan Horton big power forward 6'2 230lbs awsome offensive skills hard nose player...with the panthers in the rebuild stage and Horton wanting out of there is there something we could offer to get him in i think his cap is somewhere in the 3.5-4mill range....im sure they would be looking for something similar to the Kovy deal avg. Nhl player,prospect or 2 maybe some picks......maybe we let Bert go to to open up more space just a thought.

Hudler-Datsyuk-Horton

Cleary-Filppula-Abdelkader/Eaves

Eaves/Abdelkader-Helm-Draper

Ritola

Hudler-Datsyuk-Horton

Cleary-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

Draper

Stuart-Rafalski

Kronwall-Lidstrom

Janik-Ericcson

Kindl

Im close here...

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / * Nathan Horton ($4.000m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($1.850m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

* Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / * Darren Helm ($0.850m) / Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

* Patrick Eaves ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

* Doug Janik ($0.500m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $57.530m; CAP ROOM: $-0.730m BONUSES: $0.000m

Funny that you left Eaves off your roster. :)

Jiri Hudler / Pavel Datsyuk / Tomas Holmstrom

Valtteri Filppula / Henrik Zetterberg / Johan Franzen

Todd Bertuzzi / Justin Abdelkader / Daniel Cleary

Patrick Eaves / Darren Helm / Physical UFA (Nystrom would be candidate, someone in that mold)

Kris Draper

Ritola or Miller if we have the cap space

Nicklas Lidstrom / Brian Rafalski

Brad Stuart / Niklas Kronwall

Jonathan Ericsson / Jakub Kindl

Derek Meech (Yeah, unfortunately this is what I expect for our 5-6-7 on defense)

Jimmy Howard / Chris Osgood

wow, I don't know how I did that, I meant to have Eaves in... I think all 3 of Miller/Eaves/Ritola will be signed, but one traded... I think Ritola might get traded to be honest and I actually think Eaves is the most likely of the 3 to be back... don't know how I made that mess up... good catch

This is what I think happens:

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($2.500m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Darren Helm ($1.000m) / Physical UFA($0.750m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.500m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Physical D-man ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $57.330m; CAP ROOM: $0.370m BONUSES: $0.000m

I like this roster but what are the chances Homer is done?

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Afinogenov(1.5)

Hudler-Flippula-Franzen

Ritola-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Eaves(750,000)

Cleary

D men are perfect! Line 1, 2, 3 can all score and has size as well (not line 1 but f*** could they score!!) SteveKrause I know you said NOT what I would do but Im sorry, I want Holland to do this.....Please?!

ps-it also free's up a mill if Homer goes. Afinogenov had an awesome year and with Dats hed be on fire, let alone Z as well. Give him a two or three year deal with a cap hit of 1.5-2. Not far fetched at all, though Thrashers really want him back.

Sadly ironic that you ask people their roster opinions, and then crap all over the opinions when posted.

He's just a Hudler slappie. Hudler sucks and he doesn't want to admit it. He sees Hudler playing on the top line, like Hudler coming back from the KHL is going to be the second coming of the Messiah! DUDE, GET OFF THE HUDLER JOCKSTRAP! Hudler couldn't even make his national team for the Olympics, he is NOT GOING TO BE ON EITHER OF THE TOP TWO LINES!!!!!! He should be traded at the draft alng with our #1 to move up in order to guarantee McIlrath, that is the ONLY usefulness Hudler has to this team...

Oh wait! Hudler got so much experience in the KHL, he is a leader now, he can defend, hit, play in the corners AND score 70 goals! He's gonna be our #1 line and carry us to the Stanley Cup! Oh yeah baby!

So, what Holland is gonna do, is sign Lidstrom to stupid money, insist that the omnipotent hudler get more ice-time that Zetterberg and Franzen combined and not move or acquire anyone who wasn't on the roster last season...

You wanna know what our roster will look like with no changes? It'll look like no playoffs or first round exit because the defense sucks, we couldn't score a goal when we needed it (not even extended 5 on 3's) and our goal-tending will be worse (no way Howard can repeat his rookie season.)

Why start a thread asking what we think the roster will look like then say, well you can't make changes, you need to just keep it the same because you cannot suggest a trade or using available cap space to get a player (whoever it may be) to make this team better.

He asks if I even follow this team and how it operates? I guarantee I have taken more s***s than he's seen games... I love the guys who became fans of this team somewhere around the mid 90's and think that they have been thru the wars with this organization....

Using the OP's logic, what do I think the roster will look like in 10-11?

s***, with no cap space for improvement at deadline or call-ups...

wow, I don't know how I did that, I meant to have Eaves in... I think all 3 of Miller/Eaves/Ritola will be signed, but one traded... I think Ritola might get traded to be honest and I actually think Eaves is the most likely of the 3 to be back... don't know how I made that mess up... good catch

So now your making trades? What would Holland do? So it would have been better if I had said, "I think Hudler might be traded because he sucks" instead of saying I think he should be traded because he sucks?

BTW, have you even watched the business end of hockey at all? What team in their right mind would offer Holland anything more than a bag of pucks for any of those guys knowing damn well that in order to become compliant one of them is going to have to be waived? Oh, here's another shocker, there will no bidding war for Ritola from any team, so if he doesn't make the club, he will be waived and he may get claimed FOR FREE.

you waiver more than a John Kerry, Barrack Obama news conference...

So now your making trades? What would Holland do? So it would have been better if I had said, "I think Hudler might be traded because he sucks" instead of saying I think he should be traded because he sucks?

