• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

96warrior

Steve Yzerman named TB's new GM

Rate this topic

Its sad to see him go, but, as has been said, this is a excellent chance got stevie to prove what he can do for a team being in charge in the office. On the up side, now I have a solid pick for my new number 1 non canadian team in the east.

Edited by acidroach420

I REALLY hate to see Stevie go, but he has a lot of good young players to start off with, he gets to pick his own coach, and he gets to live it up in Florida. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. There's no question who my second favorite team is now.

On a somewhat related note, isn't it ironic that he went to the Lightning? The Wings are red/white, the Lightning are blue/black (the exact opposite colors). His best player has the same first name (except he's called Steven, not Steve or Stevie) and has the same two numbers, except in reverse (91). Its like Yzerman went to the bizarro Wings. :D

Best of luck to the Captain and the heart and soul of the Red Wings organization. I can't possibly be mad at him for taking a great opportunity - he paid his dues and earned everything that has come his way. I hope he succeeds in Tampa, as I'm sure he will after learning from the absolute best in the business. The Red Wings are the blueprint for the rest of the league.

At least he went to a team that we don't hate. I can root for Tampa Bay now in the Eastern Conference.

Edited by GoWings1905

I REALLY hate to see Stevie go, but he has a lot of good young players to start off with, he gets to pick his own coach, and he gets to live it up in Florida. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. There's no question who my second favorite team is now.

On a somewhat related note, isn't it ironic that he went to the Lightning? The Wings are red/white, the Lightning are blue/black (the exact opposite colors). His best player has the same first name (except he's called Steven, not Steve or Stevie) and has the same two numbers, except in reverse (91). Its like Yzerman went to the bizarro Wings. :D

Not to mention the fact that the Lightning suck and the Wings have been a perennial powerhouse. :D

I got a say, big mistake if they make him the highest paid GM in the league.

I love guy and he did great things for the Canadian team, however in the Olympics he doesn't have to worry about competing offers, and players asking for more money or handing out NMCs.

Good luck Stevie, this is only a training stint until you come back to Det!

Hope your right ,but its going to be long while as their about to ink Holland in again. And that's why Stevie Y is gone - what a drag.

Okay, now that's funny. :D I was on a downer when I heard the news. Thanks for the laugh.

Good luck Captain. Hope to see you back where you belong soon.

I have a solid feeling that Stevie was their guy (obviously) but he originally turned it down until they came back and gave him fat cash. I think this is a good thing for both Stevie and the Wings. The organization can see if Stevie will be a successful GM and if he is, hopefully he comes back when Kenny is gone (although it sounds like Nill will have to come and go by that time).