BTW, have you even watched the business end of hockey at all? What team in their right mind would offer Holland anything more than a bag of pucks for any of those guys knowing damn well that in order to become compliant one of them is going to have to be waived? Oh, here's another shocker, there will no bidding war for Ritola from any team, so if he doesn't make the club, he will be waived and he may get claimed FOR FREE.

you waiver more than a John Kerry, Barrack Obama news conference...

once again, what I said it WILL look like... not what I'd do, even though you're a giant ******, I agree and I would actually prefer Hudler be traded as well, but it's not going to happen...

I also said this ISN'T A LINE THREAD - I never said he should be a tope line guy, that was just thrown together (as I already covered)

as for the trade of Ritola, I didn't say it WOULD happen, I just said I thought it might, Holland has said he was going to tender offers to all of our RFA's, so Meech/Miller/Ritola - 2 of those 3 will need to be traded OR waived - that IS the business end of things, there is simply not the roster space...

Also, keep politics off this board - they don't belong here and make you look like a giant ass in all ways.

Edited by stevkrause

He's just a Hudler slappie. Hudler sucks and he doesn't want to admit it. He sees Hudler playing on the top line, like Hudler coming back from the KHL is going to be the second coming of the Messiah! DUDE, GET OFF THE HUDLER JOCKSTRAP! Hudler couldn't even make his national team for the Olympics, he is NOT GOING TO BE ON EITHER OF THE TOP TWO LINES!!!!!! He should be traded at the draft alng with our #1 to move up in order to guarantee McIlrath, that is the ONLY usefulness Hudler has to this team...

Oh wait! Hudler got so much experience in the KHL, he is a leader now, he can defend, hit, play in the corners AND score 70 goals! He's gonna be our #1 line and carry us to the Stanley Cup! Oh yeah baby!

So, what Holland is gonna do, is sign Lidstrom to stupid money, insist that the omnipotent hudler get more ice-time that Zetterberg and Franzen combined and not move or acquire anyone who wasn't on the roster last season...

You wanna know what our roster will look like with no changes? It'll look like no playoffs or first round exit because the defense sucks, we couldn't score a goal when we needed it (not even extended 5 on 3's) and our goal-tending will be worse (no way Howard can repeat his rookie season.)

Why start a thread asking what we think the roster will look like then say, well you can't make changes, you need to just keep it the same because you cannot suggest a trade or using available cap space to get a player (whoever it may be) to make this team better.

He asks if I even follow this team and how it operates? I guarantee I have taken more s***s than he's seen games... I love the guys who became fans of this team somewhere around the mid 90's and think that they have been thru the wars with this organization....

Using the OP's logic, what do I think the roster will look like in 10-11?

s***, with no cap space for improvement at deadline or call-ups...

Your s*** = you

I have been following this team for over 20 years and you've just proven you know nowhere NEAR the same about them as me...

homer/datsyuk/hudler

franzen/fill/zetts

clears/abby/ritola

eaves/helm/asham

draper

lids/raffi

kronner/stewie

big E/exelby?

kindl

howie

ozzie

let lebda and lilja, williams walk, trade/waive miller,meech. sadly as I want bert back don't think it will be affordable.

Sorry to burst your Hudler-hate bubble, but the head coach of the team already has stated Hudler will play top six minutes next season. You are no different -- in fact, actually worse -- than the Hudler "slappies" with your extreme hatred of Hudler. Beyond the big three, Hudler is the most talented offensive threat on the team now.

Edited by GoWings1905

Ok we don't want draper to retire now, we'd rather have him since the wings will eat the cap anyways.

I've heard Poni a locker room cancer. Idk how true it is but I have a friend who knows Toronto's old Medical Trainer and he told me that Poni was just a slefish dick. I know i'm gonna hear the stories of i know so and so from so and so and so and so kinda poke fun at me stories but take it for what it's worth.

not to mention EXTREMELY lazy defensively, sort of looks to me like he is playing drop in or something . i have also heard he isn't a very good team guy from when he was in toronto and now in schittsburgh.

Sorry to burst your Hudler-hate bubble, but the head coach of the team already has stated Hudler will play top six minutes next season. You are no different -- in fact, actually worse -- than the Hudler "slappies" with your extreme hatred of Hudler. Beyond the big three, Hudler is the most talented offensive threat on the team now.

hes about on the same level as flipper, maybe with a little better nack for scoring goals but i feel flip is probably a little more dependable without the puck. i agree though, huds is a stud, knows the system, got like 59 points for us not too long ago why cant he do that or better again? i know he was a ppg in the khl last year like 7th in the league in scoring or something and all under 3 mill per year.... thats a bargain IMO.

Not quite. Babs said he'll have every opportunity to prove that he can play in the top six. He can definitely play his way back to the 3rd line.

Not quite. Babs said he'll have every opportunity to prove that he can play in the top six. He can definitely play his way back to the 3rd line.

Exactly. Everyone thinks Huds is a lock for top 6 all year but last time he was here he ended up 4th line in the playoffs for gods sake. He'll probably end up on the 3rd line and as a PP specialist.

Exactly. Everyone thinks Huds is a lock for top 6 all year but last time he was here he ended up 4th line in the playoffs for gods sake. He'll probably end up on the 3rd line and as a PP specialist.

I hope he stays top 2 and if we dont land any suprise offensive pick-ups he probably will. Either way if its line 1,2 or 3 Huds is a great playmaker and has a good shot so to me its great hes back. However I do think having Holmer walk to make room for that offensive pick-up would be nice...Ill say it again, Afinogenov! Add him to your top six and jumble some lines, Serious s*** my friends :thumbup:

Edited by 13dangledangle

No one is a lock for anything in this team. Last year we had Hossa as well. Holmstrom will also be two years older now. It's highly unlikely that Hudler wouldn't be in our top6 most of the time next season. Edited by Finnish Wing